Career Officer
# 41
05-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post

Thing is, I don't really care about the reward. And didn't test this stuff to get a reward.

Why did you?

to leave my mark on the world, to be able to go onto holodeck, head held up high, getting to something i pointed out before everyone else, or contributed info that lead to the inevitable fix, and say "i made sure this stayed fixed"
Career Officer
# 42
05-18-2013, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Thing is, I don't really care about the reward. And didn't test this stuff to get a reward.

Why did you?
Personally, when I got my beta invite I only wanted to see if LoR content would inspire me enough to buy the Legacy Pack, and it did. I stuck around after that to report what bugs I could find because I felt I had an obligation to repay the devs for allowing me that sneak peak.

Otherwise I would have stayed off of tribble because I find that getting sneak peaks at new content takes away from the awe factor when stuff finally goes live.
Career Officer
# 43
05-19-2013, 12:08 AM
What is up with all the lazy players requesting to be allowed to transfer a Tribble server character over to Holodeck?

This will never happen for a simple reason: item duplication.

Theoretical: You can copy a character from Holodeck to Tribble and mail items to yourself. Then delete the character and repeat until you have a Tribble character chock full of lockbox ships in their inventory and bank. Then transfer the character to Holodeck and make a hefty profit.

No. Never gonna happen so stop asking.

"I love the new content so much......Oh by the way, can I copy my toon to Holodeck cause I don't want to start all over". Sheesh. If you people like the content so much then it shouldn't be a problem to start a new character when LoR launches.
Every time Arc is downloaded, a poodle spontaneously combusts. Please support the cause and download Arc today.
Career Officer
# 44
05-19-2013, 12:12 AM
We know it will most likely be a tribble that gives nukara marks but how about letting us equip these special tribbles on our away team?

even if you played ground missions with your away team for 24hrs straight thats still only 24 marks, personally i would love it if the special tribbles gave out 5-10 marks per hour then it actually feels like your getting a reward then.

BTW - loved the combat epohh that poops marks idea lol or maybe that eriachi face hugger as a combat pet
Captain
# 45
05-19-2013, 03:05 AM
I would like a unique epohh pet that can not be traded in for marks.

Of course most likely it will be a tribble that poops nukara marks, but still.
Captain
# 46
05-19-2013, 03:32 AM
The idea of making boffs capable of using the unique Tribbles is a good one; during the Test Weekend for Season 7 another person suggested something along the lines of a Tribble Terrarium to store the darn things in. A Tribble Bank would be nice as well, and likely easier to design given current in-game systems. Any one of those would be great, but yeah... we're probably getting a Crystalline Tribble that defecates Nukara Marks.

As far as copying the character from Tribble to Holodeck, I suspect the coding and exploit issues kill any consideration of that possibility. Not a bad thought, but I definitely see less well intentioned individuals making that go terribly wrong.
Rihannsu
# 47
05-19-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm quite contented that I was able to play, and give any relevant feedback I thought was appropriate, to help the game I enjoy playing, and the faction i intend to play as a Main.

However, chuck me an "It's a Faaaaake" Emote, and I'd be a seriously happy panda.
- Into the jaws of hell.
Career Officer
# 48
05-19-2013, 05:30 PM
And here's the devs final word on this subject.

Quote:
Today, 03:58 PM
What happens on Tribble, stays on Tribble. It will always be that way

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Tribble to Holodeck?

You'll notice that pweBranflakes closed that thread after posting his response thus ending any further whining and begging in response to his refusal.
Commander
# 49 Terrible idea
05-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Sorry TC, that seems like a terrible idea as it favors players who had the time to play the beta over new player it is supposed to draw in with the expansion. What they need to do is offer the people who played the beta the ability to buy the Veteran Bridge Officers that are on Q-Nos and Earth Spacedock. I really don't like the fact those BOFF's are listed like a teaser, and they are not obtainable.