# 11
05-21-2013, 11:01 PM
oh and you cant even get my joining date right either thats sucks

Lord Monty
Career Officer
# 12
05-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Three years plus and I'm still here...

Believe me, todays hiccup is nothing compared to some of the stuff that has happened around here in the past...

Totally worth the LTS I acquired back in Feb '11 and still worth every penny I've spent since then.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
05-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Nothing changes, the game has been getting progressively worse since F2P, not better. I quit a long time ago, I come back every now and again to see if they've changed. The answer is they never change. Greed is their primary motivator and I don't mean in a typical self sustaining way. Now they even monetized the trait system. No wonder why they kept delaying it, they wanted to slap an even bigger $$$ to it than just respec.

Now I can't even look at the game without my eyes bleeding from "useless textures" being stripped from the base.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Ensign
# 14
05-22-2013, 12:57 AM
The voting stands at:
Not worth it - 5
Worth It - 3

Kind of surprised the "worth it" vote is not winning, the more you play something the more loyal you tend to be to it because you are more and more invested.

THIS JUST IN:
Shard coming down for maintenance again. That's gonna hurt the vote.
Captain
# 15
05-22-2013, 01:26 AM
Worth the hassle? I dunno. Do I complain sometimes? Yes, mea culpa. Five minutes after I hit the 'Send' button, I am over myself. Toting all that baggage around everywhere gets to be tiresome. Does the game have problems? Yes. Do they get fixed? Yes. Would I like them fixed faster? Yes. I suppose this attitude makes me like the majority of players. I am willing to put up with errors and glitches and hiccups or whatever we're calling them to a point. Because I can remind myself STO is only a game. Not a lifestyle choice. It is not the only way I can get my daily Star Trek fix. I have Netflix and a currently unused computer with WinXP on it. That computer has Bridge Commander and Armada and SFC III installed. However, STO is currently my addiction of choice.

It has been impossible to login and play since I got home from work and I was really looking forward to enjoying some of the new content for an hour or two. I suspected things such as are going on right now would happen. I am willing to reduce my game time to compensate for the fact they would occur. But the longer and more frequently they occur means some other MMO has acquired the ability to capture my interest and attention and ultimately, my coin, longer and more frequently.

It has been worth the hassle so far. I am hoping it continues to be worth the hassle.
Why do I enjoy JJTrek?

Because I can. Just sayin'

Remember, Kids - Every Doom Is Awesome!
Commander
# 16
05-22-2013, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philfixit View Post
As i dont beleieve you guys do not have the no how to resolve these problems.
Oh come on... they apparently do not have the know-how to make the over-the-shoulder cam option persistent, and save/load it from a config file, so instead, they just remove the thing and force everyone to use an over-the-shoulder view, that you can't even scroll-wheel in to first-person-view with.

Why is it so hard to believe they can't resolve the other problems?

(sorry devs, but for the life of me I can't understand how you guys ever thought that was a good idea... I won't be doing any ground action in the future because of it, and it was also enough to change my mind, against buying a lifetime subscription while it is on sale)

-- Smoov
Commander
# 17
05-22-2013, 01:59 AM
I kinda like STO, but then again I am a very casual player. It gives me my Star Trek fix.

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1 Playtester
Lieutenant
# 18
05-22-2013, 02:05 AM
Not long ago, something like 2 months, it would have been i very clear "YES", but then it started going down rapidly. Right now i am at the point where i just want to play the new content and then probably be done with it. The way how this update went and all the negative things that come with it (anybody noticed the mail attachment limit, yet?), not to mention all the reported bugs on tribble that have NOT been fixed, makes that a clear NO. I am not even sure i will even bother to look at that new content.

So make this a clear "NO" vote now. PWE is pure greed now.
Career Officer
# 19
05-22-2013, 02:14 AM
I don't know what this hassle you people speak of is, it seems to be more mental than reality based. With that said, whether there is a hassle thing or not, I love this game, will play it forever(or until the servers shut down for good) along with a few other MMO's I love.

So I guess that's a "worth it" vote.

Joined August 2009
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
05-22-2013, 09:42 AM
They need to spend a bit more $$$ on infrastructure, like double! They claim a gazillion users promoting the game yet when only thousands of idle players who have been away come back and play at the same time as regular players, its H*LL!
"All I ask is a tall ship and a star... to steer her by." You... You could feel the wind at your back in those days. The sounds of the sea... beneath you, and even if you take away the wind and the water... it's still the same. The ship is yours. You can feel her. And the stars are still there, Bones. ~ James T. Kirk | Imgur

Last edited by defcon1776; 05-22-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Activate [Troll Mitigation Console MK XII]