Career Officer
# 131
05-21-2013, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
That's a common misconception. Whining about loss of identity is a matter of honor. Just ask Kurn.
Nah.. Kurn was a special case.. "softened" by his fed-bro.. - real Klingons don't whine and even embrace impossible odds (aka fed-leech??? lol)!!! What did Martok once say? .. "A vital mission, impossible odds and a ruthless enemy, what more could we ask for?"
"My people have a reputation for arrogance. I'm afraid it's well-earned."

Captain
# 132
05-21-2013, 02:34 AM
Fed Romulans, yay! I wonder if they can get the plasma leech.
Commander
# 133
05-21-2013, 03:49 AM
MmmMmmm!

Good popcorn...

Needs more butter though.
Empire Veteran
# 134
05-21-2013, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
and its nothing but rivers of tears and indignation?
I thought the federation was comprised of good moral character and compasionate hearts for thier fellow sentients yet we have them descending like vultures in this and other threads to feast on the KDF's pain at feeling screwed again.
Guess both fanbases failed to live up to the ideals of thier fandom.
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Lt. Commander
# 135
05-21-2013, 04:40 AM
Guys, we all knew this was coming. We've got the Maco shields through the Reputation system, which provides +10 to power levels while in combat. Add plasmonic leech with a full spec in flow caps, which gives us +16, and you've got +26 to all power levels while in combat.

I do agree, though, that this is once again a horrible trade. But if that's a reason for ya'll to stop playing KDF, you weren't worthy of the red UI anyway.
Julius - Klingon Tactical Officer, B'rel Bird of Prey // Rujan - Klingon Science Officer, Temporal Science Vessel
Marcellus - Romulan Tactical Officer, Fleet T'varo Retrofit // Aurelius - Klingon Science Officer, B'rel Bird of Prey
Empire Veteran
# 136
05-21-2013, 05:42 AM
This doesn't bother me at all. You could even look at it as a tacit admission by Cryptic that the Romulans need this console. The leech is great, no one will debate that, which means it's going to be in very high demand Fedside. Fed-aligned Rommies will want it, sci captains will want it, cruiser captains will probably want it too in order to make their ships less derpy. That equates to extremely high sale prices on the Exchange, which will go to even more insane levels after the boxes stop dropping. Or you can always gamble with keys and enjoy an inventory overflowing with doff packs and dil mining claims. Meanwhile on the KDF side, you pay 1000 zen ONCE and have the leech for every KDF or KDF-aligned Rommie on your account, forever. I will buy exactly one leech console Fedside, for my sci alt. All of my Romulans will be KDF-aligned, so they can enjoy the leech consoles I already have unlimited access to.

I'm still waiting for the all the whining once everyone Fedside who didn't skill into flow caps realizes they now need to buy a respec.
Career Officer
# 137
05-21-2013, 05:44 AM
I will still play a Klingon when servers come back up with LoR going live... some stupid console going one side or the other will not change that and I do not care...

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Commander
# 138
05-21-2013, 05:53 AM
Finally more Power for the Feds!
Career Officer
# 139
05-21-2013, 06:03 AM
The only thing I don't like about it is the timing. By putting that console in a box now only aids to players choosing Fed faction with their Romulan character.
Republic Veteran
# 140
05-21-2013, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant37 View Post
This doesn't bother me at all. You could even look at it as a tacit admission by Cryptic that the Romulans need this console. The leech is great, no one will debate that, which means it's going to be in very high demand Fedside. Fed-aligned Rommies will want it, sci captains will want it, cruiser captains will probably want it too in order to make their ships less derpy. That equates to extremely high sale prices on the Exchange, which will go to even more insane levels after the boxes stop dropping. Or you can always gamble with keys and enjoy an inventory overflowing with doff packs and dil mining claims. Meanwhile on the KDF side, you pay 1000 zen ONCE and have the leech for every KDF or KDF-aligned Rommie on your account, forever. I will buy exactly one leech console Fedside, for my sci alt. All of my Romulans will be KDF-aligned, so they can enjoy the leech consoles I already have unlimited access to.

I'm still waiting for the all the whining once everyone Fedside who didn't skill into flow caps realizes they now need to buy a respec.
That little bit up there was exactly what came to my mind a little while ago, I can imagine a lot of profiteering off that console box...definitely isn't going to be 50k like the last one.

I can imagine outrageous prices for it since it is probably the most desired KDF console in the game. Millions definitely...maybe even tens or hundreds of millions for it. If people get really greedy I could imagine seeing the console box go for more than the ship itself lol.