Captain
# 1 Beta Reward Idea
05-17-2013, 03:09 PM
So, sitting here waiting for yet another patch to finish, with a slow down at 83%, I begin to think.

We are nearing go time for LoR. Great. Many have put in a number of hours away from their fleets, characters, and Holodeck, troubleshooting this great new addition to the game we enjoy.

We are to receive a reward of some type for Beta weekend and I thought to myself, "Self, what would be a great gift from Cryptic for all that fun work?"

And I answered, "How about letting us keep these characters we have played up in Beta and allowing them to be transferred to Holodeck?"

What a fantastic idea. Can this be done? It would allow all to keep the effort of days playing through content. Can Cryptic "Make It So"?
Just say no to ARC
Empire Veteran
# 2
05-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Keep dreaming.

Going by previous rewards and the forthcoming Tholian Rep, it's a safe bet that it's a tribble that poops Nukara marks with a 1 hour CD.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Captain
# 3
05-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
Keep dreaming.

Going by previous rewards and the forthcoming Tholian Rep, it's a safe bet that it's a tribble that poops Nukara marks with a 1 hour CD.
Maybe. Thats the trend. But never hurts to post a better idea and see what happens.
Just say no to ARC
Republic Veteran
# 4
05-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
Maybe. Thats the trend. But never hurts to post a better idea and see what happens.
"Better". Interesting choice of words. My choice would have been "greedy".
Captain
# 5
05-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Yeah, and bring back ALL the reputation item for free, from the tribble DS9 trader
I've no problem with that !
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
05-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Id quite like the tribble
Captain
# 7
05-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Eh, I thought it would be neat to get a claimable veteran Tovan Khev boff for Federation and KDF captains.

I mean, this is an expansion and not just some season update, right? Why not celebrate it with something more than 'just another tribble'?

That said, and personally speaking, my 'reward' is the hope that I helped make the game just a little bit better by reporting bugs and offering feedback.
Career Officer
# 8
05-17-2013, 03:44 PM
If I recall, this has been asked before, just about every other major Tribble release. The devs have stopped responding, but I remember one of them mentioning that the code on Tribble was slightly different from the code on live, and the two wouldn't match for some reason.
Lieutenant
# 9
05-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Just... no.

That's not even a remotely good idea.
Career Officer
# 10
05-17-2013, 04:05 PM
also long as its not a trib to go to my bank to get dusty I will be happy but it will more then likely be one like 99% of all test rewards have been
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.