Lieutenant
# 731
05-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Various things I noticed on my Romulan character:
  • Red alert warnings are still voiced by the Federation computer voice (ala Majel Barrett), as opposed to something Romulan. I nominate the voice for Subcommander Mivek (the lady who you gives you Romulan mark missions in the Tau Dewa sector block I think) to do the VO for a true Romulan faction red alert system. She's very stern and official sounding.
  • While in Federation space, when switching sector blocks, my Romulan BOffs are displayed with the Federation bridge background. Haven't tried Klingon space yet, but I imagine that a similar effect occurs there.
  • I changed the costumes on some of my BOffs to give them Romulan Republic uniforms, but going to the character select screen, my captain was flanked by a bunch of Hiven clones, instead of my full BOff set. It stayed that way with multiple relogs and when I restarted the game later on. Clearing my away team set, relogging, and putting them back again seemed to fix it, but it was weird seeing clones.
  • [FED allegiance] Default NPC non-away team BOffs contacts are now random FED BOffs, as opposed to Rom characters as before. (I don't have any FED BOffs on this ROM character.)
Captain
# 732
05-20-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylermaxwell View Post
Various things I noticed on my Romulan character:
  • Red alert warnings are still voiced by the Federation computer voice (ala Majel Barrett), as opposed to something Romulan. I nominate the voice for Subcommander Mivek (the lady who you gives you Romulan mark missions in the Tau Dewa sector block I think) to do the VO for a true
Seconded. I love hearing her, Jolan Tru. She sounds like a Boss
The lovely Lani Minella.
She should be the Fleet Admiral/Commander? for the Republic fleet. Which would be hilarious as she also voices Admiral T'Nae. But she does sound extremely official.

And on my transferred holodeck character, my ship still appears as my First Officer's legs. Now I like my first officers legs, they are great and the Seven of Nine boots are wonderful on her, but her legs won't carry me to the next star system. She's a Vulcan not a warp drive. It's an even weirder glitch because my native holodeck science officer is perfectly fine and her ship sits gloriously in the distance.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Captain
# 733
05-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Has anyone mentioned the annoying heads in the costumes editor today?
Ensign
# 734
05-23-2013, 09:49 PM
"Personally, I find the UI to not be to my tastes, it looks a little too basic at this point, the colours look a little too simple and the popups are larger and seem to be more in the way than the current UI.

The login with character select is nice with the ship in the background and I also like the rotation of both character and ship in game, these two things are nice."

I agree with this completely, id very much like to have the old one back, even with the colour scheme changes I just really dislike everything else about it.