Survivor of Romulus
# 21
05-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
No actually we do not need non-combat alts to be running around in Mk XII rep gear.

This proposal is about increasing faction identity, that's all

You gotta be kidding me. M.A.C.O. and Omega type XII means nothing to me. All of my bridge officers are in Adapted Maco (XII),Omega XII, and Standard Maco XII. Both of those armor sets are so common I normally run around in the Starbase uniform. In fact on my main character I use a mix of type 3 armors because the rest are so common. (Type 3 is a unlock once you have all STF missions and bonus done in Elite). Heck I would like to be able to tailor Type 3 armor onto my boffs as well.
Captain
# 22
05-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
The only edge I could see Romulans having with the Romulan rep system is adding some Romulan marks to their episode missions, at least the ones directly linked to supporting New Romulus in any way.
I LIKE THIS

There is a larger topic to this though and its their new "grind" system. Thats what turns most new players off and sends old players packing...like even after you grind thru the levels its grind grind grind for the stuff you can finally buy.

Basically I was "done" with STFs and Nukara and then they created these rep systems. So as far as omega goes it was just clicking the mission everyday but was a waste of time and resources to get back to where I was. I probably wont even bother with the new Nukara. Not wasting my time for 5 marks here, 10 marks here.

It makes it very unappealing to start new toons like if you wanted to try being SCI.

I have literally STOPPED playing the game because of LoR because I know that Im about to have to grind grind grind and just have no motivation to play my current toons.
Captain
# 23
05-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Sure, when there is a Federation reputation tree, Feddies should get 2x the rep gains on that too. Same for Klingon. Absolutely.
Isn't that what the Omega systems are? I mean Omega, MACO and Klingon Honor Guard items are all very faction specific in their flavor.
Captain
# 24
05-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelchenchuan View Post
There is a larger topic to this though and its their new "grind" system. Thats what turns most new players off and sends old players packing...like even after you grind thru the levels its grind grind grind for the stuff you can finally buy.
I have to agree with that one. I certainly haven't seen the supposedly reduced grinding the Rep system was going to result in, though the 100% chance of getting whatever gear you want is nice. Charging dilithium for the Rep Store unlocked items is one part of it, as is the cooldowns... after all, it I wipe out 1000 Borg Cubes in one day I will certainly make a name for myself. Having to also bribe the various factions with stuff from merchant runs is just as silly, since committing xenocide against the Borg or Tholians should really suffice in and of itself.

Really, though, this is all a bit off-topic. As far as the main subject goes, why not have the Romulans get a bonus to Romulan Rep? I agree entirely that this makes sense. At the same time, both the Federation and Klingons should be getting bonuses to Omega Rep since they are among the founders of the Omega Task Force... <SPOILER> and if you played the Episodes you know that your captain was instrumental in its formation.

Last edited by breadandcircuses; 05-18-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Career Officer
# 25
05-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunansa View Post
Actually considering that they make Remans a account wide unlock with the first captain to achieve tier 5 romulan rep...why not just make the entire system account wide????

WE still have to earn the marks/dilithium for any unlocks, but at least make the overall system account wide (like lobi...hint hint)
this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Captain
# 26
05-18-2013, 07:11 PM
The romulan story missions should give a little romulan marks upon completion.... like 50 marks on first time, 25 marks on replays?
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 27
05-18-2013, 10:24 PM
another idea i had was instead of opening it up at 50 for romulan toons open it up as soon as you find new romulus so you can start dumping in and earning marks at lvl 9-ish (depending on subscriber day bonus and other XP bonuses)

not a huge edge as you can lvl to 50 in a day
Career Officer
# 28
05-19-2013, 04:49 AM
Quote:
I dont know, the whole thing is wonky to me

To answer your question, exploration missions will take you all the way to VA. But that's not what happens, rather people make alts to grind dilithium
Okay thanks. Two types of missions I avoid like the plague and completely forgot about because I find them mind-numbingly boring. Seeing them mentioned I'm all Derp! of course.
Career Officer
# 29
05-19-2013, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelchenchuan View Post
I have a mule toon that never left the acadamy map and got to 50 simply by doffing. (had to do a mission or 2 to get to the level you can doff but really the toon more or less stood in one spot)
Ah Doffing another feature I find boring and ignore so I didn't know it could be used for leveling. Many thanks for the info.
Ensign
# 30
05-19-2013, 07:57 AM
I really don't want to grind up marks all over again. Hopefully someone at Cryptic is reading this thread.