Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 305
# 201
04-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radkip View Post
Chain knockback is officially here to stay; The "Knockdown Immunity" buff you get when someone knocks you over is now gone on Tribble. And no, Surefooted does not make people immune to knockback like it is (was?) supposed to.

And Ground PvP was starting to get better. Oh well. Time to move onto a game that isn't intentionally broken.


From what I've seen on tribble, willpower got nerfed a bit and that's a good thing IMO. Stun pistols actually do something! Chain knockback isn't staying. According to mrkollins, Bort has said this will be addressed after LoR goes live. Get a [pbkb] shield to at least help deal with people exploiting it with swords for now.

As for the post about WM. that's what power cells are for. That's what taking cover is for. It hardly lasts long enough to even be an issue and is cleared and countered easily. Should dampening field be nerfed because more then one sci can use it? As for cover shields. One tachyon harmonic will destroy it no matter how much HPs it has. If you don't have a sci to do that it can be annoying but no reason to cry nerf. Engineer options have become increasingly limited and that shield has a variety of uses. Most use it to protect themselves while they deploy pets and that's kinda the idea behind a COVER shield!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 734
# 202
04-22-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Weapon malfunction when fully specced is lasting way too long, it should top out at like 10 seconds since there is no skill to spec into to resist it.
Say whaaaaaat? As an Engineer, I find that using weapons malfunction on a Tactical leaves much to be desired. There are many Tactical officers out there who can blissfully ignore weapons malfunction - which is bad, because they're the ones it's most needed on.

When it's used on me, sure, it's annoying, but hopefully I can survive long enough for it to clear (or use my own debuff clearing powers). WM is fine as is (and if anything could use a super boost where it works completely no matter what, but only if your main is an engineer and your @handle is mine).

As for shields, they're useful as is. If you have people on your own team completely blocking the line of fire, then... I don't know what to tell you. You should probably move to a different location that isn't a dead-end.
Join Date: July 29 2008
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 460
# 203
04-22-2013, 02:45 PM
The best thing about Weapons Malfunction is that most Tacs are bad and use it while they behind cover,, using the three second immunity buff up while they're moving out into view or using their other buffs.

Quote:
Chain knockback isn't staying. According to mrkollins, Bort has said this will be addressed after LoR goes live.
Yeah, but it's easy to just say something though. Granted, Borticus is one of the few developers who don't throw empty promises out like garbage, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.
Joined: January 2010

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 453
# 204
04-23-2013, 01:07 PM
If willpower got nerfed, does that mean that you just get knocked down, slowed, and stunlocked at random while walking around on ESD? It already does nothing, so if it got nerfed it must now do less than nothing...
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 305
# 205
04-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Willpower does nothing? Curious what makes you say that. The difference between a 0 willpower toon and one with 6 is quite large. Stun phasers/grenades don't work. Cane doesn't stun/lift them. Fuse armor hold is reduced to almost nothing. Kit stasis does nothing. I don't think the chain knock back is a result of willpower not working. If you're right and willpower does do nothing then it was the stun that was buffed. All I know is stun phasers/grenades work on tribble. Even toons with 6 WP , STF armor and resistance traits still get stunned, still get lifted by the cane and on holodeck they don't. .
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 993
# 206
05-14-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm not giving up on this
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 305
# 207
05-18-2013, 07:20 AM
Well, should we add the Tholian Elite stasis drones now or wait a couple weeks? For those not in the know, the Nukara rep unlocks Tholian reprogrammed drone consumable with a stasis drone that holds you in place. Cannot move. Cannot fire. Take full damage. Stubborn clickie does break you out but the drone puts you right back in and you can't use stubborn again to break out as it goes on 4 min CD. My question is why bother to fix stasis WM bug when these ridiculous things were coming. Ok everybody, who can spawn the most pets?? While all of our pets "PvP" I'ma go make a sammich.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 349
# 208
05-18-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nulonu View Post
Well, should we add the Tholian Elite stasis drones now or wait a couple weeks? For those not in the know, the Nukara rep unlocks Tholian reprogrammed drone consumable with a stasis drone that holds you in place. Cannot move. Cannot fire. Take full damage. Stubborn clickie does break you out but the drone puts you right back in and you can't use stubborn again to break out as it goes on 4 min CD. My question is why bother to fix stasis WM bug when these ridiculous things were coming. Ok everybody, who can spawn the most pets?? While all of our pets "PvP" I'ma go make a sammich.
This makes me sad, all the fighting we did to get that bug fixed and then cryptic decides
"OH you didnt like being able to kill someone that couldnt fight back while they were in stasis? you want that gun fixed? Ok here we fix it for you...but you can take these drones that do the same thing but now are working as intended!"
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 453
# 209
05-18-2013, 01:43 PM
May I be the first to say: lolground.

Enjoy your last few months of borderline playability while you can, lolspace. Cryptic is coming for you next.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,408
# 210
05-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shailat View Post
This makes me sad, all the fighting we did to get that bug fixed and then cryptic decides
"OH you didnt like being able to kill someone that couldnt fight back while they were in stasis? you want that gun fixed? Ok here we fix it for you...but you can take these drones that do the same thing but now are working as intended!"
"working as designed"
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 AM.