Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 282
# 11
05-20-2013, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Because it's never been done and is very hard to do in the first place?
Did it day one, so no your not the first.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 260
# 12
05-20-2013, 04:33 AM
Congrats on the accomplishment. One I wont try to replicate, I assure you. :p

And (unless I missed it,) what was the approximate time elapsed, when you were finished with the Queen Diamond? Just curious.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,787
# 13
05-20-2013, 02:55 PM
I wasn't keeping track exactly, but just estimating by the clock it was about an hour, maybe a little less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,787
# 14
05-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polie05 View Post
Did it day one, so no your not the first.
I see.

So I assume you knew the strategies ahead of time, or managed to determine them in a very short period of time?
Also, did you have it mind that you were going to do it, because you would need to prepare for it?
We beat it because the two of us used plasma uber plasma spam, which I assume you must have also done to beat it. Oh wait, the reputation system also came out on day one, didn't it? So there was no Romulan hyper-torpedo nor scorpion fighters.
For doing such a thing, you must have documented it? Anywhere?

Hm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 74
# 15
05-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
I see.

So I assume you knew the strategies ahead of time, or managed to determine them in a very short period of time?
Also, did you have it mind that you were going to do it, because you would need to prepare for it?
We beat it because the two of us used plasma uber plasma spam, which I assume you must have also done to beat it. Oh wait, the reputation system also came out on day one, didn't it? So there was no Romulan hyper-torpedo nor scorpion fighters.
For doing such a thing, you must have documented it? Anywhere?

Hm?
Oh, he totally did it. It was him and his girlfriend. She's from Canada though, you wouldn't know her.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,126
# 16
05-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Is it difficult to do or just tedious and boring?

The first part is the most dangerous, as long as you control agro you can elminate them one group at a time.

The unimatrix ships are super easy when you don't worry about time, sit 9.5k out and autofire, come back sometime later

The queen can be tough but with a tank and 2 people throwing romulan torps constantly, it can't do any real damage.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,787
# 17
05-23-2013, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Is it difficult to do or just tedious and boring?

The first part is the most dangerous, as long as you control agro you can elminate them one group at a time.

The unimatrix ships are super easy when you don't worry about time, sit 9.5k out and autofire, come back sometime later

The queen can be tough but with a tank and 2 people throwing romulan torps constantly, it can't do any real damage.
Here's why it took specialized builds and an hour to do:

After testing on normal, we discovered that fighters had to be left behind and the Romulan torp turned off so that only one cube was aggroed at a time. This was a long and slightly complicated process. The unimatrix part is undoubtedly the longest. We sat at ~9km, spamming our fighters, weapons, and torpedoes. Of course, many times we got vaporized by the plasma bolts. Eventually we decided to shoot them down as soon as they launched (which risks their aggro) and it worked. It didn't happen on this run, but on our HSN practice the unimatrixes would lance us as we flew back in from respawning (sometimes because of a previous lance!). Then the queen was just a long shootout.

So yeah, it takes planning and skill to do. However, not impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,145
# 18
05-23-2013, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
I could try, but I can definitely tell you that is not possible.
It was possible to solo HSE a couple months ago when I did it. It required a B'rel using a Romulan boff with subterfuge. Before when using this boff the B'rel could fire while cloaked and not have the 2 second reveal it normally has. You could just endlessley fire romulan torps at stuff until they die and there was nothing the borg could do about it.

It was nerfed a couple months ago though so now the B'rel still reveals for 2 seconds when firing even with a subterfuge boff.

Quite an accomplishment doing this with 2 man though, congrats.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 282
# 19
05-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
I see.

So I assume you knew the strategies ahead of time, or managed to determine them in a very short period of time?
Also, did you have it mind that you were going to do it, because you would need to prepare for it?
We beat it because the two of us used plasma uber plasma spam, which I assume you must have also done to beat it. Oh wait, the reputation system also came out on day one, didn't it? So there was no Romulan hyper-torpedo nor scorpion fighters.
For doing such a thing, you must have documented it? Anywhere?

Hm?
Why would I need rep system stuff? Its easy enough as it is and as a a dedicated PvP'er I always have different kinds of batteries and armor in my pack. And no, we didn't. 3 of the guys warped out after a couple of minutes and a fleetmate and myself finished it. Its so friggin easy, all you do is go high, take out spheres, and then finish the cubes.

Oh and yes, I did play it before it was on holodeck.


Sorry to burst your pve'er bubble, but...well just refer to my sig.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 63
# 20
05-24-2013, 02:33 AM
And if you want to solo HSE with a few extremely passive "NPCs" around... Use the standard queue and find a public group. Did that once. It was funny to see odysseys being blown up by a couple of spheres.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 PM.