Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,521
# 151
05-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cha0s1428 View Post
I don't need a guide on flying low turn ships. I just don't enjoy it, as there are plenty of other cruisers that don't get saddled with that issue.
that console wont fix crap. +2 is not to the base, were it would mater. if the console gave like +10 to turn, then it would be worth something. thats what saucer sep does for the galaxy, a flat +10. not something that effects the base
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 405
# 152
05-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
that console wont fix crap. +2 is not to the base, were it would mater. if the console gave like +10 to turn, then it would be worth something. thats what saucer sep does for the galaxy, a flat +10. not something that effects the base
Oh I know. I didn't mean to imply that it fixed the problem. If it DID add to the base, that would be something as well.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 801
# 153
05-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Personally I would just like the base turn rate increased to 6.5 and the console bonus added to the base which would put it at 8.5 base. That's not by any means a large increase and I wouldn't have a problem if they slightly lowered the turn rate boost while cloaked.

The solution of just cloak whenever you want to turn is just plain ridiculous, but so are some of the other turn rate boosts that people are asking for. It's not a carrier, but it's not a light cruiser either.

I think somewhere along the line people have forgotten what this ship is designed for.

1) Move up to target under cloak

2) Decloak, fire all weapons

3) Circle around tanking broadside while attacking with beams

4) get behind them and shove a torp or two up their exhaust manifold

5) Repeat process until back in front of enemy and then repeat back again. (if they live that long)

This thing isn't a get in, get out, rinse and repeat escort/light cruiser type like people are thinking.

However, the one thing that doesn't make sense is why you can use heals while cloaked, or did they change that already?
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 354
# 154
05-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
its fine in stfs and pve, its NOT fine in pvp
Fine there, too, the metagame just hasn't caught up to it yet.

Just because it has battle cloak doesn't mean it should be flown like a BoP, just because it has DHC's doesn't mean it should be flown like an escort, and just because it has a cruiser's hull and turn rate doesn't mean it should be flown like one of those either.
Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,836
# 155
05-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cha0s1428 View Post
I don't need a guide on flying low turn ships. I just don't enjoy it, as there are plenty of other cruisers that don't get saddled with that issue.
There's a big difference between what you're supposedly complaining about (the ship's turn rate needs to be buffed because it is not an effective ship) and what you just said there.

So you want to turn faster because you don't enjoy turning slow?

That's a whole other enchilada. The ship is fine. You may not enjoy the playstyle of it, but it's an effective ship.

If you want to turn faster, you should probably fly a JHAS anyways. It turns really fast.
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 405
# 156
05-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
There's a big difference between what you're supposedly complaining about (the ship's turn rate needs to be buffed because it is not an effective ship) and what you just said there.

So you want to turn faster because you don't enjoy turning slow?

That's a whole other enchilada. The ship is fine. You may not enjoy the playstyle of it, but it's an effective ship.

If you want to turn faster, you should probably fly a JHAS anyways. It turns really fast.
You're hyperbole is not amusing anymore mate.

Your ignorance is truly astounding, or you are just a veteran troll. Either way, you still do not understand anything that I am saying.

The ship is not a carrier, yet it has carrier turn rate. It has the boff layout of a battle cruiser, but it doesn't have the turn to be as effective as other battle cruisers.

YOU MAY think it is fine, and a handful of other people do as well. That is fine. Just understand that other people will be able to employ other ships that do everything that the D'd can do, only better.

Last time I checked, JHAS isn't a cruiser. I assumed you were aware of the general theme being about cruisers, specifically the D'd, but AGAIN, your ignorance is mind boggling.

Adding +2 to the base of the D'd would give it 7.5. How, in any way shape or form what so ever, does that equate to asking for a 20 base?
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,836
# 157
05-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cha0s1428 View Post
You're hyperbole is not amusing anymore mate.

