Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Starting own fleet
05-21-2013, 06:48 PM
How do i do it? Is it worth it? I had a mad urge lately to start a fleet of my own lol also im a fed tact if i make a fed engineer can i make a fleet then? N isit restricted to making a fleet once or can i make a fleet with as many different chars as i want?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2013, 06:54 PM
I will pray for you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2013, 06:56 PM
In order to start a fleet you need to get five unaffiliated players in a team (subject to the time restrictions if any of them are F2P I think) and talk to the fleet ambassador in your respective homeworld. Afterwards, you can boot the other four people if they were just along to help you form it and don't wish to stay.

Its worth is entirely up to you, really. A lot of people make their own fleets merely as an extension on their account bank, as a fully upgraded fleet bank can hold quite a lot of stuff, and you can invite all your alts into it. As far as actually building a full-fledged fleet with all its amenities, just be advised that you and anyone joining will ultimately need to contribute tens of millions of dilithium, among other massive amounts of other resources. If you can do it, more power to you, but there are plenty of existing fleets that would love to have you on board.

I believe you can probably start a fleet on each character, but honestly that would sort of be approaching madness.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2013, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkarie14 View Post
How do i do it? Is it worth it? I had a mad urge lately to start a fleet of my own lol also im a fed tact if i make a fed engineer can i make a fleet then? N isit restricted to making a fleet once or can i make a fleet with as many different chars as i want?
You need a full team of 5, all 5 characters need to have either a) more than 20 hours play time, or b) a Zen balance, and they all need to be on the same instance of ESD.

You can't log 2 or more characters on at once if they're on the same account, so if you want to really solo it, you'll need to either multibox 5 different accounts and team up with yourself, or ask in ESD for help making the team.
"But in-game I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason you were brought into the forums, that by knowing me here for a little, you might know me better there."
Commander
# 5
05-21-2013, 07:41 PM
As you've already seen, anyone can make a fleet. If you need more bank space, a private bank fleet is common and useful. If you're looking however to have a popular, lively fleet of many players, I wouldn't set hopes too high. You're not alone in wanting to start a fleet, pretty much everyone wants to boss one rather than join an existing one, which leaves many fleets out there looking for players where none are available. Unless you're rich or some famous person, you're best bet would be avoiding the already overcrowded public fleet market; unless you're not worried about spending lots of ec and dilithium for the possibility of little in return.