Rihannsu
# 651
05-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Did you do this one? (not sure)

Name: The Beta Rana Incident
Author: marhawkman
faction: starfleet

Description: sTarfleet command needs you to investigate a solar system near Federation space to determine why the star has suddenly become unstable.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 652
05-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Hey Evil. I'm glad to see you're still doing these things. Well I've finally finished my series, and would like to know what you think.

Mission Name: The Wave Empire Ep.5
Author: skyline45
Minimum Level: 41+
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HNN7Z42LT
Estimated Mission Length: 1hr

Method of Report Delivery: Just the normal place will do. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=279751

Thank you again, and I look forward to reading your report ^.^
My Foundry Missions:
The Wave Empire Series: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=279751
Career Officer
# 653
05-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Sorry. I am LA for a Knights of LOJ meeting. I plan to get back into the queue on Sunday. For those that have submitted missions for review I will add them to the queue in the morning.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Commander
# 654
05-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Hello Evil,
I have a special request if you find the time to spare. Could you post the list of your que? I think I was in there a while back but I've lost track...

If you like Foundry missions, try mine here!
Career Officer
# 655
05-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by remairtamec View Post
Cheers for that Evil. The "Continue" thing is something I've done my best to address for my Foundry Contest mission (Alpha Flight if you're curious), in which I think I managed to remove all of them and replace them with a little more interesting dialogue. I agree that just because Cryptic uses "Continue" a lot doesn't make it a good thing

Good notes on the rewording and addition of a respawn marker, when I get some more free time I'll get onto those and the Scan Door interaction lingering.

The warhead lingering was the best I could manage without being able to use OR gates on triggers. It was either this, having the mine disappear when the shield is lowered, or having player able to plant the first mine and have it do nothing even after they solve the puzzle. It was the best solution I could find from a bad situation.

Thanks again for this, I think what you're doing here in this thread is really excellent work, helping the new and experienced alike improve. I learned a lot from reading your feedback to other people's missions, keep up the good work!
Perhaps I misunderstood what I was seeing. What I was referring to is that there are two warheads present. After I picked up one of the "warhead" it still remained there. When I picked up the second "warhead" it disappeared. As for the "Scan Door" option, if it a triggered event you should be able to make it go away based on another trigger for a different event. I hope that clears that up.

As always I am glad I could help and I really enjoyed the mission. I am glad that you have found this thread helpful in creating your missions. That is my goal, to give constructive feedback to other authors so they can make better missions, which enhance the playing experience for us all.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.
Career Officer
# 656
05-19-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horriblecat View Post
I will be reposting my foundry mission probably in the next few days and under the same title. I have gone through and reworked the dialog and worked on a few bugs that I saw as well as remove a map or two that was kind of useless. Look for it in a few days and thanks for the review ahead of time.

Also I am working on a three part series that shows promise and I will post it asap.

Cheers,
Horriblecat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by horriblecat View Post
Hello,

Reposting my mission for you to review. I have added several improvements to the gameplay.

Name: All Roads Lead To Rome
ID: ST-HRPGRETGV
Author: horriblecat
Faction: Starfleet
Level: 31+
Duration: Roughly about 30 to 35 minutes

Description
A routine mission is interrupted by a message from Starfleet. Prepare for an engaging mission into a system that is on the edge of Federation space. Engage in a compelling story with many twists and turns and a hidden agenda that goes all the way to the top. Combat near the end and hopefully a wonderful climax to leave you wanting the sequel

This is my first mission so please offer feedback on how I can improve future missions as well as this one.
Your mission is currently 11th in the queue. I am making progress on the queue, slowly but surely and will get to yours as quickly as I can.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Career Officer
# 657
05-19-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldil1 View Post
I've just posted my first mission, and I would greatly appreciate some feedback.

I like the in-depth information you provide, so I was hoping you could take a look at mine...

Here is my Forum thread

Mission Name: Contact Squared
Author: eldil1
Project ID: ST-HDKD38CDP
Estimated Mission Length: 30-45 minutes

In Game Description:

Thank you in advance for your help...
Hi eldil1,

Welcome to the queue. Your mission is currently 16th in the queue behind dewey001. I will get to your mission as soon as I can.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Career Officer
# 658
05-19-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
Thanks for finally getting to my mission, O Evil one. Though truth be told, by the time you did, it had already been subjected to many other reviews and revisions (which is probably why you found so little fault with it). Map 7 in particular has proven very hard to get right.

As for the one suggestion you made, I'm not sure how to fix the "cowering in unison" issue or even if it can be fixed. I think that has more to do with the game and/or graphics engines than with map design.
Hi paxfederatica,

Sorry it took so long but real world work takes precedence over my fun time. It is how I can afford to do the fun things I like.

The cowering in unison could be resolved by making them each do something other than cower. Otherwise it looked as if they were exercising and not cowering. Some could be kneeling or anyone of a number of different activities. I noted it as a bit of a distraction from an otherwise enjoyable story. You did a great job in the development and if that was the only thing I found wrong by the time I got to the mission I would say you are doing a great job. Keep it up.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Career Officer
# 659
05-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Did you do this one? (not sure)

Name: The Beta Rana Incident
Author: marhawkman
faction: starfleet

Description: sTarfleet command needs you to investigate a solar system near Federation space to determine why the star has suddenly become unstable.
Hi marhawkman,

Welcome back to the queue. I do not have a record of having done this mission before. Your mission is currently 17th in the queue behind eldil1. It may be a while but I will get to your mission as soon as I can.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian
Career Officer
# 660
05-19-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline475 View Post
Hey Evil. I'm glad to see you're still doing these things. Well I've finally finished my series, and would like to know what you think.

Mission Name: The Wave Empire Ep.5
Author: skyline45
Project ID: ST-HNN7Z42LT
Estimated Mission Length: 1hr

Method of Report Delivery: Just the normal place will do. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=279751

Thank you again, and I look forward to reading your report ^.^
Hi skyline45,

Welcome back to the queue. Your mission is currently 18th in the queue behind markhawkman. I am sorry for the long wait for mission reviews but my real world responsibilities take precedence over playing STO. As I mentioned above it is the way I can afford to spend time playing STO and doing the other fun things I like to do.

Thanks for authoring,
Brian