Captain
# 201
05-20-2013, 04:19 AM
So I finally think up a story for this. Now I just have to write it. But I do need help. Namely, with names. I'm terrible at coming up with Romulan names, and I need a slew of them, both male and female, including one for the lass who will become my main Romulan character in game. Any and all ideas welcomed!

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Ensign
# 202
05-20-2013, 05:47 AM
Just posted the biography of my Romulan character. The character itself was first conceived by me in 2003 when I joined a PBeM sim. Later on I used her when running my own PBeM sim in Bravofleet.

Back in my simming days my character was a Romulan raised by humans, and serving in Starfleet. However, I decided I will go KDF, so I had to add in an interesting twist to facilitate her break with Starfleet.

I hope you all like it. I prefer to write my character's biographies in 3rd person, so it's a bit different from all the other ones I saw posted so far. ;-)
Starfleet Veteran
# 203
05-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
So I finally think up a story for this. Now I just have to write it. But I do need help. Namely, with names. I'm terrible at coming up with Romulan names, and I need a slew of them, both male and female, including one for the lass who will become my main Romulan character in game. Any and all ideas welcomed!
No direct ideas, but I do know a place that can help you: http://exonoma.com/

It's basically a name generation site - contains randomly generated names from just about every race in the most popular sci-fi franchises. They don't have too many Romulan Names, but they do have some--I got the name of the Character for my entry from this site!!

And yes, they do provide pairs of first/last names, but you don't need to stick with a provided pair--you can mix and match, if you want.

I hope this site helps you.

Also, nice biography, Hyperion!!
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Captain
# 204
05-20-2013, 08:45 AM
I see names in there that I can use. Thanks. I'll try and get my story written up this week.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Starfleet Veteran
# 205
05-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
I see names in there that I can use. Thanks. I'll try and get my story written up this week.
You're welcome.

I basically recommend Exonoma if you're having problems finding a name for ANY race--be it from Star Trek, Star Wars, Mass Effect, or any other well-known Sci-Fi Race.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Also, what did you think of my entry?

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Captain
# 206
05-20-2013, 09:39 AM
Here's the Romulan name generator I use - it's based on Diane Duane's Rihannsu novels, which the game also seems to like.
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Ensign
# 207
05-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post

Also, nice biography, Hyperion!!
Thanks.
Starfleet Veteran
# 208
05-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperion1980 View Post
Thanks.
You're welcome.

Out of curiosity, what did you think of my entry?

Ensign
# 209
05-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post

Out of curiosity, what did you think of my entry?
I like it. You wove your character's background into the main story in a cool way. If I had to venture a guess about mister Erde... Section 31?
Starfleet Veteran
# 210
05-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperion1980 View Post
I like it. You wove your character's background into the main story in a cool way. If I had to venture a guess about mister Erde... Section 31?
Yep!!

Veleen's going to be allying with the Federation, so I felt having her off-world contact be S31 would be fairly appropriate.

I'm thinking I might give her a Federation Ship, too. Her primary ship will still be a Warbird--thinking I'll go for a Mogai--but I think giving her a Fed Ship as a secondary would be a pretty good idea.