Survivor of Romulus
# 1141
05-17-2013, 10:33 PM
out of all 5 powers I'll rank in what i use

1) Quantum Absorption, this one is a dead give away, having extra hull and a useful shield regen for 30 seconds is great....hell with the rank 1 of this power on my guardian class i have an extra 13k hull.

2) plasma shockwave....extra damage is always good...though this can probably be cleaned by HE

3) Overload (cant remember the exact name), This is REALLY nice...it combines BO and rapid fire when using beams and cannons/turrets...its the equivalent of a rank 1 for both....and at level 5 its lasts for more than 15 seconds (cant recall exactly), it pretty much upgrades the firing cycle or all the energy weapons, instead of it being a onetime use like BO is.

4) Warp shadow...eh, the fact they dont do anything except fly around and very rarely fire a weapon (maybe 5% of the time) makes this power pretty useless...especialyl since if i keep firing after using it the enemy will retarget me anyways.

5) Singularity jump....utterly useless....its damage is near non existent and its pull is crap also....I get MORE use from a GW than this power....and a 5 km jump forward....not really that great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p

Last edited by cynder2012; 05-17-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Rihannsu
# 1142
05-17-2013, 10:35 PM
-40 power is ridiculous to "balance" for these weak, gimmicky powers with a long cooldown that no one asked for. I would gladly get rid of them to have regular power levels back. Just saying yet again, since this is going live on Tuesday. They need to either arm up the singularity powers or weaken the power penalty.
Captain
# 1143
05-18-2013, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
out of all 5 powers I'll rank in what i use

1) Quantum Absorption, this one is a dead give away, having extra hull and a useful shield regen for 30 seconds is great....hell with the rank 1 of this power on my guardian class i have an extra 13k hull.

2) plasma shockwave....extra damage is always good...though this can probably be cleaned by HE

3) Overload (cant remember the exact name), This is REALLY nice...it combines BO and rapid fire when using beams and cannons/turrets...its the equivalent of a rank 1 for both....and at level 5 its lasts for more than 15 seconds (cant recall exactly), it pretty much upgrades the firing cycle or all the energy weapons, instead of it being a onetime use like BO is.

4) Warp shadow...eh, the fact they dont do anything except fly around and very rarely fire a weapon (maybe 5% of the time) makes this power pretty useless...especialyl since if i keep firing after using it the enemy will retarget me anyways.

5) Singularity jump....utterly useless....its damage is near non existent and its pull is crap also....I get MORE use from a GW than this power....and a 5 km jump forward....not really that great.
My ranking is a little different than that so far:

For the Sci Ha'nom...

1) Singularity Jump...has awesome synergy with the rest of the build, providing various options on how the pain is dropped out on the target(s), and just looks cool pulsing away as targets die.

2) Plasma Shockwave...adds some additional damage over time, has nifty synergy with the builds other abilities, and can clear targetables if other stuff is on CD.

3) Energy Weapons: Singularity Overcharge...can add some single target damage and serves that point.

4) Quantum Absorption...outside of when I started a mission while still in a shuttle, there just hasn't been a need.

5) Warp Shadows...there just hasn't been a need.

For the Tac Ha'feh...

1) Energy Weapons: Singularity Overcharge...nifty to use when BO/CRF are on CD.

2) Plasma Shockwave...frag those targetables at the last moment.

3) Singularity Jump...don't have anything on this toon that really works well with this. Can clear targetables for 20s instead of the single blast that Plasma Shockwave does...but only weaker targetables.

4) Quantum Absorption...outside of when I started a mission while still in a shuttle, there just hasn't been a need.

5) Warp Shadows...there just hasn't been a need.

EW:SO, PS, SJ...they're going to vary in use depending on what I'm flying, what I'm flying it with, what kind of gearing/build/etc I'm sporting.

QA/WS...they're just...they're just meh and bah meh.

Here are the BOFF layouts for the two ships...

