Lieutenant
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 67
# 21
05-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
OP has a point. Engi has no role whatsoever in pvp. Not sure why some of us seem to be ok with that.

As far as 1v1s go... ya lets all be honest with the current game we have the chances of an engi winning a 1v1 are going to be very low. If they do get kills its going to be with builds very very high on the gimick factor.
Unless the other side has very very high builds as well..

There is no excuse that's why the only solution is for Cryptic to give engies an edge. I don't care if they favour tac and star wars style of gameplay. They don't give money to themselves, players do. Otherwise they could make a game for themselves and play it instead of earning cash.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 677
# 22
05-19-2013, 01:19 PM
An equal Engi vs an equal Tac (Aka fighting yourself in a different class) imo the tac will win assuming he has enough spike.

The Engi would never be able to kill him.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 96
# 23
05-19-2013, 01:20 PM
My Engi far out heals any sci in a long drawn out pvp match...but thats it, I can buff my main Tac with EPS transfer for his APA, or i can use it myself with Nadeon inversion and use FAW.....

But that's my Engi's only role - he sits in his recluse tanks everything and heals the team, making miracle work and nadeon inversion throwable to other teammates would be an interesting thought....(Though a tac with EPS Transfer / Nadeon inversion / APA / GDF / BO, will make for some pretty nice one shots xD and probably be OP).

So as far as I am concerned, my eng can fill a role in a PvP Team and does some impressive heals (Consistently in the 3 mill mark).

But as a sci can do nearly as much and has the Sub nuke and other abilities there....Sci Caps essentially make Engi Caps redundant.

Lag Industries Head of Department - Fleet Project Management
PvP Boot Camp Coach
STO - Will PvP For Food - Official OPVP Channel <-Click Me
/channel_join OrganizedPvP
Lieutenant
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 67
# 24
05-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
An equal Engi vs an equal Tac (Aka fighting yourself in a different class) imo the tac will win assuming he has enough spike.

The Engi would never be able to kill him.
Exactly my point..
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,068
# 25
05-19-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
As far as 1v1s go... ya lets all be honest with the current game we have the chances of an engi winning a 1v1 are going to be very low. If they do get kills its going to be with builds very very high on the gimick factor.
What's the gimmick factor of this build?

Chel Grett w/ Alien Eng Captain

Traits - Accurate, Efficient Captain, Elusive, Warp Theorist

Reputation
New Rom - Precision, Sensor Targeting Assault, QSM
Omega - Omega Weapon Training, Omega Graviton Amplifier

TT1, BO2, APO1, APO3
TS1, THY2

EPtS1, AtS1
EPtW1

ST1, HE2, TSS3

DOFFs - CONN(TT), SDO(BFI), 3x DCE(EPtX)

Deflector - MACO Mk XII
Impulse - Aegis
Shields - MACO Mk XII

Weapons
Fore - Omega Torp, Experimental Array, 2x Romulan Array Mk XII [Acc]x2
Aft - Hyper-Plasma Torp, Cutting Beam, 2x Romulan Array Mk XII [Acc]x2

Consoles
Tac - 4x Plasma Infuser Mk XI
Eng - Borg, EPM, Neut Mk XI
Sci - 0Point, Tachyo, FG Mk XI

Devices - SFM, Eng Batt, Aux Batt
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Lieutenant
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 67
# 26
05-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
What's the gimmick factor of this build?

Chel Grett w/ Alien Eng Captain

Traits - Accurate, Efficient Captain, Elusive, Warp Theorist

Reputation
New Rom - Precision, Sensor Targeting Assault, QSM
Omega - Omega Weapon Training, Omega Graviton Amplifier

TT1, BO2, APO1, APO3
TS1, THY2

EPtS1, AtS1
EPtW1

ST1, HE2, TSS3

DOFFs - CONN(TT), SDO(BFI), 3x DCE(EPtX)

Deflector - MACO Mk XII
Impulse - Aegis
Shields - MACO Mk XII

Weapons
Fore - Omega Torp, Experimental Array, 2x Romulan Array Mk XII [Acc]x2
Aft - Hyper-Plasma Torp, Cutting Beam, 2x Romulan Array Mk XII [Acc]x2

Consoles
Tac - 4x Plasma Infuser Mk XI
Eng - Borg, EPM, Neut Mk XI
Sci - 0Point, Tachyo, FG Mk XI

Devices - SFM, Eng Batt, Aux Batt
90% of cruisers use plasma. Imagine why..
Lieutenant
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 67
# 27
05-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Question is, will Cryptic buff engies in this new update or not?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,068
# 28
05-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dam999 View Post
90% of cruisers use plasma. Imagine why..
The Chel Grett's an Escort.

The majority of people avoid Plasma like the plague (oddly enough, the name of the toon flying that particular ship is Plague) because of STF shield Plasma resists.

A reason I could see a Cruiser using Plasma in PvE is because it's easier to hold aggro with Plasma in a PvE environment...
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Lieutenant
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 67
# 29
05-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
The Chel Grett's an Escort.
The Breen Chel Grett Warship is an Admiral (Tier 5) starship with features comparable to Klingon Battle Cruisers. This ship is available to both Federation and KDF players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
The majority of people avoid Plasma like the plague (oddly enough, the name of the toon flying that particular ship is Plague) because of STF shield Plasma resists.

A reason I could see a Cruiser using Plasma in PvE is because it's easier to hold aggro with Plasma in a PvE environment...
Sure.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,035
# 30
05-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Where is the gimmick factor... oh I don't know the plasma infusers. lol
That one is corrected come tommorow anyway... not that the omega torp burns where really hurting anyone that much anyway.

You can't honestly argue that a Engi Scort is really on par with Tac or Sci scorts. They just aren't.
/channel_join Tyler Durden
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 AM.