Ensign
I'm curious whether or not the general consensus is to move on to the next game or stick it out with STO. I'm not going to lie, I've enjoyed the game since I started playing. On the flip side I have put a lot of money into it and time which makes these large amounts of lost time all the more frustrating. Most games have hiccups, the quantity and severity of the hiccups really dictates how tolerable they are. Over the past three weeks we have had three major hiccups that have put the game out of reach for it's players for 5 hours or longer. So, the question is does this latest hiccup finally push you to another game or are you too invested or too big of a fan to throw in the towel? Secondary question if you are through with STO what MMO would you be leaving for?
Captain
# 2
05-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Yes, STO is worth the hassle and you would have to be a fool not to see that. The current hiccup is due to the thousands of people who want to play this new expansion. Every new game or big expansion release is accompanied by the kind of server overload we're seeing today. Tough it out and enjoy the game in a couple of hours when the majority of the Yanks have gone to bed.
Ensign
# 3
05-21-2013, 09:19 PM
What if you're a yank? So 1-0 for "worth the hassle".
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacsheadroom View Post
Yes, STO is worth the hassle and you would have to be a fool not to see that. The current hiccup is due to the thousands of people who want to play this new expansion. Every new game or big expansion release is accompanied by the kind of server overload we're seeing today. Tough it out and enjoy the game in a couple of hours when the majority of the Yanks have gone to bed.
yup great way to run your company and form sound sof it this is common then......
NOT a good sign. just think ive spent 3 times what subscribers paid for life time and yet im havent been able to technically play now since the patch....and if i do get in sec i do anything i get disconnected so is a queue THIS large a sign they have stupid management or what....
YOU SHOULD AS A BUSINESS ANTICIPATE THIS extra NEED but as im told they put everyone on one server and add two of there other games....
its funny i was able to get in to tribble and move about but that's so fun i can just hurl.

UP till now i was a bit nice about it knowing ya you get reporters and reviewers and ya peeps that never play ......BUT a 20000 or 21000 queuje when every 10 minutes i get like 50 lower..go do that math son it will be days before i get in and IVE PAID MONEY FOR THIS?

this same crap happened on the test tribble and i gave up beta testing for them...now this is 5 times worse literally....

in fact when ya minimize your online thing i guess it stops you moving up the queue for good too, been at 980 out of 4300 , now 980 out of 7600 WOOT GO GO GO queue size while i get no where.

i fell like saying it , i want my money back
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
05-21-2013, 09:28 PM
STO is just another game to me.
A very good game (for F2P).
And that is all.
I do NOT want to use ARC to play STO

"Far as I see it, you people been given the shortest end of the stick ever been offered a human soul in this crap-heel 'verse. But you took that end, and you - well, you took it. And that's - Well, I guess that's somethin'." - Some Random Guy's Epic Quote
Ensign
# 6
05-21-2013, 09:29 PM
2-1 worth it so far.
Ensign
# 7
05-21-2013, 09:33 PM
simple math lifetime is on sale for 199 and the que for anyone to get in the server is at last check is 5006 out of 6000 and change= money not well spent. why would anyone buy lifetime subscribe or even wait in a que for free 2 play. its simply not worth the time. if u add up all of the people who are in the que decided to buy a thousand zen that's 50k, and that's not even counting what they make every month in subcriptions. They had plenty of money and time to keep this from happening and like most game companies they don't seem to want to plan ahead to ensure there customers are happy. to answer the question at hand I may try again in two weeks and see if its better, hopefully it will be.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by privatenormy View Post
simple math lifetime is on sale for 199 and the que for anyone to get in the server is at last check is 5006 out of 6000 and change= money not well spent. why would anyone buy lifetime subscribe or even wait in a que for free 2 play. its simply not worth the time. if u add up all of the people who are in the que decided to buy a thousand zen that's 50k, and that's not even counting what they make every month in subcriptions. They had plenty of money and time to keep this from happening and like most game companies they don't seem to want to plan ahead to ensure there customers are happy. to answer the question at hand I may try again in two weeks and see if its better, hopefully it will be.
i call bull**** on you
it changes every time ya try to load up
right before that i was 20000 of 21000
i quit tried again was 5300 of 5500
it lowered at about 50 per ten minutes till it got to 980 and then that 5300 number just kept going up and up and when it got to 7600 with no change after a hour i say SCREW THIS ****

and like i said ive spent 3 times as much as a lifer and had planed on a lot even bought into this foundry to get into that .....ya know screw it...i do not play a game ot get stress , its to be fun or i dont play it.

ask yourself this, are we having fun yet?
funny only way i get into the game is tribble OH thats so fun ....NOT
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
05-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Just a few chaotic days every time a new season is launched, and some server crashes... So yes, for me STO still worth it
In every time,
in every place,
the deeds of men
remain the same...
Ensign
# 10
05-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Sorry to say this but .i did get on line last night it is looking a lot better.but i was very tired when i got in as the cues were stupido.i have woken up and i just wonted to get on line to see if my selling spree had done me some good. like i do most mornings and im 980 out of 980.

this is stupid,and annoying. can i have the money back that that i have spent on this game back please.also the zen can i have back as money.which is still in my account.

As i dont beleieve you guys do not have the no how to resolve these problems. all your gonna do is wait till people get board as you wont put in extra band width and extra memory which you deinfinatly require on yoru servers.coss you spent too much on development.Oh

just a thought sack the manergers that are in charge for all the outagies in the last 2 months as well.

Lord monty