Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Skirts and the lack off
05-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Where are they for the Romulans? You guys designed them, the darn mannequin on the flottila sported one, where are they?

Im forced to wear half skirt that doesnt match any of the uniform jackets???

Id even break down and at least use the ferengi skirt...oh wait its fed only...or kdf only not ally friendly...grr

What is up with the lack of skirts in this game for non fed?

Also what is up with the diferent leg models used with diferent skirts?? Antares and Sierra my legs look thin, but the tos skirts my legs have some shape...and before people go well thats cause they are higher...look closer, its not just the thigh area..its the full leg that has a diferent shape to it

I asked for this back on test, the concept art was there, the stuff is shown ingame for npcs but its like we arent as special as npcs are or something...

I just want to see the skirts available to all if we ally fed we should get all the fed skirts available, the lobi skirts should go with whatever ally we sided with as well, kdf could use a couple more...not asking for the world, just something for us Romulans besides handme down pants and bulky boots...
Captain
# 2
05-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Lol, overall, I'd like to see more skirts, (& tops), for the female characters, period, but then again, to me, outfits are something I like to get in a game.

Herte's a novel idea.....KILTS!!!! for the Scotsmen out there, lol.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2013, 07:43 PM
How about they fix skirts first? I would really love to beam up without flashing all of ESD my knickers.
Captain
# 4
05-22-2013, 01:36 PM
I agree. that half skirt does not fit anything, I will never wear it.
Wish there was normal skirts.

Also... I would like to see the make option of that shirt with the half sleeves for female.
Ensign
# 5
05-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlnyghthawk View Post
Lol, overall, I'd like to see more skirts, (& tops), for the female characters, period, but then again, to me, outfits are something I like to get in a game.

Herte's a novel idea.....KILTS!!!! for the Scotsmen out there, lol.
There were kilts on the Enterprise D in early episodes of TNG. They didn't last long though. Might be a fun one to stick in the Lobi emporium?
Lieutenant
# 6
05-22-2013, 04:55 PM
There is one actual skirt on the Romulan side, but you have to buy the TOS costume on the C-store. It runs about 550 and it's called 22nd Century or something like that.
Lieutenant
# 7
05-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha1369 View Post
How about they fix skirts first? I would really love to beam up without flashing all of ESD my knickers.
I'd also like my character's legs to not become almost half as thin when I put on *any* skirt other than the TOS Split and TOS Nurse skirts.
------------------------------------------------

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
05-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantavi View Post
I'd also like my character's legs to not become almost half as thin when I put on *any* skirt other than the TOS Split and TOS Nurse skirts.
Ya i mentioned that in the top post as well...

also...apparently my F key stuck on the title thread lol

anyway...after finaly getting a romulan made on actual holodeck last night, made it to 16, and once again sat there going...wtf is my skirts

WHY AM I FORCED TO LOOK LIKE A BUM CRYPTIC???? gosh...romulan females arent allowed to look good?

(side note, hair styles still look fake, the new ones i mean, plus we didnt get any of the ones in the sketches /disapointed )

Back on course...Simple fix is to allow characters allied to have access to the allied stuff, but than we know where this leads...the oh boo hoo romulans now have more clothing than fed or kdf thread...so...the true simple fix is...give us our damn skirts and own unique dresses...also

wheres my off duty look? I had it on test, but now it wont let me choose that anymore for my Romulan...stuck looking like a guerilla fighter since MAY 21 2013 (lets see how bad that seems in a years time)
Career Officer
# 9
05-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallbrainfield View Post
There were kilts on the Enterprise D in early episodes of TNG. They didn't last long though. Might be a fun one to stick in the Lobi emporium?
how do you know they were kilts? Did you look up every male crewman's skirt to see if he wasn't wearing underwear? Back on Topic, I'd like to see more skirt options, and even for the Fed crew I have on my Warbird I'd like them to wear the Romulan outfits even have the hairs... wonder why Vulcan's only have the updo and the Romulans only have the bangs?

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Captain
# 10
05-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Speaking of kilts...

Montgomery Scott wore a kilt quite often as part of his TOS Dress Uniform.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.