Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,498
# 231
05-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
90% of the people in this thread are pve'ers, and i really dont know what their motivation is. all i know is they have a limited frame of reference, and are repeating things pvp'ers say without understanding it as well as they think they do.
Soo... to me... your posts was a long explanation of why you feel that slow ships are bad in PvP. It's not that I disagree with you, it's that I have to quesiton the relevence of this information. PvP has NEVER been "balanced".... the D'D is simply the next in the line.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,918
# 232
05-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Soo... to me... your posts was a long explanation of why you feel that slow ships are bad in PvP. It's not that I disagree with you, it's that I have to quesiton the relevence of this information. PvP has NEVER been "balanced".... the D'D is simply the next in the line.
ya... actually it sorta is. its not always pretty, but its balanced. this is another case of repeating something someone said over and over. this is more commenting without actually experience. or this is an opinion formed when you qued up and got spanked and dont understand why. pve does such a disservice to players, not teaching them how to actually play.

pvp is still extreamly fun, and playable, with tight margins for success, without 1 captain type or ship or build being an i win button. well, except the bug sorta. successful teams have lots of sci and control, with spiky escorts exploiting debuffs. theres just no room for engineers and fed styles cruisers in it anymore, which is why most pvp'ers call for large buffs to those 2 things. and why the d'deridex is such a hot topic, becase its slated asa crappy cruiser with that turn rate, instead of a very fun and usable battle cruiser with an at least 9 turn rate.

if pvp was so unbalanced and unplayable, i wouldn't have made such a huge help thread for it, filled with all the tribal knowledge you need to figure pvp out. linked to in my sig
______________________________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlalo View Post
I just wanted to say, I've never seen a more disturbing avatar
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,498
# 233
05-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
ya... actually it sorta is. its not always pretty, but its balanced. this is another case of repeating something someone said over and over. this is more commenting without actually experience. or this is an opinion formed when you qued up and got spanked and dont understand why. pve does such a disservice to players, not teaching them how to actually play.

pvp is still extreamly fun, and playable, with tight margins for success, without 1 captain type or ship or build being an i win button. well, except the bug sorta. successful teams have lots of sci and control, with spiky escorts exploiting debuffs. theres just no room for engineers and fed styles cruisers in it anymore, which is why most pvp'ers call for large buffs to those 2 things. and why the d'deridex is such a hot topic, becase its slated asa crappy cruiser with that turn rate, instead of a very fun and usable battle cruiser with an at least 9 turn rate.

if pvp was so unbalanced and unplayable, i wouldn't have made such a huge help thread for it, filled with all the tribal knowledge you need to figure pvp out. linked to in my sig
Again, your complaints, while valid, aren't anything specific to the D'D.... Personally, I only PvP if my fleet mates want to have fun or someone wants to test a build. I stick to PvE and writing Foundry misisons for the most part.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,229
# 234
05-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveimperator View Post
Also, Snoggy, thanks for proving my point. I made an entire post, yet you latch onto one line of obvious trollbait like it's all I've ever said and ignore everything else. Either take the whole post into account, or just stop talking.
Say something relevant, that wasn't already discussed pages ago and maybe I'll bother discussing it. As it is, all you're saying is you want to turn better because you personally dislike turning slow or you are lying about cruiser DPS saying its too low, when it isn't.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 800
# 235
05-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunansa View Post
Wild guess...I randomly just talk out of my arse...but the reason why is cause it has less hull than the normal d, plus its using adapted borg core instead of the regular core, its battle cloak is gone, meaning.....

no battle cloak, less turn ability....I dunno, I just look at the ship stats and thats what I see....
Actually if you really take a look at that picture you can see the original hull of the D'deridex and the Borg equipment is added on top of that. However you're right the nose is different, but there are more sections that jut out of than the original so it's actually larger not smaller than the base D'deridex.
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,229
# 236
05-20-2013, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msk5 View Post
Alright I was firmly in the "D'deridex is fine" camp, but with the Tal Shiar Adapted Battle Cruiser having a turn rate of 7 despite being a D'deridex with a bunch of borg crap bolted onto it, there's no logical reason left to keep the D'deridex at its current turn rate.

And don't say that the borg crap makes it more maneuverable because the Tal Shiar Adapted Destroyer is a borg'd up Dhelan and that gets its turn rate knocked down to 11.

If the Warcrab turns at 7, the D'deridex should turn at at least 8 if not 9.
The best part about those tal'shiar ships? You're basically flying a Narada!

That's so freakin SWEEEEEET! You get to be Nero! "Hello Christopher. I'm Nero!" "Codes please!" "Spock? SPAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHCK!"

We should all meet up in the Laurentian system and discuss how awesome this new development is!
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 394
# 237
05-20-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Again, your complaints, while valid, aren't anything specific to the D'D.... Personally, I only PvP if my fleet mates want to have fun or someone wants to test a build. I stick to PvE and writing Foundry misisons for the most part.
Thank you for proving his point.

While the complaints are not exclusive to the D'd, true, they are exclusive to the lowest turn cruisers, which now welcomes the romulan cruisers.

The argument has shifted to include all low turn cruisers because, I guess focusing on the D'd is sparking some kind of RP rage about it is supposed to turn very slow, for some reason. So it has shifted to include all of them in the hopes you will understand the depths of the problem.
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,229
# 238
05-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Oh wow, the new lockboxes solve all your problems here people.

You get a Narada that turns faster.

AND, AND ... check it ... you get a new trait!

Quote:
Genetic Resequencer: One of four new Traits, each packaged with one free Trait Respec. Each captain may only unpack each Trait a single time, after which time it will remain a permanent option they may select when choosing their Traits.
Helmsman - Space Trait:
+10% Flight Turn Rate
Evasive Maneuvers cooldown reduced by 10sec
So there you go. Problem solved. Lockbox Lotto brings you the ship you want with the trait boost to boot!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,000
# 239
05-20-2013, 06:47 PM
at this point just take every cruiser drop it;s total hull by 2,000 and bump the turn rate by 2

if a ship twice as large as the galaxy get's a turn of 7 the size argument is now dead
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 394
# 240
05-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Oh wow, the new lockboxes solve all your problems here people.

You get a Narada that turns faster.

AND, AND ... check it ... you get a new trait!



So there you go. Problem solved. Lockbox Lotto brings you the ship you want with the trait boost to boot!
I wouldn't say "solved" exactly but its a start. The cruiser is kinda all over the place with its boff layout. Ill have to look at it more when I get home. Lock box though...yay...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:31 AM.