Captain
Instead of rewarding 800/2000 rep points, give 1600/4000 rep points, so they can get through the rep system twice as fast.

Last edited by ursusmorologus; 05-18-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Captain
# 2
05-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Only if they double the rep rewards for the other factions as well.
Captain
# 3
05-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Sure, when there is a Federation reputation tree, Feddies should get 2x the rep gains on that too. Same for Klingon. Absolutely.
Rihannsu
# 4
05-18-2013, 01:59 PM
I'd actually be kind of on-board with this. Though maybe for other reasons.

Doing the grind doesn't bother me. Having to do so for 50 days or so does.

I'd be onboard to seeing reputation projects that would hold higher costs, so to provide with greater reputation gains. It's doable: just doing the space daily patrols in Tau Dewa gives 60 romulan marks and some gear we can vendor to pruchase the commodities required to complete projects, so, if there was a project that would actually use up those 60 marks I'd be pretty okay with it.

I don't mind the effort to reach it. But with all the hype tied to the Romulans, I'm not interested in languishing for nearly 2 months after having reached max level to get the build I'd like to obtain (which I'd have to pay for).

So, if there could be an account unlock of the likes of "if you've reached Tier 5 in this reputation, you gain access to an extra contribution progress", I'd be happy.
Mhae ir-Virinat t'Rillas, R.R.W Temer
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
05-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Actually considering that they make Remans a account wide unlock with the first captain to achieve tier 5 romulan rep...why not just make the entire system account wide????

WE still have to earn the marks/dilithium for any unlocks, but at least make the overall system account wide (like lobi...hint hint)
Career Officer
# 6
05-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunansa View Post
Actually considering that they make Remans a account wide unlock with the first captain to achieve tier 5 romulan rep...why not just make the entire system account wide????
+1. I've felt like that since the start of the reputation system, really should be account wide.

As far as the OT goes, this is probably the best solution i've seen mentioned. not just a greedy one, this one actually makes sense. Just double rep to help you get there faster.

I'd even be fine if they doubled the requirements so it still costs the same, but you get there in half the time.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Captain
# 7
05-18-2013, 02:05 PM
The proposal is based on role-play of the character. Characters from other factions can keep clicking, its not hard, dont cry about it here. The problem is with the Romulan toons--you're the hero of Romulan Republic and they make you get in the same line as your old enemies. It's just silly. Do you trust me or not? Give 2x the rep gains to link the faction identity.
Career Officer
# 8
05-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunansa View Post

WE still have to earn the marks/dilithium for any unlocks, but at least make the overall system account wide (like lobi...hint hint)
This. The original idea wasn't bad either, but we really need account level reputation unlocks. It will only get worse for players as they add more reputations to the game.
Captain
# 9
05-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
Sure, when there is a Federation reputation tree, Feddies should get 2x the rep gains on that too. Same for Klingon. Absolutely.

Sounds fair to me. Make it so.
Captain
# 10
05-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
we really need account level reputation unlocks
No actually we do not need non-combat alts to be running around in Mk XII rep gear.

This proposal is about increasing faction identity, that's all