Your ignorance is truly astounding, or you are just a veteran troll. Either way, you still do not understand anything that I am saying.
How many more insults can you jam pack into one post? Yet none of it changes the facts.

Fact: You don't enjoy turning slow.
Fact: You don't enjoy the D'Deridex because it turns slow.

That has nothing to do with the ship's effectiveness. Just your own enjoyment of it.

Many testers have told you in this very thread that the ship is effective.

I get it. You don't enjoy it. But that isn't a strong enough reason to change the ship. As those same testers have told you, to get the upped turn rate, it will lose other things in a tradeoff. Most likely get a BOFF setup that you won't enjoy.

At this point just count your losses and fly something else.

Quote:
Last time I checked, JHAS isn't a cruiser.
The JHAS has enough engineering capability that it doesn't really matter. It's the best ship in the game for what you find enjoyable. Not my fault that you act like a medieval monk and flagellate yourself by flying something you thoroughly dislike when you can easily switch to something that does everything you want to do in a fun, easy, enjoyable manner.
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 405
# 158
05-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
How many more insults can you jam pack into one post? Yet none of it changes the facts.

Fact: You don't enjoy turning slow.
Fact: You don't enjoy the D'Deridex because it turns slow.

That has nothing to do with the ship's effectiveness. Just your own enjoyment of it.

Many testers have told you in this very thread that the ship is effective.

I get it. You don't enjoy it. But that isn't a strong enough reason to change the ship. As those same testers have told you, to get the upped turn rate, it will lose other things in a tradeoff. Most likely get a BOFF setup that you won't enjoy.

At this point just count your losses and fly something else.



The JHAS has enough engineering capability that it doesn't really matter. It's the best ship in the game for what you find enjoyable. Not my fault that you act like a medieval monk and flagellate yourself by flying something you thoroughly dislike when you can easily switch to something that does everything you want to do in a fun, easy, enjoyable manner.
There are no losses to cut. I will not be buying the ship, or flying the ship, or have anything to do with the ship. I didn't start this thread, so this is not my crusade. I am just restating that many people are unhappy with the turn rate of this ship, and they should be.

There is no reason whatsoever to give the ship a 5.5 to begin with. BC and singularity powers apparently have no bearing on the balance of the other romulan ships turn or boff layout, so why is it that the Romulan cruisers are the ones that have to have an extra penalty? THAT has been the entire point I have been trying to make, but you seem stuck on the fact that I don't like the turn because I need to LtP.

Yes, I don't like the turn. Yes I feel it is too slow to be able to use DHCs effectively. There are some PvErs and a PvPer here and there who disagree and that is fine. The claim to have a bag of tricks to make low turn rates effective. You can make low turn rate decent, but all of those tricks can be used on cruisers with better turn already to make them even more effective.

Fact is, those many testers you speak of are PvErs, and well, yeah, everything is effective in pve. You can do an ESTF in an NX...or a shuttle.

I have my other ships. I have my other cruisers. They have good turn rates for cruisers now with the RCS changes.

Again, I have no loses to count. I just won't buy the ship, or play Romulan as they only offer 2 cruisers right now, both with the same crap turn.

Just don't be surprised in 6 months when you don't see many of these things flying around because they've all been mothballed.
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,836
# 159
05-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cha0s1428 View Post
There is no reason whatsoever to give the ship a 5.5 to begin with.
Well besides the fact that all the Romulan Battlecruisers currently have 5 or 5.5 turn rates? The Ha'Apax, Haakona and the D'Deridex. Or just the whole flavor that all the Romulan ships turn slower than their Klignon and Federation foils? As if that's an intentional part of their flavor?

Nah, couldn't be that.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,040
# 160
05-18-2013, 08:51 PM
the D'D is the Romulan equivalent of a Heavy Cruiser. Heavy Cruisers are SLOW..... Them and carriers are the slowest turning ships in the game. Obviously you dislike that.... well, use a different ship.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:13 PM.