Sci Ha'nom

FAW1, DPA1
TT1

EPtS1, AtS1
TB1, HE2, PSW1, VM3
PH1, TSS2, GW1

Tac Ha'feh

TT1, BO2, APO1, APO3
THY1, DPA1, CRF2

EPtS1, AtS1
EPtW1

HE1, TSS2

Course, there's the Singularity Core that they're using:

Dual Injection Singularity Core Mk XI [SingA][SingC][SST]
+5 to 15 Engine Power, based on your Singularity Charge level
Maximum Warp Factor 10
Increases your Singularity Charge rate by 20%
Reduces the cooldown time on Singularity Power use by 10%
+20% Turnrate while in Slipstream
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 1144
05-18-2013, 07:02 AM
Okay, the following guys have no traits/skills/gear that boost any of their subsystem power levels. Don't ask me why, I don't know - don't understand why they wouldn't - don't care that they haven't. As such, they're eating the full -40 power.

Andrew - doesn't use any Singularity Abilities. He 5pips so he's only eating -30 power instead of -40. What is the -30 balancing?

Blake - has a single Singularity Ability that he finds useful. When he 5pips and uses that ability, he's actually eating -50 power. Is that single Ability worth -50 power?

Chuck - he finds all the Singularity Abilities useful in different scenarios. When he 5pips and uses whatever ability he finds most prudent to use, again he's going to be eating -50 power. Is the choice of Abilities (given the duration, the cooldown, and the time to build back up Singularity Charge) worth -50 power?

Dave, Eddie, and Frank - actually find certain Singularity Abilities useful; but they think some are just a waste. When they 5pip and use an ability, once more they're eating -50 power to do so. Is there personal/limited choice of Abilities (given the duration, the cooldown, and the time to build back up Singularity Charge) worth -50 power?

Gary - is flying a torp boat. He has no energy weapons. He cannot use Energy Weapons: Singularity Overcharge. Right there in the name, it only boosts Energy Weapons. So even if he has a use for the other four Singularity Abilities, when he 5pips and uses one of them...he's at -50 power.

Can go through all sorts of examples for Henry, Ian, Jake, Kevin, Luke, Marty, Nick, Owen, Paul, Quentin, Robbie, Steve, Timmy, Uriah, Vance, Walter, Xander, Yannick, and Zeke...

What is the "mid point" - what is the balancing point - what exactly is balancing that -30/-50 subsystem power for these guys? Obviously some will get more out of it than others, etc, etc, etc...so what's the actual balancing point for the loss?
Starfleet Veteran
# 1145
05-18-2013, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
The damage isn't what makes this valuable; the accuracy/(perception?)/damage debuff is. Drop this on a group of enemies (or on a big, nasty, immobile enemy like the eSTFs are full of) and they will be blind and powerless for the duration.

Also, it lets you combo with yourself with Gravity Well; drop GW, charge and drop SJ, and anybody caught in both is pretty well stuck til one expires, taking damage from both and helpless to return fire. Eject Warp Plasma also combos nicely with SJ; slather the target in the plasma and jump away, the plasma keeps them from moving away from the SJ, the SJ keeps them from escaping the plasma, and they're stuck, blind, and taking damage for the duration.

SJ has a lot more potential than you might think.
Captain
# 1146
05-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Just making my daily complaint about all the red lights on the Ha'feh.

The Designers should google Romulan ships and see if they can find one example of Romulan ships with red details.
Captain
# 1147
05-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelchenchuan View Post
Just making my daily complaint about all the red lights on the Ha'feh.

The Designers should google Romulan ships and see if they can find one example of Romulan ships with red details.
I'm still trying to find red lights...
Rihannsu
# 1148
05-18-2013, 09:13 AM
There are five lights.
Mhae ir-Virinat t'Rillas, R.R.W Temer
Captain
# 1149
05-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post
True. but even then, is taking out pet spam and torps worth 10 shield power?
Just felt the need to respond, personnal opinion of course.

10 shield power? Sure.
10 engine power? Depends on the ship and situation, but usually yes. (Honestly, I don't make builds that would depend on 10 engine power to turn.)
10 auxiliary power? Yes, bar some rare occasions.

But that is just me, I'm used to cycling 2 different EPtX abilities on all ships, that's about an additional 50-60 power I can play with. Then there's also Aux2Batt...

In the end, while it's a noticeable disadvantage, I'm pretty much fine with it. The ships themselves are solid.

And to respond to some, Devs added singularity abilities to make warbirds "special". hey said so several times (they felt the need to make the fact Romulans use singularity warp cores apparent, as well as their science penchant).
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 1150
05-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
I'm still trying to find red lights...
you might not be using the new skins and still have the generic one.

Go Hafeh, Hafeh, Hafeh and then you'll get all the red details. Looks more appropriate to cardassians or feds.