05-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
Last I checked, we (The UK) are part of Europe in all but currency
Would you care to read my post again...
Starfleet Veteran
# 792
That is why Britain isn't known Great Britain anymore. It's Rip Off Britain...the country is a fkin joke! Believe it or not, I buy my films on Amazon US than I do in the UK because I refuse to pay for vat crap.

The only thing I won't be able to buy and get away with VAT is the PS4. I'll be charged with the vat once it's in the UK.

How come films from US don't get charged vat when it comes to the UK to my address from Amazon?

Sorry to be off topic here.
<a href=http://s146.photobucket.com/user/Challenger03/media/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/Challenger03/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg target=_blank>http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...psfcfe716b.jpg</a></a>
Lt. Commander
# 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
Last I checked the the UK isn't a part of the United States.
Sorry to say, but this is BS answer... If you know not to answer, please don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
They're not going to let you pay in dollars if you're not in the US. That way your country can get their VAT tax too.
This is sorry to say also an answer that is worthless to the OP.

Gold subscriptions are charged in:
- US Dollars
- Canadian Dollars
- British Pounds
- EU euro's
- Danish currency

Then why can this player not be charged for the Legacy Pack in British Pounds?
Cryptic and/or Perfect World are just lazy in setting up the normal international payment methods also used for Gold Subscriptions.
Don't blame VAT for this.
Captain
# 794
05-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwgacy1 View Post
All the options that I've used charge in Euro's rather than Sterling, not just Skrill.
Payments now go through Skrill. If you buy Zen from PWE with your CC, it goes through Skrill, etc. Skrill is PWE's official transaction provider. Those of us who live in areas where Skill isn't licensed, such as Illinois, learned that the hard way.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 795
05-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Funny enough, My visa debit card was and still has been declined when I pay directly to cryptic. My bank said they block it for my safety...pfft! Yeah right! They are making us pay for this by Paypal or Skrill in euros.... so no matter how we pay for it, we still being forced to pay in euros.

UK is basically saying shut up and slapped you silly with the vat crap.
<a href=http://s146.photobucket.com/user/Challenger03/media/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/Challenger03/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg target=_blank>http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...psfcfe716b.jpg</a></a>
Starfleet Veteran
# 796
05-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Gold subscriptions are charged in:
- US Dollars
- Canadian Dollars
- British Pounds
- EU euro's
- Danish currency

Then why can this player not be charged for the Legacy Pack in British Pounds?
Cryptic and/or Perfect World are just lazy in setting up the normal international payment methods also used for Gold Subscriptions.
Don't blame VAT for this.[/quote]

Exactly. They can do it if they want to.
Lt. Commander
# 797
05-20-2013, 11:45 AM
the topic that was merged here had nothing to do with the fact that Legacy Pack is on Pre-Order... More the lack of payment methods, that is a problem and seperate.
Career Officer
# 798
05-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Payments now go through Skrill. If you buy Zen from PWE with your CC, it goes through Skrill, etc. Skrill is PWE's official transaction provider. Those of us who live in areas where Skill isn't licensed, such as Illinois, learned that the hard way.
Unless of course you use PayPal (or one of the other 4 options, not including Skrill themselves) which is paid directly to Perfect World. As the email notification usually states Perfect World B.V they're likely based in Holland, probably the reason for the charge in Euro's rather than Sterling.

ETA: Although some of the options go through Skrill there are still two other options that have nothing to do with Skrill.
Concessimus etiam omnibus liberis hominibus regni nostri, et dedit pro nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum, quibus libertates subscriptas, habendas et tenendas eis et heredibus suis de nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum.

Last edited by mwgacy1; 05-20-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 799
05-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Paypal charge in Euro's as well. Not sure why, but it is what it is....

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Captain
# 800
05-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwgacy1 View Post
Unless of course you use PayPal (or one of the other 4 options, not including Skrill themselves) which is paid directly to Perfect World. As the email notification usually states Perfect World B.V they're likely based in Holland, probably the reason for the charge in Euro's rather than Sterling.
Yeah. Brandon's going to be working out of the Amsterdam office for 6 weeks.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Closed Thread