# 432 Launcher issue NOT resolved.
05-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Can't patch and load the game.
Captain
# 433
05-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownmccloud View Post
Ok as a game Dev for another company myself, and a long time IT guy, I have to say simply providing a link to the most recent launcher version, even if it DID work, is still a VERY cruddy solution, because it doesn't resolve or fix anything, its just a band aid, its a temp fix...someone at Cryptic/Perfect world should be looking into this, it seems to be so wide spread and you have people that have no trouble at all for years (like me) and all the sudden one day STO just refuses to cooperate. It seems to me there is some bug that needs to be worked out, I played for HOURS last night and now today I tried to login and got this message about the queue being full then it logged me out all together, so I exited and tried to relaunch the game and now Im in launcher hell.
Rgr that.
Last 3 versions of launcher have failed, I've been down over a month now waiting for a fix. I've been playing MWO on this PC since STO's launcher started to give me problems so I know it's not the PC or the internet connection. The initial 'band-aid' was to manually replace a launcher that stopped updating itself and the first replacement worked for 1 DAY, then died again. I think it's time I post my account for sale on craigs list.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Lieutenant
# 434
05-17-2013, 06:50 AM
Thanks for this!
The manual update fixed my authentication issue.
I'm definately bookmarking this thread.
Captain
# 435
05-17-2013, 02:16 PM
here we go again = "unable to connect to the patch server" even with the latest launcher , is the server down again for anybody else ?
Ensign
# 436
05-18-2013, 01:48 AM
Happened to me and cant fix it using this, i hate how this problem just appears been playing fine for months and now this can anyone help, im re-downloading it after uninstalling it
Ensign
# 437
05-18-2013, 02:26 AM
Buggers it is doing it again the loader is not patching, a permanent fix should be made for this
Ensign
# 438
05-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Yes but they never will, i would like to be playing this brilliant game but cant. Can we please get a fix that works
Lieutenant
what is the deal with the 3 GB patch every single time i log in and the 5 GB patch when i log out these patches have run every single time i have logged in and out this last few days
the amount is not the problem the fact that i have too wait every time too complete the patch is not the problem
what is concerning me is the amount of times you want too download and write this too my SSD

please sort this out it needs addressing
IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
Career Officer
# 440
05-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfusion2012 View Post
what is the deal with the 3 GB patch every single time i log in and the 5 GB patch when i log out these patches have run every single time i have logged in and out this last few days
the amount is not the problem the fact that i have too wait every time too complete the patch is not the problem
what is concerning me is the amount of times you want too download and write this too my SSD

please sort this out it needs addressing
I am having the same issue. I haven't tried reinstalling the Launcher manually. Will that fix it?