Lt. Commander
# 11
05-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
-snip-
So working as designed doesn't necessarily mean it's working the way you wish it did, just that it's working the way it was built to originally, aye?

Celebrating Over 10 Years of Star Trek Gaming
Empire Veteran
# 12
05-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle54 View Post
So working as designed doesn't necessarily mean it's working the way you wish it did, just that it's working the way it was built to originally, aye?
Basically, as far as I'm reading

'Working as intended', as far as the engine was designed to do, but not as the devs planned to keep. So it's still a bug because many players are annoyed with it.

In short, really another miscommunication, it seems
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
05-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post

'Working as intended', as far as the engine was designed to do, but not as the devs planned to keep. So it's still a bug because many players are annoyed with it.

It's literally the difference between "working as designed" and "working as intended".

Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7, the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Commander
# 14
05-17-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post

Just because your annoyed with something does NOT mean its a bug.

For instance I am annoyed with the perma KB with the secondary sword strike. Its not a bug its just annoying.
Empire Veteran
# 15
05-17-2013, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polie05 View Post

For instance I am annoyed with the perma KB with the secondary sword strike. Its not a bug its just annoying.
Uh, I never said I was annoyed with popups decloaking Klingon (and now Romulan) ships; just that it annoyed many others. And there have been a lot of requests that it be fixed, like many other 'bugs'.

It may not technically be a bug, but that doesn't mean we can't call it that, for convenience.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Empire Veteran
# 16
05-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polie05 View Post

That and there was a point that it never did it, like for the first year of the game. So most people assumed it was a bug and not done on purpose.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Captain
# 17
05-18-2013, 01:41 AM
Yeah, and why has there be so much talking? Give me the mission briefing and I will shoot up things. Talk, talk, talk , all the time .... shut up.

The other day I missed some loot again, while hitting the interaction key to pick things up, a guy in a pop screen appears telling me to warp out ... bang, gone.

Side note. I do often the 2800 missions to get the Jem set, but I really get frustrated while doing Boldly they rode of Kurland. Every step you take, Kurland here, ok you took a step, be careful now, put your other feet forward and take the next step. It should be renamed. Boldly they rode and never stopped blathering.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-18-2013, 02:39 AM
I've often wanted to blow Kurland's brains out as a prerequisite to starting the mission.
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.
Career Officer
# 19
05-18-2013, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Yeah, convenient how they 'fix' this right when the accursed Romulans are being released.
easy there space puppy
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
05-18-2013, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqqqii View Post
I've often wanted to blow Kurland's brains out as a prerequisite to starting the mission.
simple...get a human boff, name it Kurland...hmmm...and dismiss lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p