Career Officer
# 11
05-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Dude, it's a holiday. Be thankful they got anything fixed at all.
What holiday? Memorial day is NEXT Monday.
So, I just push the buttons and things blow up? Fascinating...
Rihannsu
# 12
05-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Romulan characters STILL cannot use any of the Skill (XP) Bonuses/Boosts.
Empire Veteran
# 13
05-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain185 View Post
Here in Canada it's Victoria Day so yeah vacation for us, though that would not have any effect on the dev team.
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-20-2013, 02:51 PM
I expect there'll be many little patches/fixes with it hitting the floor tomorrow. Oh boy I can't wait for the lag! Better nuke my graphics specs now.
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
05-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rld2 View Post
This whole release just seems too quick .. like they're rushing it. There is WAY too many mistakes and errors.

The quickdraw in Paradise city between Law and the Gorn .. the Gorn doesn't even have a gun on his hip! HOW do you design a quickdraw shootout scene and FORGET the gun? Seriously ... ?

If you think THIS is rushed, you should've been here two years ago.

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Captain
# 16
05-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain185 View Post
D'oh, I forgot that Americans don't celebrate Victoria Day. Never mind.
Lieutenant
# 17
05-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Dude, it's a holiday. Be thankful they got anything fixed at all.
It's not a holiday in America. Memorial Day is the next holiday and that is Monday May 27th.
Captain
# 18
05-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Well, we'll see what tomorrow brings, I expect the debugging process will go on, live or not, not everything gets covered in a beta, testers being human will gravitate towards what interests them leaving a lot of things unchecked, the only way to really find things is go live. That and I don't doubt that they may have withheld a few things that they tested in house so that there are at least a few surprises for the community.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Captain
# 19
05-20-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc89123 View Post
It's not a holiday in America. Memorial Day is the next holiday and that is Monday May 27th.
It is a holiday ... in America, just a Canadian one.
Former Star Trek Online Player
Career Officer
# 20 Launch time
05-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaeko View Post
Let's be honest: there's nothing absolutely gamebreaking in the expansion as it stands. It's stable. It has flaws, but it can launch like this. If they had the guarantee of a stable launch, I could very well see them focus on releasing easy fixes only for the launch date.
^^ this.

I'm a software developer myself. I know full well there comes a time where you have to stop fixing bugs, and ship the product. This is that time.

Stop whining that they didn't fix your pet issue. If they took the time to address every issue, we'd never get the expansion. Heck, I've got my own pet bug -- there are missing parts from the female custom aliens, which means I can't make any changes to one of my characters without her ears disappearing! When Season 8 goes live, I'm going to open a ticket on the issue, so it gets tracked. No whining, end of story.

Frankly, I'd be more worried if they were making major updates the day before the launch....
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.

Last edited by bberge1701; 05-20-2013 at 05:20 PM.