Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
What do you think the net outcome will be for KDF population? Will we see an increase, or will we see a decrease?
Captain
# 2
05-21-2013, 02:44 PM
It will be a decline. We are already shaky before the Rommies.

There's no incentive or reason to play KDF unless there is suddenly a huge influx of free to play, which there is not going to be. Not being negative.

The rep grind has destroyed any pleasant experience involved with leveling a toon. If people have to do that grind they are not going to waste it on a faction with perceived and real disadvantages.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 05-22-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Captain
# 3
05-21-2013, 03:00 PM
The optimists will tell you it will get better. The pessimists will tell you it'll get worse. The truth is no one knows, and no one will really know for another few months once all the bloom has wore off the update and people settle into what pleases them the most.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 4
05-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The optimists will tell you it will get better. The pessimists will tell you it'll get worse. The truth is no one knows, and no one will really know for another few months once all the bloom has wore off the update and people settle into what pleases them the most.
Call me a pessimist if you will. Fortunately, I'm also a realist and far from naive.

I've also paid attention to half the threads discussing this very issue over the last month.
Captain
# 5
05-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Call me a pessimist if you will. Fortunately, I'm also a realist and far from naive.
All pessimists call themselves realist. That's how they cope with being pessimists.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 6
05-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
All pessimists call themselves realist. That's how they cope with being pessimists.
Do you really want me to get empirical about the proof? Really? That horse was buried 3 seasons ago.

I believe you will find it nicely summarized on STOwiki.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 05-22-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Captain
# 7
05-21-2013, 03:07 PM
there is a limit to the number of players that can be in a fleet; 500 i think it is. so i'm thinking fed side of fleets fill up, so if you want new alts you have to join kdf side.

i was never a big fan of klingons, but the people that choose to play klingons inspired me and i now have a klingon tac.

i think klingons/kdf side offers a lot of advantages, so i am expecting the kdf ranks to increase.
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Career Officer
# 8
05-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Do you really want me to get empirical about the proof? Really? That horse was buried 3 seasons ago.
Yes, I would like empirical proof.
Captain
# 9
05-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Take 3 steps back and 2 chill-pills. Really. The KDF need to learn to lighten up. You don't do yourself any service on this forum. There's a reason I won't let my son come to the forum even though he LOVES the KDF more then life itself. It's because a certain percentage of you guys are just too anal about a game.

I'll say it again. The optimists will think it's good for the game. The pessimists will think it's bad. No one will know for sure until a few months have passed and everyone settles into the Faction they like the most. It's just that simple, whether you think you're a realist or not.
Captain
# 10
05-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Like it or not, Star Trek has always been about StarFleet, and the Federation. The Klingons are just the other guys on the business end of the phaser. Try and think of them as a little side of gravy, for the big Fed turkey feast you're enjoying!