Commander
# 81
05-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
simple logic, if it was the servers or the client...EVERYONE would experience issues.
everyone doesn't, sooo...yeah, brandon was correct in asking people to check their stuff.
thats a blatant lie. don't even think of trying to tell me otherwise, I have a networking degree. just because there is something wrong with the server does NOT mean that every single user is going to have that problem, it doesn't work that way

Quote:
lol, 'it's not me it's them FIX IT!!1!!' sorry bud, it's you, i don't have any issues, several others i know that play have no issues. you missed the simple logic part.
excuse me? drop the ignorant attitude. your 'simple logic' isn't simple or logical

Quote:
if it was the servers or client then everyone would have the problem. so, using logic here, if most don't have an issue, and you do...we all use the same servers and the same client...not all that hard to logically figure out that the fault lies somewhere on your end.
again, that is not even remotely true. everyone would not have the same problem. you don't even know what the problem is so how exactly is it that you are saying that? do you even know how servers work? how connections work? how socket layers work? no? then don't tell people its their fault. this is a widespread problem. common sense says that when people that are having no problems playing any other mmo, are having constant connection problems here, that it isn't a problem on their end. if you want to talk about 'simple logic' start there.
Commander
# 82
05-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
thats a blatant lie. don't even think of trying to tell me otherwise, I have a networking degree. just because there is something wrong with the server does NOT mean that every single user is going to have that problem, it doesn't work that way

yes it does, how you connect is the same as how everyone else connects, how you route to the servers differs, oh, and i counter your 'network degree' with being god in my spare time

excuse me? drop the ignorant attitude. your 'simple logic' isn't simple or logical

again, that is not even remotely true. everyone would not have the same problem. you don't even know what the problem is so how exactly is it that you are saying that? do you even know how servers work? how connections work? how socket layers work? no? then don't tell people its their fault. this is a widespread problem. common sense says that when people that are having no problems playing any other mmo, are having constant connection problems here, that it isn't a problem on their end. if you want to talk about 'simple logic' start there.
you give lie to your 'network degree' by not even being able to perform simple troubleshooting routines. next time you want to pretend intelligence, or a degree in anything, at least research a bit first...

like...rofl@ common sense says if you play on others fine this should be fine...just.../facepalm. different server setups, different clients, different protocols, different timeouts, different routes to those servers, just...yeah...mr. 'i have a network degree'

oh, and their is one thing that could be client specific, is if your hardware/software config, and the others here reporting issues, somehow got borked in some patch...that would be a case where others would have to have nearly an identical setup, and would be the only ones affected. everyone else would have no issues, still wouldn't be a server prob though. it would be the client communicating through whatever it doesn't like about your setup causing issues.
Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.

Last edited by deadspacex64; 05-21-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 83
05-21-2013, 10:43 AM
deadspacex64, have you ever developed something more than a web page!? How good are you at troubleshooting windows and linux operating systems? How good are you at server and/or client-server development and heterogeneous system troubleshooting? How good are you at middle-ware configuration and t-shoot?
For reference, I've taken a major part in developing some software systems, one of them can be called a game - a very expensive one (check the meaning of "Full mission simulator"), and some other kind of software systems, that people rely on with their lives. So excuse me if I'm angry because someone thinks I'm a moron.
I'll be very rude to say so, but...CAN IT and go do something you like while waiting for the update!
Ensign
# 84
05-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Well I can see how this is turning out and degrading and turning into a flame war. People deadspacex64 is acting like a TROLL stop feeding him and ignore him.
Lt. Commander
# 85
05-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by requiemfang View Post
Well I can see how this is turning out and degrading and turning into a flame war. People deadspacex64 is acting like a TROLL stop feeding him and ignore him.
That much can be seen from an airplane
Starfleet Veteran
# 86
05-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Can we please stay cunstructive and not fight each other? As in, have you still the crashing of the launcher like I do? The patching is slow now, that's due to ten thousands of players simeowltaneously downloading the patch, yet it's no reason for crashes.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Lt. Commander
# 87
05-21-2013, 11:39 AM
A constructive thing to do would be to use P2P for your fat update. Yet another miss.
Starfleet Veteran
# 88
05-21-2013, 11:49 AM
And how do you do that if the only source of download is the launcher? It's not available on the website.
Lt. Commander
# 89
05-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eristhevorta View Post
And how do you do that if the only source of download is the launcher? It's not available on the website.
The current topic is here because of bad management. The slow updating is due to poor planning. It actually is that simple. It's not my job to implement techniques for Cryptic and PWE. We merely reap what they sow.
Starfleet Veteran
# 90
05-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Ah I thought you wanted to suggest to me to use P2P, which I usually don't. I didn't think you meant them, not me. =D Sorry.
Closed Thread