Survivor of Romulus
# 11
05-19-2013, 02:29 AM
Please make this so, I always wished the damage effects stayed on your ship even after healing even if it was just for a short while instead of instantly disappearing. Would be nothing more awesome to come back from doing Hive Onslaught Elite with all our ships shot to pieces crawling back to our fleet starbase for repairs.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Career Officer
# 12
05-19-2013, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufpterrell View Post
Please make this so, I always wished the damage effects.
I agree plz make it so
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
05-19-2013, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warddddy View Post
I like this idea - a simple solution which the devs could implement in 10 mins would be to simply slow the fading of the damage textures by 100x. So even though you're 100%, the scorch marks are there for the remainder of the mission.
heck...even if THIS was implemented i would be happy...imagine going out of battle into sector space with heavy damage...hell, one time after i got DC'ed while in a battle, i came back on, was in sector space with a damaged tuffli, as if it was on its last 5% hull..with the option to respawn lol (i was trying to rack up injuries on it on purpose to see how many i could get....unfortunately i could only get about 3-4 lol)

with an on/off feature ofc...like it is on the ground with armour, weapons and kits (fed side at least..and weapons for kdf)

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
# 14
05-19-2013, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
But, but, but that's how Voyager handled it. It's canon.
This is the best reply this subject is going to get.
Rihannsu
# 15
05-19-2013, 11:02 AM
I'd love to see something like this, but, I think the problem is that Cryptic's ships are handled by 'decals' as opposed to having the models themselves changed. The best we could get would be something along the lines of different explosions and visible ship injuries. Doing something like slicing off a nacelle or causing severe damage to a single part of the ship based around where you're hit by a energy beam or a torpedo is beyond the capabilities of the engine as far as I've noticed. Plus there would have to be enough interest in this for Cryptic to spend time on it, which, I don't think they will.
Lieutenant
# 16
05-19-2013, 11:06 AM
This would be good, but like only if crits make marks or your ship will just turn black after a while. Maybe even a 1 in 15 chance for a crit to make a mark...
'A few deaths are a tragedy. A few million is a statistic.'
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-19-2013, 11:09 AM
you can't have your cake and eat it to..

if they went this direction then you would have severe if not crippling effects to your ship until you could make it back to earth space dock for repairs.

that would be really really annoying. and would increase grind in cryptics favor exponentially

but since we're on this topic. they should also have it where your warp drive can be disabled to the point where you have to go on doff missions to get it fixed which take 4 days real time before you can go any faster than warp 1.

i mean since we're going all simulator mode for this discussion.
Rihannsu
# 18
05-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keysmachine View Post
you can't have your cake and eat it to..

if they went this direction then you would have severe if not crippling effects to your ship until you could make it back to earth space dock for repairs.

that would be really really annoying. and would increase grind in cryptics favor exponentially

but since we're on this topic. they should also have it where your warp drive can be disabled to the point where you have to go on doff missions to get it fixed which take 4 days real time before you can go any faster than warp 1.

i mean since we're going all simulator mode for this discussion.
No one said make it a simulator, or even make it realistic dmg. And if its a choice in options to turn it on/off like elite mode i dont see why anyone would object, they dont like it dont use it simple as that.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
05-19-2013, 09:51 PM
I would like a hull breach added to this too.

Plus , in TWOK the Enterprise can warp fine ... anyway ... even with a damaged side.

And Voyager did not do the work in a few seconds to repaint and stuff ... over time :O
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...

Last edited by jumpingjs; 05-19-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Career Officer
# 20
05-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Too bad that won't make them more money so it'll never happen.. unless they sell this "feature" for zen...