Career Officer
# 781
05-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Of course if you don't like having to pay what you think are unfair taxes feel free to throw your tea in the Thames.
Survivor of Romulus
# 782
05-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by axellightning View Post
Zen is charged in ? and not ? as well, Seems stupid to me but I guess they get more out of it that way...
Huh? Cryptic gets nothing more out of it. Your government decides whether you pay tax or not.

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Starfleet Veteran
# 783
05-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
They're not going to let you pay in dollars if you're not in the US. That way your country can get their VAT tax too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
Of course if you don't like having to pay what you think are unfair taxes feel free to throw your tea in the Thames.

I don't think its tax he is referring to; just that why do people form the UK have to pay in Euro when we don't use Euro. And also the exchange rate is changing all the time. So its not exactly a fixed price we pay for anything that is bought for STO.
Captain
# 784
05-20-2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by axellightning View Post
I don't think its tax he is referring to; just that why do people form the UK have to pay in Euro when we don't use Euro. And also the exchange rate is changing all the time. So its not exactly a fixed price we pay for anything that is bought for STO.
That's an issue for Skrill, as they're the UK-based company demanding it be paid in Euros.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Ensign
# 785
05-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
Last I checked the the UK isn't a part of the United States.
Neither are we apart of the European Single Currency. My currency is the Great British Pound Sterling.

Are you an American by any chance....
Starfleet Veteran
# 786
05-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
That's an issue for Skrill, as they're the UK-based company demanding it be paid in Euros.
That is true.
Rihannsu
# 787
05-20-2013, 11:38 AM
SEEE! Even the real world has too many dang currencies to keep up with!
Starfleet Veteran
# 788
05-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
SEEE! Even the real world has too many dang currencies to keep up with!

We may all end up paying in Energy Credits one day....
Career Officer
# 789
Quote:
All the options that I've used charge in Euro's rather than Sterling, not just Skrill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axellightning
I'm not sure what the actual issue is, the exchange rate doesn't change that much so it's not like the effect is huge and even if it was, the exchange rate between USD and Sterling changes all the time anyway so you'd have the same problem unless they charged in Sterling. Seeing as the population of the E.U. is 7-8 times that of the U.K. I can see why they charge in Euro's rather than Sterling as they'll be getting a lot more E.U customers than U.K.
Concessimus etiam omnibus liberis hominibus regni nostri, et dedit pro nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum, quibus libertates subscriptas, habendas et tenendas eis et heredibus suis de nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum.
Survivor of Romulus
# 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by resolutevoice View Post
Neither are we apart of the European Single Currency. My currency is the Great British Pound Sterling.

Are you an American by any chance....
Last I checked, we (The UK) are part of Europe in all but currency

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Closed Thread