Cryptic Studios Team
TRIBBLE has been updated to a new build.
ST.30.20130513a.11

General:
  • Cutting the Cord: Hakeev will now be gone when his death cutscene is over, regardless of player's faction.
  • Enemy Action: Updated the cutscene of the prisoner running so she is properly disintegrated.
  • Updated Duties of Command so that exiting the game during the mission will no longer prevent players from re-entering and completing it.
  • Updated Cold Comfort so that Romulan Aliens can Interrogate Tran.
  • Updated The House Always Wins so that leaving the mission during the Family Matters step no longer prevents mission completion.
Rihannsu
# 2
05-20-2013, 01:06 PM
*meekly* That's all?

Nothing about allowing Allied bridge officers to be used to Train powers for Romulan players?

Nothing about how 'calling support' in "Cutting the Cord" has support teams prematurely spawned for Romulan players, and that they don't despawn... making it really awkward when you call down orbital bombardments right over their heads?

Nothing about the difficulty of "Devil's Choice" during the "Defense of New Romulus" objective?

No addition of missing Romulan Republic undershirts/skirts?

No clean up of hair textures that end up having corrupted transparencies at their ends?

No fixing of the Valdore mip model (level of detail) that makes her wings textureless when seen from afar? (which happens often when looking at the flotilla from sector space and will even more when people actually start playing with the Valdore).

The last two patches have been kind of lean. I'm kind of worried.
Mhae ir-Virinat t'Rillas, R.R.W Temer

Last edited by umaeko; 05-20-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Captain
# 3
05-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaeko View Post
*meekly* That's all?

Nothing about allowing Allied bridge officers to be used to Train powers for Romulan players?

Nothing about how 'calling support' in "Cutting the Cord" has support teams prematurely spawned for Romulan players, and that they don't despawn... making it really awkward when you call down orbital bombardments right over their heads?

Nothing about the difficulty of "Devil's Choice" during the "Defense of New Romulus" objective?

No addition of missing Romulan Republic undershirts/skirts?

No clean up of hair textures that end up having corrupted transparencies at their ends?

Dude, it's a holiday. Be thankful they got anything fixed at all.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 4
05-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Dude, it's a holiday. Be thankful they got anything fixed at all.
And all the emergency downtime starting tomorrow will give them enough time to fix more stuff.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Ensign
# 5 Too quick
This whole release just seems too quick .. like they're rushing it. There is WAY too many mistakes and errors.

The quickdraw in Paradise city between Law and the Gorn .. the Gorn doesn't even have a gun on his hip! HOW do you design a quickdraw shootout scene and FORGET the gun? Seriously ... ?
Rihannsu
# 6
Thankful? I'm worried!

There's some stuff that I've bugged in there which I was hoping wouldn't go live on holodeck.

I'm not whining. I want the game to succeed. I want to avoid situations like returning friends coming back to try the game and making snide 'told you so' comments regarding bugs or getting frustrated on other stuff.
Captain
# 7
05-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Bet they didnt fix the frosted boots yet either that i told a dev ingame and told zer0 as well and made a topic. Did they even fix them invunerable romulans on the ground portion of cutting the cord when they beam in when you do one of the bomb or whatever they are on the wall?

Yes cryptic rush big releases out they dont have pride in quality control at all imo i mean if it was once then ok they can adjust it next season release but no they have done it with almost every season just to meet deadlines or known release dates. I wish they just push back releases instead of relying on the good old "well patch whatever bugs or errors pop up after release". Lazy...
Rihannsu
# 8
05-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Any other season release they could maybe push back, but not this one.

Adding a new Race/Faction to an MMO is one of the biggest things you can do, Cryptic knows it, PWE knows it. They marketed the hell out of LoR launching May 21st, and they've got Blizzard and Bioware worried, so much so they've having their own events tomorrow.
MikeWard1701 (Special Envoy)

facebook twitter Steam STOwiki Raptr - feel free to follow/friend me : )
Republic Veteran
# 9
05-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaeko View Post
Thankful? I'm worried!

There's some stuff that I've bugged in there which I was hoping wouldn't go live on holodeck.

I'm not whining. I want the game to succeed. I want to avoid situations like returning friends coming back to try the game and making snide 'told you so' comments regarding bugs or getting frustrated on other stuff.
what worries me is every time I sent a bug report I got a message saying can not be done at this time ... or something to that effect. made me wonder how effective tribble testing was if reports wasn't getting thru :s

also yeah it's been rushed. they needed at least a couple more months to finish the other half of the romulan faction.

Last edited by wazzagiow; 05-20-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Rihannsu
# 10
05-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptskeeteruk View Post
Lazy...
I wouldn't go so far as call them lazy. I think the colossal work in this expansion is hardly anything we could qualify as lazy. There was an homestretch, there was crunchtime, and there was the opening of Into Darkness.

Let's be honest: there's nothing absolutely gamebreaking in the expansion as it stands. It's stable. It has flaws, but it can launch like this. If they had the guarantee of a stable launch, I could very well see them focus on releasing easy fixes only for the launch date.

My experience in beta has been nothing if not awesome, and I expect it'll be for many other people. I just wish there had been time for more polish, but that's likely not possible if they stick to their launchdate. I just hope the QA team is still working on helping solve some of that stuff internally and that'll we'll get some of that polish after the expansion launches, but before things slow down due to Devs heading out to vacations.

(not that they don't deserve it - just flag this as selfishly hopeful of me )