Career Officer
# 201
05-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmmamirabeau View Post
No Rator III is not the new homeworld New Romulus is the new homeworld the Dewa III planet.
they are talking about before the hole NR story
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Career Officer
# 202
05-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelchenchuan View Post
Im sorry no. None of what you said is the least bit correct. Aside from it being the seat of the Romulan Star Empire which it is. We are the Romulan Star Empire so ergo its the homeworld.
I say we rename it Romulus 3
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Captain
# 203
05-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Cryptic clearly aren't going to move away from the Romulans Republic, having put so much effort into it. What I think would be a nice idea though, would be to put a Romulans only social hub on Rator III, with all the facilities of New Romulus Command, except the story mission contacts. That way, players who want to represent the Empire have a home base for themselves, without having to deal with D'tan outside the story missions. Heck, copy/paste New Romulus Command to Rator and I'd be happy.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Captain
# 204
05-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
Cryptic clearly aren't going to move away from the Romulans Republic, having put so much effort into it. What I think would be a nice idea though, would be to put a Romulans only social hub on Rator III, with all the facilities of New Romulus Command, except the story mission contacts. That way, players who want to represent the Empire have a home base for themselves, without having to deal with D'tan outside the story missions. Heck, copy/paste New Romulus Command to Rator and I'd be happy.
ive wanted to suggest something similar...

but they would have to get rid of the scarf wearers and replace them with actual Romulans.
Ensign
# 205
05-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
more grey than the Romulan Republic, at any rate. These fellows are nicer than either the Klingons or the Federation, wheras on the shows they were usually much worse. It's liek bizarro land here on STO, with the Romulans being some of the nicest people around.
Heck, I'm not. I'm letting my inner Mal Reynolds shine. Doing the right thing for the wrong reasons, the wrong thing for the right reasons, and generally being way too hard on myself. If only I could kick someone into my singularity core just to make a point.

I see the Republic as having the right idea, but they've made some shady alliances to do get what they want.
Rihannsu
# 206
05-16-2013, 08:42 PM
And the player gets to more-or-less act as an assassin in a few stories.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 207
05-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwraith01 View Post
I see the Republic as having the right idea, but they've made some shady alliances to do get what they want.
Because they got it backyard.

D'tan would work on the wake of Sela disaperance and the Tal'shiar being pretty much gone would getting support by Romulans that are sick and tired of the unrest that come to the Romulans ever since Shizor, they have every right to be annoyed by wannabe dictators that, well put their personal interests ahead of the well being of the Romulan Star Empire.

Except we got the Romulan Republic that is now a splinter of the Romulan Star Empire, its a nation and so instead of seeking to represent all Romulans and Remans they end up looking like ... Manchukuo.

Cryptic instead of focusing on the creation of the legitimacy of D'tan group ... ignore it and focused on Tovan's story instead of the Romulan Republic so what we got?

A disjointed mess because ... were does D'tan stands on the Romulan Star Empire (not Republic)? never addressed. How did Obisek and D'tan meet and decided to ally with each other? never addressed.

Worst, since Cryptic never bothered with making a actual Alliance of Klingon/Federation/Romulans we instead have Featured episodes were Romulans are nothing but serving the Federation or Klingon Interests ... kinda hard to be Neutral when "Skirmish" makes you destroy your allies ships depending on who you "allied" with it, how about stealing a Federation ship so you can turn it for the KDF to use in "Rapier"?

The Featured Episodes show exactly what the so called Romulan Faction ends up being ... Fed or KDF because they never bothered with actually making then Romulan missions, Skirmish is the least offender and the so called "Freedom" act is the very worst one and they even try to pass that one as a Romulan Mission arc instead of what it is, Featured Episodes that DO NOT MAKE SENSE FOR ROMULAN CHARACTERS!

Funny how THAT arc doesnt have a sticky with then asking for feedback, considering how I appear the only with a problem with that arc I wonder if anyone else played then or I am alone with this ... regardless, its going to Holodeck as it is.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Rihannsu
# 208
05-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgtx View Post
you don't like it then don't play problem solved
That's the point that I got to with them...
Ensign
# 209
06-02-2013, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
For the horde!

yes that may be the case that they want to make the tal shiar like the bad guy but when you play as a fed they make the kdf look bad but you can still join the kdf
Ensign
# 210
06-02-2013, 02:29 PM
So new poster. I just checked out the Legacy of Romulus expansion and hate it more then ive hated a video game in a long long time. I DID NOT create a romulan character so I could shoot romulans. I created a Romulan character so I could shoot star fleet. The entire concept of the Romulan Republic is ridiculous and goes against everything in established star trek canon that tells us what Romulans act like. I DO NOT want to fight the tal shiar. I want to JOIN them. Thats what I thought I was getting with the expansion. Instead I get a federation human character iwth pointy ears trying to re-found the federation with romulans. Boring boring boring boring. This expansion is such a terrible waste of a good concept.