Commander
# 21
05-19-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnaangel9 View Post
I dont run fleet weapons and never will. Complete waste IMO. I run Phaser DHCs Accx3 in PVP and Romulan DHCs CrtDx2 in PvE tho I rarely run PvE as the PvE in STO is a joke for the most part as far as challenge wise.
Advanced fleet weapons are only a waste SOMETIMEs. Accx2 and Accx3 weapons can be extremely expensive on the exchange depending on the damage type, and now that Advanced Fleet weapons are available in Accx2 Dmgx2 flavor, they are extremely cost effective compared to buying off the exchange.

Not to mention that for Antiproton weapons they are effectively THE only option for Mk XIIs in Accx2.

The are also the best plasma and disruptor options open to casual players who have trouble with romulan reputation and can't afford the inflated exchange prices on Accx2 weapons.

Elite fleet weapons are a different kettle of fish, since they force you into a phaser build fed side and the special proc is more or less good depending on what setup you are running.

On topic, the quads look great and are awesome for levelling, but I can't see running them over most other weapons in a serious endgame build.

Cheers!
Captain
# 22
05-19-2013, 05:10 PM
You can't compare quads to DHCs, the quads have the same firing cycle and mechanics as dual cannons. DHC's due to the way they fire tend to negate a fair bit of the power drain. So you should be comparing quads to DCs. They are great for leveling but outside of that I don't tend to use them as they're phaser only.

However I would love to know how many shots quads fire per cycle as some things proc per shots and some per cycle. For example energy procs get applied on a cycle from what I remember but things like DEM and tetryon glider get applied per shot. If quads are firing twice as many shots as DCs which fire twice as many as DHCs then 1 quad cannon could apply the same number of DEM and tetryon glider damage modifiers as 4 DHCs.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-19-2013, 06:26 PM
I bought Quad Cannon Disruptors for my Fleet Norgh today, and tried them on... I laughed then put them in the bank... There is absolutely nothing special about them at all, and I can't even begin to understand why a person would go DC instead of DHC...
Career Officer
# 24
05-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Dmg mods only give you slightly better dps... The real damage is done on critical hits.

Acc means your shots will land on target plus Acc vs Defense score overflow goes into CrtH... Which is why it is preferred in PvP.
CrtH will get you big hits.
CrtD when you do crit you will hit for higher numbers.
Dmg won't help you hit the target nor will it help you crit. It only helps with CrtD to once you crit

This is why the quads fail.
Best pvp mods are Accx3 or Accx2 with either a CrtH or CrtD if you have crit consoles/boffs.
Fleet Accx2 dmgx2 are only acceptable bc of the Accx2, the Dmgx2 kinda mimic a CrtD mod.

PvE most targets defense is low anyway so best mods are either
CrtH CrtDx2 or CrtD x3. This if you have the borg, Tachyokinetic, zero point consoles already equipped. If not CrtH x2 CrtD or CrtH x3 work well too.

Last edited by edalgo; 05-20-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
05-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalousx View Post
I think I should explain for refference that in fleet actions I _Always_ get first place. In the past 3 weeks there have been 3 times ( without exageration) That I got second place and all of those were because the server made me join extremely late in the match. This is good refference so that you know that I know a thing or two about how to build a DPS boat.

...<SNIP>....

I look forward to seeing you all in the game. -ANX

I have similar numbers, but I run plasma

What does Advanced Combat Tracker / ACT measure your sustained DPS at?
Rihannsu
# 26
05-20-2013, 04:23 PM
This thread is like: please keep using quad cannons so I can get first place on fleet actions every time!

just kidding...

but seriously.
Say the word, it saves the world.
CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
Career Officer
# 27
05-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxfire View Post
This thread is like: please keep using quad cannons so I can get first place on fleet actions every time!

just kidding...

but seriously.
this ^^^^^^^
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Captain
# 28
05-20-2013, 05:03 PM
I got them for my Defiant Class. Currently using them. So far I had no issues with them. Compared to the DHCs I run on my KDF ship. They seem to chew up the target about equal. However you do see a ton more blasts hitting the target instead of the usual few.

They might not serve a purpose of being over powered. But the effects are killer. So I will keep on using them on my Defiant. Plus to me it isn't the Defiant without them. Since the show used them.
Captain
# 29
05-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxfire View Post

just kidding...

but seriously.
LOL

/10 characters

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Career Officer
# 30
05-21-2013, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jornado View Post
Advanced fleet weapons are only a waste SOMETIMEs. Accx2 and Accx3 weapons can be extremely expensive on the exchange depending on the damage type, and now that Advanced Fleet weapons are available in Accx2 Dmgx2 flavor, they are extremely cost effective compared to buying off the exchange.

Not to mention that for Antiproton weapons they are effectively THE only option for Mk XIIs in Accx2.

The are also the best plasma and disruptor options open to casual players who have trouble with romulan reputation and can't afford the inflated exchange prices on Accx2 weapons.

Elite fleet weapons are a different kettle of fish, since they force you into a phaser build fed side and the special proc is more or less good depending on what setup you are running.

On topic, the quads look great and are awesome for levelling, but I can't see running them over most other weapons in a serious endgame build.

Cheers!
yes, As i posted in another thread the ONLY time they are worth getting if your budget cannot afford the energy type you want in accx2 for pvp and/or AP.

but the modifiers are what make it useless. Acc is not needed in PvE as you practically never miss and the DMG modifiers are the most useless in game, so yes they are pointless for 98% of STO players in PvE.

I don't think people realize how much better and how cheap most PvE weapons are off the exchange. Use the resources you WOULD have spent of the weapons and get rommy Boffs for nice critz, kits and embassy consoles..then burn the rest on Random/Tactical Purple Duty Officers from Starbase some go for up to 30m+

Last edited by dnaangel9; 05-21-2013 at 01:21 AM.