Ensign
# 211
05-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
Yep!!

Veleen's going to be allying with the Federation, so I felt having her off-world contact be S31 would be fairly appropriate.

I'm thinking I might give her a Federation Ship, too. Her primary ship will still be a Warbird--thinking I'll go for a Mogai--but I think giving her a Fed Ship as a secondary would be a pretty good idea.
Nice, I thought mister Erda had something of Director Sloan about him. I am going KDF myself (essentially because I already have two Fed side chars, but also the Starfleet uniforms for the Romulans suck and look like my old bad fitting pajamas's). For my main ship I will go with a Mogai to. I think you should take a defiant as your second ship. Since it can cloak it is perfect for S31. My main Fed char is also caught up with S31, perhaps we can do a story arc sometimes.
Starfleet Veteran
# 212
05-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperion1980 View Post
Nice, I thought mister Erde had something of Director Sloan about him. I am going KDF myself (essentially because I already have two Fed side chars, but also the Starfleet uniforms for the Romulans suck and look like my old bad fitting pajamas's). For my main ship I will go with a Mogai, too. I think you should take a defiant as your second ship. Since it can cloak it is perfect for S31. My main Fed char is also caught up with S31, perhaps we can do a story arc sometimes.
Perhaps--we'll need to keep that in mind.

EDIT: Also, Tieria Erde is actually based less on Sloan and more on this guy. Though I guess I might have made him a bit Sloan-ish during the import from the source material.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld

Last edited by takeshi6; 05-20-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 213
05-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Here's the Romulan name generator I use - it's based on Diane Duane's Rihannsu novels, which the game also seems to like.
Thanks for that link. I've just made use of it myself. I thought this challenge would be over given the OPs original post date, but thought I'd have a distinctly amateur shot at it; given that I'm waiting on the servers being back up.... then the multi-Gigabyte patch.... then the queue of relaunchers.... and the crashes. So basically no STO now until tomorrow at the least!
Captain
# 214
05-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Having read a recent piece by Sander223, I've been inspired to write a piece which previously, I had thought I would never put up for public viewing. I must warn that this entry features Adult Themes, which I have tried to handle as tastefully as possible to stay within the bounds of decency, but to convey the depth of closeness and intimacy I have always felt between these characters. If anyone feels they may be offended by Adult Themes, please do not read it. As always, feedback and critique is greatly welcomed

For ease of reference/visualization, here're the actors I would cast if I was filming this tomorrow...

Marcus Kane - Matt Bomer
Kollaar - Dolph Lundgren
Wesley Cooper - Brad Pitt
Alix Kane - Zooey Deschanel
Maitre d' - George Clooney
Waiter - Trystan Gravelle
Sashimi Girl - Judy Greer
Leigh-Ann Parsons - Kate Beckinsale
Captain
# 215
05-21-2013, 03:30 PM
There we go. Not my finest piece in terms of character (That's what happens when I type while drinking ), but it conveys the type of character background I will be playing. Please note I know nothing about the story we will be playing for these guys beyond "They start as a farmer" so I just went with it. As such, it is set 2 months AFTER the estaablishment of the New Romulas colony.

Quote:
I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Also, what did you think of my entry?

I shall read it and comment when I have this Romulan Ale out of my system.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Starfleet Veteran
# 216
05-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
There we go. Not my finest piece in terms of character (That's what happens when I type while drinking ), but it conveys the type of character background I will be playing. Please note I know nothing about the story we will be playing for these guys beyond "They start as a farmer" so I just went with it. As such, it is set 2 months AFTER the estaablishment of the New Romulas colony.
Very nice. A Sleeper Agent who doesn't even know that they're a sleeper agent. Very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
I shall read it and comment when I have this Romulan Ale out of my system.
I look forward to reading what you think of my entry.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Lt. Commander
# 217
05-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Wrote a new ending. I prefer it.
Chewson Pwan - VA
S.S. Doff Lundgren
Rihannsu
# 218
05-21-2013, 05:42 PM
@marcus

(In reference to your latest posting for LC 40)

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. Writing about controversial topics like that is never easy (see my latest entry ) and you pulled it off in spades. Excellent work m8.
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
Lt. Commander
# 219
05-21-2013, 08:11 PM
I finally figured out a way to write myself out of the corner that I put myself in for Nahash's second entry. Here is the third entry in his story.

I am criminally behind in reading other people's entries.

@ russellca - welcome to the literary challenges. Starting from scratch on an unknown planet is an interesting idea. One suggestion - I recommend working on the fourth paragraph ("If fate had been merciful..."). It doesn't flow all that well.

More comments on other people's entries are forthcoming hopefully.
Captain
# 220
05-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane
Welcome back, I hope nothing too serious kept you from the forum :-\ Fantastic entry, Ta'nara is pretty hardcore, it'll be great to see her future adventures I really liked the description of the Breen raptor, it sounds like a magnificent creature
Nothing too serious. A bit of writer's block, admittedly, but also a lot of household chores in preparation for the family getting a new dog. Glad you liked it, though. I mainly devoted so much energy to the raptor just for a thematic tie in (re: raptor = symbol of the Romulans).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233
Great entry! I too loved the description you gave of the Brean raptor. And that hand-to-hand combat sequence was magnificently brutal.
Thank you. I figured that the Tal Shiar, being essentially the Romulan equivalent of the CIA/KGB/Mossad, would be very competent hand-to-hand fighters, and would all have a collective ruthless streak about them to make them extra deadly in a fight. Although writing that scene did make be wonder who would win in a three way fight between Ta'nara, K'Nera and Lynathru...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironphoenix113 View Post
Excellent read! The hand-to-hand combat sequence was well written, and the descriptions of the environment Ta'nara was in were fatastic
If I may ask, what did you think of my entry? (/shameless self-promotion)
I quite liked it! I had, admittedly, wondered how the other writers might handle a possible Romulan/Reman relationship, and I think you wrote Selana and Veril's quite wonderfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Well Done Mollari!
Thank you, patrickngo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zidanetribal View Post
That was a well-written fight scene in a well-written story. I will have to learn much from you discreetly.
Thank you. You have my blessing to continue your discreet learning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6
Fun entry, Molari.

I definitely hope that Veleen and Ta'nara can meet up in game sometime.
That would be interesting, though I can see them getting off to a thorny start-- what with Veleen seeing Ta'nara as a member of the mean, scary Tal Shiar, and Ta'nara seeing Veleen as the pawn of a foreign intelligence agency.

Anyway, I'm still reading through a lot of these entries, so I'll post some more comments on them soonish!

Last edited by ambassadormolari; 05-22-2013 at 10:51 AM.