Captain
# 271
05-18-2013, 03:05 AM
Help!

I tried to reinstall STO and now I get a white screen on the launcher.
What should I do?
I tried to replace the Star Trek Online.exe file with the forum, no effect.
Career Officer
# 272
05-18-2013, 09:57 AM
If your getting stuck with a white screen after a fresh install, this is what I'd try...

follow the directions about upgrading your wrapper, using a clean new copy of the wrapper, moving over the installed folder to the new wrapper. SOmething during the install could have broken it.
Captain
# 273
05-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdoh123 View Post
If your getting stuck with a white screen after a fresh install, this is what I'd try...

follow the directions about upgrading your wrapper, using a clean new copy of the wrapper, moving over the installed folder to the new wrapper. SOmething during the install could have broken it.
I get a black page.. I downloaded the whole thing. Closed it and now I don't get the launcher.
Ensign
# 274
05-19-2013, 09:32 PM
It was working fine till the last update then stopped when I got back from school and never worked again
Lt. Commander
# 275
05-20-2013, 01:51 AM
i had a problem too, when i first installed it in the wrapper. i reinstalled it for about 5x, and then it turned out, i had to change smth in the screen options. but i had a black screen in the start. launcher worked for me. not sure if this helps you... hm... i have always a backup of STO on a hard drive. one that workes. just copied the hole thing. and if smth breaks, then i us that one and update from there... sorry, im not really much of a help.
Captain
# 276
05-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I don't think DX11 is technically out of beta on May 21. We have reprocessed all of the ship models, which should fix the 'black texture' issue at least. (note, the "black texture" issue isn't actually a texture issue, it was a model error.)

Which should you play in? Whichever you want. If you find you get a better framerate in DX11 (as many with better cards should) go for it. If you find something in DX11 you don't like, or can't live with, then don't (and please let us know what it is.)

OpenGL isn't on the radar to my knowledge.
^This basically means there isn't going to be a native Mac Client Version of STO for another few years is my estimate. Good luck screwing around in Wine, I think I'll stick to Bootcamp. lol
Lt. Commander
# 277
05-21-2013, 02:28 PM
in spite, that they announced they would start working on it in may this year (so... now?)... maybe they dont have enough ppl or dont have the money to pay them... i mean, its a global financial crisis... isnt it?
Ensign
# 278
05-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Okay, I know it seems stupid, but I have absolutely no idea how to use wineskin, or anything like that, I need someone to explain every single step to me I'm stuck where you have to find the setup.exe
Ensign
# 279
05-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Never mind, figured it out, but now, when I log in it just stays on the log in screen, and the game won't launch
Lieutenant
# 280
05-21-2013, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob1997 View Post
Never mind, figured it out, but now, when I log in it just stays on the log in screen, and the game won't launch
Good, now you're in the same bucket as half the players.

Make sure to hit the "options" button as soon as it's available and reduce the settings sdown as much as possible on the visuals. That should help too.