Survivor of Romulus
The developers should change the Reputation system to be account bound. This is officially a player submitted request to have the Reputation system redesigned to work on an account based system. Players should be allowed (At the very least) to purchase gear from the reputation store (Bind on Equip, Bound to Account.) The reputation system powers could be another matter. Perhaps Reputation across factions would still remain separate, but grinding out the reputation more than once or twice is absolutely ridiculous.

The reputation grind is probably the worst addition to this game and is an insult to the Star Trek community. If we don't act on this, the game developers will take it as far as they want.

We want content not grinding.

Last edited by neurodopamine; 05-19-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
05-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Id much rather see the level grind account bound and you need to on each character unlock the store and items. Even having it faction based for the leveling would be better than what it is now. So you only need to grind three times, 1 Fed, 1 KDF and 1 Romulan. Better than running 9 characters through.

Most of us made these characters before this excessive grind came in and it's pretty unfair for us when we're expected to either delete characters we've put a lot of work into or to grind each character up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
05-19-2013, 04:00 PM
That would be a good example of a solution. Unfortunately, the Devs know that most players will either suck it up and do the grind or not complain enough to actually change anything.
Career Officer
# 4
05-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Id much rather see the level grind account bound and you need to on each character unlock the store and items. Even having it faction based for the leveling would be better than what it is now. So you only need to grind three times, 1 Fed, 1 KDF and 1 Romulan. Better than running 9 characters through.

Most of us made these characters before this excessive grind came in and it's pretty unfair for us when we're expected to either delete characters we've put a lot of work into or to grind each character up.
I'd prefer this approach myself. I completely agree though that the reputation system needs to have account level benefits. It's only going to get worse for players every time Cryptic releases an new reputation for players to grind through.
Rihannsu
# 5
05-19-2013, 04:01 PM
I hate this too. It really makes having an alt way too difficult. If not the powers, I would like if the store/project items could be account bound at least. That's a great idea.
Captain
# 6
05-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Account-wide Reputation?

"Sure, this character's fresh out of the tutorial and flying his very first starship - but he's built up this tremendous reputation with the Romulans based on the actions of this other guy he's totally unrelated to!"

Huh?
-------------------------------------------

"You're as crazy as the people on Twitter!" - Samuel L. Jackson
Captain
# 7
05-19-2013, 04:16 PM
If Rep isn't ever going to be account-wide then at least give us an options similar to WoW's where you gain some account-wide Rep XP every time a character gains some. So maybe 10% of all earned Rep XP goes to each character on the account. That would help cut down on some of the grinding for people who have multiple characters.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
05-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Account-wide Reputation?

"Sure, this character's fresh out of the tutorial and flying his very first starship - but he's built up this tremendous reputation with the Romulans based on the actions of this other guy he's totally unrelated to!"

Huh?
I agree that it is immersion breaking, but the character does not gain access to the reputstion system until level 50, so a level 1 character would not see it unlocked. The total amount of resources required for more than 2 characters is massive and the grind is insulting to the player base.
Captain
# 9
05-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Account-wide Reputation?

Huh?
What's the difference since you can't utilize the Rep system until your level 50?

A character fresh out of the Academy can get starter packs full of ships, gear, special boffs, etc. Every time I make a new character I'm deciding which of 5 T1 ships I want the character to use, I'm claiming Borg, Photonic, and Android Boffs, I'm opening special shields, weapons, and other gear boxes, I'm pulling ECs out of my Account back, etc. I don't see how having some Rep is any different.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
05-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurodopamine View Post
That would be a good example of a solution. Unfortunately, the Devs know that most players will either suck it up and do the grind or not complain enough to actually change anything.
Well, I'm complaining dammit.

Things were going great, STF-wise...then the Season 7 Rep system happened.
They could have left the STF stuff alone, seeing how (supposedly) so many players loathed doing them to get the Borg/KHG/MACO/Omega sets.
But noooooooo...we all get stuck with the Rep system.
So after the shock wore off, months later, I decide to go ahead and tackle the Rep because much like herpes and justin bieber this thing isn't going away.

Then, like being kicked in the groin by the girl you pissed off then challenged to a fight you ultimately lose, I find out that you have to do this same damn thing for ALL the characters I enjoy playing.

So am I doing that?
Hell no.
1-2 max...and it's starting to get real boring real fast.
I think I actually play less, now.

CRYPTIC, MAKE THE REP SYSTEM UNLOCKS ACCOUNT WIDE.
OR BETTER YET GIVE US OUR PRE-SEASON 7 STF SYSTEM BACK.

This mad smiley is for letting this "Rep" insanity continue ---> <---
I do NOT want to use ARC to play STO

"Far as I see it, you people been given the shortest end of the stick ever been offered a human soul in this crap-heel 'verse. But you took that end, and you - well, you took it. And that's - Well, I guess that's somethin'." - Some Random Guy's Epic Quote