Commander
# 181
05-21-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokersmith1 View Post
PWE/Cryptic does not care about KDF. Period.
On the day that KDf get to level their characters from 1 to 50, someone posts the standard "PWE doesn't love KDF" whine. You can't make this stuff up.
Survivor of Romulus
# 182
05-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandonlyrecce View Post
On the day that KDf get to level their characters from 1 to 50, someone posts the standard "PWE doesn't love KDF" whine. You can't make this stuff up.
lol Reminds me of a post I saw yesterday, saying that Cryptic is nickel and diming us for every piece of content in STO, a day before the game's first expansion that happens to be completely free of charge.
Captain
# 183
05-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Yeah I just did, deal with it.
Lt. Commander
# 184
05-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
You must have missed the part where this was only done on the back of a new ROMULAN species expansion... which kind of undermines the point...
Captain
# 185
05-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deleroux View Post
You must have missed the part where this was only done on the back of a new ROMULAN species expansion... which kind of undermines the point...
No matter how you want to phrase it, the decision was made to commit man-hours and financial resources to doing it. That's all that really matters.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 186
05-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
No matter how you want to phrase it, the decision was made to commit man-hours and financial resources to doing it. That's all that really matters.
Surely you must admit that pushing this particular KDF content out on the back of a brand new species/faction update is probably the worst way it could have been done though, from a perspective concerned with KDF interests, right?
Captain
# 187
05-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Surely you must admit that pushing this particular KDF content out on the back of a brand new species/faction update is probably the worst way it could have been done though, from a perspective concerned with KDF interests, right?
No, not at all.

I have been listening to KDF players scream for new mission content for 3 years. I have seen KDF players begging just to be allowed to play Fed mission so they didn't need to PvP or grind. And now you finally got it and you want to complain that it didn't come with a KDF only fanfare?

It's true. No matter what really nice stuff people get, they're never satisfied. Welcome to the 21st century.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 188
05-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Quote:
No, not at all.

I have been listening to KDF players scream for new mission content for 3 years. I have seen KDF players begging just to be allowed to play Fed mission so they didn't need to PvP or grind. And now you finally got it and you want to complain that it didn't come with a KDF only fanfare?

It's true. No matter what really nice stuff people get, they're never satisfied. Welcome to the 21st century.
I'm not really interested in your biases, or straw men, and none of this addresses the point being made. I'd suggest seizing a sense of objectivity before clicking the reply button next time.

The point was not about any sort of exclusive KDF-only update to the game. If you honestly cannot see how releasing this entry-level KDF content within the LoR framework is largely counterproductive, then we probably don't have much more to discuss.

Obviously, entry-level KDF content along side being able to create a level 1 KDF character is a plus... but it could be argued this ought to have been the case all along. But when this is pushed to live on the back of the core content and purpose of an update such as LoR, the inclusion of the KDF content in question tends to be more akin to table scraps than anything else.
Captain
# 189
05-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
The point was not about any sort of exclusive KDF-only update to the game. If you honestly cannot see how releasing this entry-level KDF content within the LoR framework is largely counterproductive, then we probably don't have much more to discuss.
No. The point is that you don't understand that players will be coming back to this game because they heard about LoR. And many of those players will be KDFers who left in frustration years ago. And they'll come back and click on the game and see a KDF Faction choice that has full mission content available to them from level 1. And because that content is there, rather then only having full Fed and full Rom, they might be more inclined to give the game another chance.

More KDF content is better for the KDF, no matter if the content comes on the back of LoR or just comes in like Alpha did: without any fanfare at all.

And it doesn't matter what they should have done years ago or all along. You can't change the past. You can only change the present and hope for a better future.

Last edited by thecosmic1; 05-21-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Commander
# 190
05-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Quote:
No. The point is that you don't understand that players will be coming back to this game because they heard about LoR. And many of those players will be KDFers who left in frustration years ago. And they'll come back and click on the game and see a KDF Faction choice that has full mission content available to them from level 1. And because that content is there, rather then only having full Fed and full Rom, they might be more inclined to give the game another chance.

More KDF content is better for the KDF, no matter if the content comes on the back of LoR or just comes in like Alpha did: without any fanfare at all.

And it doesn't matter what they should have done years ago or all along. You can't change the past. You can only change the present and hope for a better future.
gosh, you feddies are annoying. Would love to know how you all would have reacted if the situation was reversed.. dont bother answering, i wont read it.