Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 101
05-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I'd rather play a Klingon with no nice gear than a whiny fed or a half-faction Romulan pet to the other factions.

It's gonna be fun watching the feds with their new 'I win' console still getting the butts handed to them, and all the bugs and broken items coming to the Roms.
I agree in fact if my Federation characters didn't have the unique gear they had on them now, they would be deleted. If Cryptic ever allows the option to re-pack up lock box ships for some amount of cost I would jump at it and say buy buy to them.

This just goes to show the work being put into the KDF is nothing more than a publicity stunt to brag to all the news sites that they have 3 full factions all that can play from level 1 as a players first character. Once the LoR patch hits tonight you watch how much content the KDF and Romulans will get.

It will go back to the status quo of the Federation getting the stuff and we getting only the cross faction poop written from the Federation perspective like Nimbus is for LoR. Why would the KDF be fighting the Orion Syndicate when they are part of the KDF.

As for this whole leech thing, more annoyed that Fed Romulans can access it as it was one of the main reasons many decided to go KDF with their Romulans. Now it's probably better that they go Federation instead as they can just pick up a leech off the exchange far cheaper than forking out the 1000 Zen for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 445
# 102
05-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Delete all toons, only play romulan as the KDF and Federation are no longer unique.

Also this ruins all my major points I made to my Federation fleet mates. "Come to KDF with your rommie, we have leech and elite fleet disruptors. Yay!"

Now they can get all that through a lock box and without having to leave the Federation. Go f--k yourself cryptic.
In case you're new, recent history on STO shows the Feds will get the best the Roms have through lockboxes.
I think the singularity core is already being considered for "adoption" fedside.

Poor Rommies.
They didn't even get a chance for their own seperate, full-fledged Faction.
At least the KDF did...for a while.
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 202
# 103
05-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Every time I think about opening my wallet...

I was just starting to get into my KDF alt. Started looking to buy some C-store ships in the future. It took a while to learn the difference in handling a bird of prey versus Fed ships. The only thing left that separates FED from KDF is the Battle Cloak...

The last time I thought about opening my wallet, they announced Romulan Faction. Then we find out, No, you have to align with FED/KDF.

So do I have this right. KDF has to use Zen to get the Leech.
Fed can get the Leech:
1. Keys (Lock Box)
2. EC (Exchange)

I'm guessing we can't buy the "FED Leech" off the exchange?

Last edited by ficr; 05-20-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 827
# 104
05-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
In case you're new, recent history on STO shows the Feds will get the best the Roms have through lockboxes.
I think the singularity core is already being considered for "adoption" fedside.

Poor Rommies.
They didn't even get a chance for their own seperate, full-fledged Faction.
At least the KDF did...for a while.
Not new I was looking forward towards some KDF love with LoR...
Former Ausmonaut Turned Space Pirate
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,260
# 105
05-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Well...I knew it was coming, eventually.

However, a point I'd like to bring up:

Klingons have a better variety of consoles at the tier 1-tier 4 (aka level 1-39). Federation has a better variety (for the most part) at the tier 5 level (levels 40-50). Hence why the KDF seems to get the crappier trades pretty much this whole time. Most of the Federation's 'better' consoles are only equip able on their top tier ships. Klingons have a better bit of choices at their lower levels, but not so much at the higher level (part of it being a lack of C-store consoles at tier 5 to begin with).

I won't say anymore, but do look forward to all the QQing, both in game, and on the forums here.

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,021
# 106
05-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficr View Post
Every time I think about opening my wallet...

I was just starting to get into my KDF alt. Started looking to buy some C-store ships in the future. It took a while to learn the difference in handling a bird of prey versus Fed ships. The only thing left that separates FED from KDF is the Battle Cloak...

The last time I thought about opening my wallet, they announced Romulan Faction. Then we find out, No, you have to align with FED/KDF.

So do I have this right. KDF has to use Zen to get the Leech.
Fed can get the Leech:
1. Keys (Lock Box)
2. EC (Exchange)

I'm guessing we can't buy the "FED Leech" off the exchange?
A KDF player who wants the Leech must spend Zen on the appropriate C-Store ship to unlock it.

The one coming from this lockbox will be part of a reward box. It's either going to be the gas/cloak sensing torpedo-thingie console (originally Fed) or the Leech (originally KDF), and what you get from that pack depends on the faction that character opening it is from. If you're Fed, you will get the sought after Leech console. If you're KDF, you're getting that cloak tracking torp thingie. One is obviously better than the other, just like how the Theta Radiation Vents was given out to the Feds on a similar reward pack (that was a great KDF console, too).
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 29
# 107
05-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurumimori****a View Post
And here I thought Klingons are Warriors.. not whiners. Notice the primitive rage in their eyes.. the uncontrolled brutality. Klingons can be quite entertaining, don't you agree? I think every Romulan zoo should have a pair.
Nice Babylon 5 quote.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 214
# 108
05-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Quick update from the LoR patch notes:

"The Ionized Gas torp will no longer do standard torp damage, but will do the same damage as that torps High Yield attack would."

Very nice upgrade on the same day the KDF gets access to the console.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 564
# 109
05-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha1369 View Post
Quick update from the LoR patch notes:

"The Ionized Gas torp will no longer do standard torp damage, but will do the same damage as that torps High Yield attack would."

Very nice upgrade on the same day the KDF gets access to the console.
But that's only useful for Torpedo build, which some of the KDF don't use - namely the carriers that functions as a beam boat or circulating gunboa.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 202
# 110
05-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
A KDF player who wants the Leech must spend Zen on the appropriate C-Store ship to unlock it.

The one coming from this lockbox will be part of a reward box. It's either going to be the gas/cloak sensing torpedo-thingie console (originally Fed) or the Leech (originally KDF), and what you get from that pack depends on the faction that character opening it is from. If you're Fed, you will get the sought after Leech console. If you're KDF, you're getting that cloak tracking torp thingie. One is obviously better than the other, just like how the Theta Radiation Vents was given out to the Feds on a similar reward pack (that was a great KDF console, too).
Thanks. I checked the exchange and understand now. The Theta Radiation Vent is available on the exchange but if you open it with your KDF alt it becomes Photonic Displacement.

So the bottom line is that KDF has to buy C-store ships (Zen) to get desired consoles. FED has the option of using keys or EC.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:18 PM.