Lt. Commander
# 11
11-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by korkoff View Post
Yet more proof from Cryptic itself that the Klingons are getting overlooked in this game. Not one mention of ships for them, so must assume its the same three with 5 different lvls of the Bird of Prey, a 100 year old ship, a Vorcha, and a carrier. Wow and no PVE content, even stayed away from mentioning ground battle for the Klingons just all feddie all the time. I am already disapointed..............................

"Give me my $2" :Better off Dead
With regards to the Klingon ships you forgot the Raptor, K'tinga and Negh'Var. As for the Klingons getting "overlooked", just remember that their time is coming. I am as impatient as the next guy but it will probably be worth the wait.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Another cut & paste job, how does this qualify as News?
Honestly, aren't you guys getting as bored with this "email us some generic questions and we'll email some regurgitated answers back and we can all pretend we've had a nice chat over some tea and biscuits" interview techniques?

No Klingon info, as per usual.

- Dahakra
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Exactly the same as a previous interview - the portugese one I think, same page length, same screenshots, same questions, same answers, different language. How trite...
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-25-2009, 03:29 PM
hm, some nice info, and some that concerns me..
and the ones that concern me the most are about the businessmodels..
since the so called success of the market place on the xbox360, and other titles who tried this model.. this part is really getting worse.
i know that theres alot of ppl trying to defend it, and alot spend their money on it (no matter how often i would call it a no-brainer).. but seriously.. that doesnt feel right.
especially with monthly fee and the possibility of expansionpacks it feels like squeezing the last bucks out of the fans.
deciding things like that, shouldnt be done before the game settled itself witha playerbase big enough _and_ players asking for things like that..
otherwise this game will be hellgate2.0 and we know well how that ended (if not, ask roper)..
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Nothing new here. Was hoping to hear more about death, and klingon ships. All we got was some genertic stuff. Hop cryptic dosen't start acting like CCP and EVE where they dont listen to the majority and just start shoving things down there customers throat that is 1 reson EVE is starting to get issues. A new game like STO wont survive if they try this espiccaly right off the bat. Come on cryptic we want some new info not the same cut and paste jobs
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-25-2009, 04:32 PM
What Cryptic does need to emulate from CCP is harsher death penalties and more complexity. Seriously... your death penalty is simply starting the map over with some minor systems damage??? Ugh. The more I learn about this game, the less I'm interested in playing.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Hmm... interview was ok. Like people have said not much in terms of new information.

For me I don't plan on playing klingon at all at this point. I half wonder though, that if I knew more information about them, maybe I would want to try them.

At first I was thinking "only six bridge officers!?!" But I guess that makes sense considering the remainder would be reserved for away missions. Hope i'm understanding that correctly. I'm hoping we can have a nice roster of BO's to choose between, ideally twelve, 6 for the bridge and the remainder for the away team.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-25-2009, 05:31 PM
I think that it did answer some business questions to give us a better idea of their financial and cross marketing ideas. They got us with the CO subs to see how many of us were actually serious. Now that they know craig did mention that it gave them an indicator to how many subs they can expect. The sad part is if we were already in beta, we could be providing more hands on feedback to help them fix things that we don't like.

As far as klingons go, I think that there is some room for slack on this simply because they are really focused on the feds first. It will flesh out their plans for klingon and future races. They still need to use the community more to generate more content to help them get going. They really need to do more with that as well.

I want in beta soon just like the rest of us. I think that cryptic is really starting to show that they are hitting some things well and others are in REALLY bad shape, like the lack of length of CB prior to launch, I hope the lack of content in CO is because they finally moved people to STO to help work on getting more content on their cash cow. And finally those that should be in CB already. They need to get on it and up the # of concurrent users so the rest of those that should be in CB will be in CB sooner rather than later.

Like Leonard Nimoy said to Zachary Quinto when he said that when it comes to the fans " you have no idea what you are getting yourself into" These are growing pains for Cryptic, and they are just getting used to us. They need to make up for those situations though, more content and higher user threshold..
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naynayz View Post
As far as klingons go, I think that there is some room for slack on this simply because they are really focused on the feds first. It will flesh out their plans for klingon and future races. They still need to use the community more to generate more content to help them get going. They really need to do more with that as well.
Thank you for reminding people that the Feds are the focus right now. I am getting really tired of everyone whining about "there's no new Klingon info, I want to see more Klingon ships, my tummy hurts"

The Klingon information will come, those that wanted to play as them will get the information you need. Patience is needed. My 4 yr old daughter doesn't complain as much as some members on here!
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-27-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm definitely not a fan of the copy-and-paste style answers, but other than that I guess I can't complain about the game getting a little bit more publicity.