Commander
# 11
05-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Hahahaha. Another ****ty trade-off. Oh well.
Julius - Klingon Tactical Officer, B'rel Bird of Prey // Rujan - Klingon Science Officer, Temporal Science Vessel
Marcellus - Romulan Tactical Officer, Scimitar Warbird // Aurelius - Klingon Science Officer, B'rel Bird of Prey
Hadrian, Romulan Tactical Officer, Fleet T'varo Retrofit
Captain
# 12
05-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Popcorn time?

Popcorn time!
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Captain
# 13
05-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Cryptic really knows how to piss off it's players. No wonder all the real pvp'ers went to games like mwo and planetside 2. Think when Star Citizen comes out everyone will tell Cryptic where to stick their lockboxes?

If only people had willpower and boycotted the lockboxes when they first came out.

Good job whiners and Cryptic, you've successfully made this game bland and boring.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Captain
# 14
05-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
KDF is going to be dead, and no I'm not crying I could care less about it.

The only thing it will be good for now is for RP the story missions.

It was already quite obvious there alot more advantages making the new character a Fed Rommy.

Cheers!
Really? I didn't take you as one for this...

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 05-20-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 15
05-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Oh lovely... That was the main reason the main thing the Klingons had left over the Feds... Why do you believe the Feds are getting the Leech all of a sudden?

Also, yes everything the Feds get from lower ship consoles are crap besides the Point Defense and Antimatter Spread.
Commander
# 16
Well that didn't take long.

My advice: grow up. If giving that one single console to the feds is SOOOO overpowering it will kill the entire KDF then it was too powerful to begin with and you are just selfishly trying to hold onto a console you are now openly admitting is OP. You know what will happen? Feds will spend millions putting this console on every ship they have, then complaining that is got secretly nerfed when it is not the I WIN button they believed it to be. I can think of one of my three feds who will actually use this console, a sci who could use the power.

And don't dismiss the Gas Sensor. This forum has been flooded with KDF complaints that the Roms will be giving the Feds too many cloaking ships and killing the KDF. Now you get something specifically designed to combat cloaked ships and you dismiss it out of hand? Every B'trel torpboat captain should put one of these on their ship and start slaughtering the Roms. Cruiser/carrier captains would be wise to have one too, loaded on a rear torp to counter alpha strikes.

Also back before the Dominion lockbox when I said everyone was overreacting when it was "rumored" it would include the PL? Yea, I take that back
Empire Veteran
# 17
The reason these trade offs always favour the Feds is because most of their consoles are pure garbage.

Next lockbox is Photonic displacement for Aceton Assimilator.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Captain
# 18
05-20-2013, 12:57 PM
It's actually even worse. Feds not only get Plasmonic Leech, Cryptic also hands out Nanite Disruptors which have apparently the same procs as Elite Fleet Disruptors.
Career Officer
# 19
05-20-2013, 01:05 PM
I find it utterly silly to think that someone would play Klingons for their consoles..... I play my Klingons because...they're Klingon dammit.

Making all consoles available to everyone was always the plan and I don't see the problem with it. Those disruptors might be a different matter unless the next lockbox hands out the Fed variant of Elite Fleet weapons....

If the survival of the KDF faction hinges on one console (which it absolutely does not), then it deserves to die !
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Captain
# 20
05-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
The reason these trade offs always favour the Feds is because most of their consoles are pure garbage.

Next lockbox is Photonic displacement for Aceton Assimilator.
You already got the Photonic Displacement for Theta Radiation.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.