Captain
# 31
05-19-2013, 01:42 PM
LTS IF it's on sale I would say might be worth it if you plan to play for another year or two even if it's off and on. Also something that isn't mentioned is you also get access to a free android bridge officer who is hard as nails and hit's just as hard. They even let you have it in any career and gender you want too!

Here's the link to it: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Starfleet_A...icer_Candidate

The bonuses of LTS are very nice but it's not as huge as you may think, while the 1000 day ship is a good ship it's equivalent to a Rear Admiral ship so you will find many ships that outclass it for a fairly cheap price. The things that you will enjoy and notice more are extra boff slots, extra ship slots, free respec tokens and extra space in general but it's cheaper to buy them from the C-Store separately unless you have or plan to have a lot of characters.

As for the Legacy pack, easiest way to decide if you should buy it is by thinking, do I want all the consoles on the leveling up ships? I mean some are nice but I personally would only use 1 of them and you won't be spending much time in ships of lower rank unless you once again plan multiple romulans. Would you be using all the retrofit ships? If not then the Legacy pack is most likely not for you as it would be cheaper to buy them from the C-Store as ships are account wide.
Career Officer
# 32
05-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Well, finally took the plunge and brought mine. Was tempted by the Legacy pack, but the long-term benefits of the Lifetime Subscription made it, in my opinion, a better purchase.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 33
05-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
LTS IF it's on sale I would say might be worth it if you plan to play for another year or two even if it's off and on. Also something that isn't mentioned is you also get access to a free android bridge officer who is hard as nails and hit's just as hard. They even let you have it in any career and gender you want too!
Which we only have thanks to some kicking and screaming and biting and nailing and basically forcing Cryptic to live up to their word :p
----
Captain
# 34
05-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
Which we only have thanks to some kicking and screaming and biting and nailing and basically forcing Cryptic to live up to their word :p
Wow, that is one massive thread. I had the android when it was only engineering officer and as soon as I saw it on the patch notes for that day they all got traded in for the career of my captain. Now if only we could convince them to allow the same with the assimilated borg boff from the c-store....
Captain
# 35
05-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
Keep in mind that Cryptic never gave their word. The android was only designed to be an Engineer - like Data. It was Jessie who said he'd create additional Tac and Sci versions. It was his side-project - something he'd do in his spare time. It was never a Crytpic-assigned project.

The android was like the Venture skin for the Galaxy X and Nebula. Those were Logan's side-projects, and he left the company before ever finishing the Nebula version.

As was explained in that thread, many Devs have side-projects they do on their own time - without pay - that eventually get into the game. The entire Captain's Table was one such project.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 36
05-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The android was like the Venture skin for the Galaxy X and Nebula. Those were Logan's side-projects, and he left the company before ever finishing the Nebula version.
FUUUUUUU-

I'd love to see that finished, because the Magellan is one ugly mutha.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Captain
# 37
05-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngazman View Post
FUUUUUUU-

I'd love to see that finished, because the Magellan is one ugly mutha.
I'm hoping once LoR is out - and the 40 new ships are done - that maybe one of the new ship artists will go back and take up the side-project. I think a lot of us would love to have a Venture skin for the Neb. I'd even be willing to pay for it.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 38
05-19-2013, 09:08 PM
My LTS has paid for itself...HOWEVER...if you get mad at PWE/Cryptic you CANNOT rage quit and threaten to cancel your subscription, they already have your money...you can only complain and threaten not to spend any money in the Z store...
"Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
1000 day vet and LTS
STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010