Ensign
# 591
05-21-2013, 03:38 PM
We are all waiting to be let back on, likely the issue with the missing character slots is causing the downtime.
Career Officer
# 592
05-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirricwin View Post
Nothing to do with the patch. Its down to shoddy hardware which cant handle the load.
Instead of making smart *** comments...why not offer up an idea on how one could fix the problem, but I guess trolling is so much more fun....save your energy for trolling the Dev.'s as they clearly have dropped the ball yet again.

Anyhow I for one don't have "Shoddy" hardware to contend with so I would like a mature, intelligent reason for the log in issues.

Funny how I was laughing with my fleet last night that there would be issues....glad that as a LTM & Legacy Pack owner I wasn't proven wrong.....wtg PWE/Cryptic...

I hope you plan on offering a better product if you plan on having people spend hard earned money on your game.....the game is quickly becoming "Star Trek Offline"....I think it's about time you get your heads into the game & really fix your issues...

Instead of always saying sorry for your mistakes...why not take steps in assuring that they don't happen in the first place.

And still 4hrs almost after servers came back online no posted solution for log in issues nor a mention that you're working on it...again wtg Dev.'s !!!
Career Officer
# 593
05-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Q: I thought that you could unlock the Reman playable species in-game?
A: Yes, this is accurate. From the Legacy of Romulus Ask Cryptic: "Reman species are an account unlocked reward that will be added to the New Romulus Reputation or available for purchase." The Reman playable species can be purchased via the Legacy Pack or in the C-Store once Legacy of Romulus launches on 5/21.
Bought Legacy pack .. the above is INaccurate as of launch.
Remans are not an option for character creation.

-------Edit
After creating a character and getting my pack for the 2nd character, now it is working.

Last edited by euar0; 05-21-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Captain
# 594
05-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2754 View Post
Instead of making smart *** comments...why not offer up an idea on how one could fix the problem, but I guess trolling is so much more fun....save your energy for trolling the Dev.'s as they clearly have dropped the ball yet again.

Anyhow I for one don't have "Shoddy" hardware to contend with so I would like a mature, intelligent reason for the log in issues.
I believe he was specifically referring to Cryptic having servers that can't handle the load, rather than any issues with the player's computers.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Survivor of Romulus
# 595
05-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Just a quick update, from half an hour or so the patching has been ok again, good speed and done patching now.

I cannot still login though, due to the "login failed for unknown reason" error.

It's late for me, I'll go to bed, see you in game tomorrow!

Jolan'Tru!
Career Officer
# 596
05-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2754 View Post

Funny how I was laughing with my fleet last night that there would be issues....glad that as a LTM & Legacy Pack owner I wasn't proven wrong.....wtg PWE/Cryptic...

I hope you plan on offering a better product if you plan on having people spend hard earned money on your game.....the game is quickly becoming "Star Trek Offline"....I think it's about time you get your heads into the game & really fix your issues...

Instead of always saying sorry for your mistakes...why not take steps in assuring that they don't happen in the first place.

And still 4hrs almost after servers came back online no posted solution for log in issues nor a mention that you're working on it...again wtg Dev.'s !!!

Lol kid, grow up. If you think I'm a troll, you need to look in the mirror.

I'm also a Lifetime subscsriber and pre-purchased LoR, so dont try throwing that around in peoples face. You are not the only one who is being crippled even though you should have priority login access...

I was refering to the servers which clearly can not handle the player load.
It took me an hour to get online, about 6 minutes of which was downloading the patch.

PWE need to allow Cryptic to increase both the servers capability and the bandwidth for their games.

Last edited by sirricwin; 05-21-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 597
05-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Well, the prepatch apparently worked out for me. Took a few minutes for it to verify the stuff I already had, downloaded an additional 350 Mb or so, and launched just fine! Now stuck with an overloaded login server.
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
Ensign
# 598
05-21-2013, 05:04 PM
i just loged in to the game and got error message is siad it timed out for unknown reason
Ensign
# 599
05-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevkla1269 View Post
i just loged in to the game and got error message is siad it timed out for unknown reason
America is awake...?

Ensign
# 600
05-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterthorn View Post
America is awake...?

At last time when many players wanted log in we had waiting list. Why not now Cryplik? I am happy that for such "services" I did not pay a cent.