Career Officer
# 11
05-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
No actually we do not need non-combat alts to be running around in Mk XII rep gear.

This proposal is about increasing faction identity, that's all
We obviously won't agree on this so I won't waste time arguing over it. I did already say I liked your original idea though.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
05-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Question why should Romulan player need a reputation system for their own faction while the other two faction Federation the KDF don't have a reputation system for their faction. But get their high end stuff from their faction.
"You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
Captain
# 13
05-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
No actually we do not need non-combat alts to be running around in Mk XII rep gear.
Bwah?

Non-combat alts?

How does a character advance in this game avoiding combat? Is there a feature I'm missing?
Captain
# 14
05-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alikain View Post
Question why should Romulan player need a reputation system for their own faction while the other two faction Federation the KDF don't have a reputation system for their faction. But get their high end stuff from their faction.
I dont know, the whole thing is wonky to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
Bwah?

Non-combat alts?

How does a character advance in this game avoiding combat? Is there a feature I'm missing?
To answer your question, exploration missions will take you all the way to VA. But that's not what happens, rather people make alts to grind dilithium
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
05-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Speaking on behalf of my Own Romulans (currently in tribble test limbo)
We don't trust ourselves and D'tan DEFINATELY should not trust us as we are both planing on setting him on fire
Career Officer
# 16
05-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Quote:

This proposal is about increasing faction identity, that's all
So let me get this straight.

You're willing to give the Romulan's an unequal advantage in the Romulan rep system, because of the storyline (which I agree with)

But you're against having an account wide unlock, which would make it fair to all players, because you don't want non-combat players wondering around in useless (to them since they don't do combat) MK XII stuff, due to asthetics?
Captain
# 17
05-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Reputation is your char's reputation with the faction. It's not the reputation of your dil-grinding alts, its the reputation for the chars that have actually earned sweat equity with the faction, as represented by the faction marks that are awarded.

Now, your Romulan char should have a good reputation with the Romulan Republic already--you earned it during the campaign. But, the reputation gear is so much better than the regular Mk XII gear, it is hard to justify this much of a jump. So, a compromise, is to let them rank up twice as fast: let them get level 1 in a single day instead of two days, let them get level 2 in three days instead of a week.

All the other chars still need to earn it, since they have not proven themselves yet.
Republic Veteran
# 18
05-18-2013, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to a small mark reward for completing Romulan story missions - maybe 5 or so marks per mission. This could be rewarded to allied characters who teamed with Romulans to run missions together, and, perhaps, even for KDF and Federation story missions where the primary foe was an enemy of the Republic - in particular, the Tal'shiar and, when they finally make their appearance, the Iconians.
Career Officer
# 19
05-18-2013, 05:30 PM
The only edge I could see Romulans having with the Romulan rep system is adding some Romulan marks to their episode missions, at least the ones directly linked to supporting New Romulus in any way.
Captain
# 20
05-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
Bwah?

Non-combat alts?

I have a mule toon that never left the acadamy map and got to 50 simply by doffing. (had to do a mission or 2 to get to the level you can doff but really the toon more or less stood in one spot)