Career Officer
# 21
05-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
^^ this.

I'm a software developer myself. I know full well there comes a time where you have to stop fixing bugs, and ship the product. This is that time.

Stop whining that they didn't fix your pet issue. If they took the time to address every issue, we'd never get the expansion. Heck, I've got my own pet bug -- there are missing parts from the female custom aliens, which means I can't make any changes to one of my characters without her ears disappearing! When Season 8 goes live, I'm going to open a ticket on the issue, so it gets tracked. No whining, end of story.
Why wait for Season 8 ? That is quite some time from now......
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Republic Veteran
# 22
05-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
TRIBBLE has been updated to a new build.
ST.30.20130513a.11

General:
  • Cutting the Cord: Hakeev will now be gone when his death cutscene is over, regardless of player's faction.
  • Enemy Action: Updated the cutscene of the prisoner running so she is properly disintegrated.
  • Updated Duties of Command so that exiting the game during the mission will no longer prevent players from re-entering and completing it.
  • Updated Cold Comfort so that Romulan Aliens can Interrogate Tran.
  • Updated The House Always Wins so that leaving the mission during the Family Matters step no longer prevents mission completion.
Just curious here Zero.. are they going to push this to Live with the current costuming bug with inconsistent color palettes and random costume pieces color locking?

Jolan'tru
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
05-20-2013, 05:06 PM
I myself would like to know, if the fact that an Aquarius is deployed from an Odyssey-class ship, it quadruples in size, is in fact a "bug" or another one of Cryptic's unannounced "features" that makes players scratch their heads and go "What....?"

Does the BOP from the Bortasqu' do the same thing?
Captain
# 24
05-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightionny View Post
I myself would like to know, if the fact that an Aquarius is deployed from an Odyssey-class ship, it quadruples in size, is in fact a "bug" or another one of Cryptic's unannounced "features" that makes players scratch their heads and go "What....?"
"working as intended"
Rihannsu
# 25
05-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonheld View Post
Just curious here Zero.. are they going to push this to Live with the current costuming bug with inconsistent color palettes and random costume pieces color locking?

Jolan'tru
Yeah it may not be game breaking but it still a glaring problem. I also hope we can choose whether or not we have the shoulder capes equipped, those things have minds of their own and are bloody annoying.
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Bacon tastes so much better marinated in vegan tears"
Better dead then Fed!
Captain
# 26
05-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
^^ this.

I'm a software developer myself. I know full well there comes a time where you have to stop fixing bugs, and ship the product. This is that time.

Stop whining that they didn't fix your pet issue. If they took the time to address every issue, we'd never get the expansion. Heck, I've got my own pet bug -- there are missing parts from the female custom aliens, which means I can't make any changes to one of my characters without her ears disappearing! When Season 8 goes live, I'm going to open a ticket on the issue, so it gets tracked. No whining, end of story.

Frankly, I'd be more worried if they were making major updates the day before the launch....
If I recall correctly that's called "going gold". The truth is, that this is not a console game, the blessing and the curse of online games is that if you ship with bugs they can be fixed. By contrast a game that is shipped on a disc and will always be on a disc must be as close to perfect as possible. An online game doesn't can keep to its deadlines and ship with bugs as these are things that can be repaired as time goes on.

Furthermore it's impossible for us to know what bugs the developers are working at this moment. Nor do we know how time consuming the fixes are. I counsel patience my esteemed colleagues.

That said. My Bug is that my starship is still my first officers legs on tribble. I hope that when Holodeck upgrades my ship is on the Character select screen.
Quote:

Perhaps Starfleet has mastered Subspace Compression phenomena to the point that they have created a device to duplicate it.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Survivor of Remus
# 27
05-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
Here in Canada it's Victoria Day so yeah vacation for us, though that would not have any effect on the dev team.
Actually it's not just in Canada. Well Victoria Day is only in Canada but it was also Pentecost Monday and most of Europe was closed (in the UK it is called Whit Monday).
Career Officer
# 28
05-21-2013, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rld2 View Post
This whole release just seems too quick .. like they're rushing it. There is WAY too many mistakes and errors.

The quickdraw in Paradise city between Law and the Gorn .. the Gorn doesn't even have a gun on his hip! HOW do you design a quickdraw shootout scene and FORGET the gun? Seriously ... ?
guess cryptic doesnt watch other games sink without a trace because the publishers demand the game come out well before it is read and historically, games fail hard when they are released only half finished or littered with so many bugs.. storyline and the rest of it is fine, its just the sheer number of issues will immediately have a negative impact and cause a bigger impact then more then a positive impact.

cryptic really should of gotten this all fixed a while back, especially from the open beta feedback.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T5 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T5 ship.
Commander
# 29
05-21-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:

Lol Maybe they wanted the aquarius to have a super size megazord mode.
Captain
# 30
05-21-2013, 02:24 PM
When the loot roll window pops up, the bar for how much time I have left to reply is black on the Voyager theme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort
Hahahaha, thanks Cryptic, for doing your part to make the F2P transition of SWTOR such a success!!