Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,541
# 731
05-17-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm kind of wondering how you'd set up the Fleet Ha'nom. Part of it looks like it could do a more heavy Sci escort set up, yet another part of me thinks maybe more of a Vesta set up perhaps? Or even a Torp Boat?
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,166
# 732
05-17-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
I'm kind of wondering how you'd set up the Fleet Ha'nom. Part of it looks like it could do a more heavy Sci escort set up, yet another part of me thinks maybe more of a Vesta set up perhaps? Or even a Torp Boat?
ive been wondering how i would set one up too. its kinda like a battle cruiser, only sci heavy instead of eng. that means your not going to get very far with cannon skill up time though. im afraid it wont be able to do much with its DHC use, less so then the vesta. a sci ship that can cloak, even battle cloak, is a totally new thing though
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 32
# 733
05-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Has anyone got a good build for the Steamrunner? I don't have any fleet ships so I'll be wanting to use it on my sci and eng as well as my tac so they've all got something as good as a fleet ship, I've been away so much from this game I've no clue what's in favour atm.

I also have practically no duty officers so bear that in mind I suppose.

Also is the recon vesta any good I might get that and use it for my science instead of Steamrunner, like is it comparable to a fleet ship?

Last edited by trixiefan; 05-17-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,541
# 734
05-17-2013, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
ive been wondering how i would set one up too. its kinda like a battle cruiser, only sci heavy instead of eng. that means your not going to get very far with cannon skill up time though. im afraid it wont be able to do much with its DHC use, less so then the vesta. a sci ship that can cloak, even battle cloak, is a totally new thing though
I was thinking, maybe of a GW Based build with Torps and mines, build up enough of a charge for Singularity Jump + GW 3 Maybe even a little shield Destruction thrown in for fun.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 601
# 735
05-18-2013, 05:50 AM
I have a question regarding Dispersal Patterns. How does DPA-1 compare to DPB-1 in PVP matches? As fas as I can tell the only difference is how the mines are released, in a wide pattern or in a trail. Does this means DPA-1 can potentially make the mines hit more targets (say with Chronitons for the slow effect) than DPB-1?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 55
# 736 reviewing
05-18-2013, 07:35 AM
Been away from the game due to RL. Excellant thread, I have some serious catching up to do. Thank you folks for these great ideas.
LOVE MANKIND Hahahahahahaha
Really Joined in MAY 2010
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 32
# 737
05-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Hey how's this for the blockade retrofit?

Cmd Tac: TT1,APD1,CRF2,APO3
LtCmd Tac:TT1,CRF1,APO1
Lt Eng: EPTS1, A2SIF1 ( or RSP)
Lt Eng:EPTS1,A2SIF1(or RSP)
Ens Sci:HE1

I'd be using that with my tactical,science and engineering captains.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 158
# 738
05-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Just cracked opened a Wells. Really torn right now due to the sheer number of options available.

TT, APD
EPtE1, RSP1, ES2
EPtS1
HE1, TSS2
PH1, ST2, FBP2, PSW3

Borg Deflector, Borg Engine, Elite Fleet Shield

Temporal Backstep, Neutronium x2
Particle Generators x4
Phaser Relay x 3

Fore: 2x DBB, Chroniton
Rear: 2x Array, Chroniton

I don't have subspace decompiler or countermeasure systems spec'd at the moment because I was running a Sci/Escort before. Definitely needs some fine tuning so opinions are welcomed.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,463
# 739
05-21-2013, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake122svk View Post
I have a question regarding Dispersal Patterns. How does DPA-1 compare to DPB-1 in PVP matches? As fas as I can tell the only difference is how the mines are released, in a wide pattern or in a trail. Does this means DPA-1 can potentially make the mines hit more targets (say with Chronitons for the slow effect) than DPB-1?
Personally, I only use DPA for Chrons. Well, and I'd use it for the Nukara Web Mines. Specifically for the reason you outlined - the potential for their effects, etc, etc, etc.
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 13
# 740
05-21-2013, 09:25 PM
I have a question about dual beam bank, beam overload, and cannon rapid fire.
On my MVAE currently, I have two CRF1, and BO1/BO3, with APO3. Would it be wiser to have BO1/BO2 with CRF1/CRF2, or keep this? I can't directly tell any difference between the two levels of rapid fire, and BO3 is a bit spikier.

Or should I just ditch the beam bank entirely and use torpedoes? Torpedoes are trickier to use, any tips on how to use them? I've been experimenting around lately and can't tell which is better, dual beam bank or torpedo. I can get shields down fairly fast and like the instant attack of the beam overload, but I know torpedoes will take down hull faster :<
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:22 PM.