Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 421
# 21
05-22-2013, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
Or start a bank fleet on an alt......... Its alot more storage.
I will probably do that, won't solve the doff problem though


Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathomas View Post
You've gotta be siting on a ginormous pile of fleetcredits boots, you wont notice when you open the airlock and set them free...plus you'll be off the starbase in half the time. Now if you're talking alts who are looking for doffs, yeah, this is a problem.
I have very little fleet credits, it all gets fed back into the starbase trying to get the 90 medical and security needed a day.

Of course I will no longer do that because of the mailbox limit. And airlocking doffs is a waste, so I'll let my numbers dwindle on their own.

I know of at least one player that has 100k+ science doffs, his reaction will be interesting
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,616
# 22
05-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootyboots View Post
I will probably do that, won't solve the doff problem though




I have very little fleet credits, it all gets fed back into the starbase trying to get the 90 medical and security needed a day.

Of course I will no longer do that because of the mailbox limit. And airlocking doffs is a waste, so I'll let my numbers dwindle on their own.

I know of at least one player that has 100k+ science doffs, his reaction will be interesting
well if you use a blank alt you could store up to 100
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 838
# 23
05-22-2013, 12:55 AM
Sooo... since I haven't seen a link, did they actually announce this somewhere, bury it in patch notes, or is it indicated in the UI somewhere? I ask since this seems waaaay too stupid to do without warning of some kind.

This isn't going to be another S7 STF screw-up is it? You know, where one change is so bad that it overshadows all of the good aspects of what was added?

Okay, probably not, but added to the "Preset Philosophy" of the new character creation system, added farming for marks (at an apparently slower rate than even Romulan Marks), nonfunctional (or simply bugged) traits, and so on... not so impressed by the Romulans thanks to all of the other things that got borked along the way.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 421
# 24
05-22-2013, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
well if you use a blank alt you could store up to 100
i personally collect hundreds a day (my main KDF starbase goes though 690 doffs a day not counting the embassy)

to get any meaningful number of medical and security doffs, you have to open hundreds of doff packs. Which leads to an excess to doffs in other categories

normally I would mailbox that excess to spread out to other fleets, however that is no longer possible. Dismissing doffs is a waste, and the exchange value of those doffs will plummet further (not to mention the 40 slot cap).

Basically this change will cripple starbase progression, with only engineering ever having a chance at reaching t-5
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 640
# 25
05-22-2013, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootyboots View Post
I will probably do that, won't solve the doff problem though




I have very little fleet credits, it all gets fed back into the starbase trying to get the 90 medical and security needed a day.

Of course I will no longer do that because of the mailbox limit. And airlocking doffs is a waste, so I'll let my numbers dwindle on their own.

I know of at least one player that has 100k+ science doffs, his reaction will be interesting
Uggh... I have so many doffs in cryo stored to help the inevitable sb upgrades beyond 5 and now I'm being punished? I know stos reason to exist is to gouge every player but seriously... deliberately setting high sb requirements and limiting the number of doffs you can store is really unfair and more so disgusting as it will only clobber the fleets yet not upgraded fully
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 421
# 26
05-22-2013, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadandcircuses View Post
Sooo... since I haven't seen a link, did they actually announce this somewhere, bury it in patch notes, or is it indicated in the UI somewhere? I ask since this seems waaaay too stupid to do without warning of some kind.
no mention of it anywhere it seems. I confirmed it when I noticed I couldn't seed more than a 100 attachments and had other confirm too.

We could self-mail 100 attachments, then mails would no longer go though to ourselves or to the others that hit the limit.

Which is probably why people aren't getting returned exchange items
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 27
05-22-2013, 01:06 AM
If any of them are Nausican Geologists or Botanists I could make you an offer
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 731
# 28
05-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootyboots View Post
no mention of it anywhere it seems. I confirmed it when I noticed I couldn't seed more than a 100 attachments and had other confirm too.

We could self-mail 100 attachments, then mails would no longer go though to ourselves or to the others that hit the limit.

Which is probably why people aren't getting returned exchange items
It physically won't let you mail a 101st attachment or it is lost to the void? If the former, it's a problem, if the latter it's an extremely huge problem.

I have over 100 'mail slots' on my account and was able to receive additional mail with items, so is it counting all old mail as being at 0?
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,616
# 29
05-22-2013, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootyboots View Post
i personally collect hundreds a day (my main KDF starbase goes though 690 doffs a day not counting the embassy)

to get any meaningful number of medical and security doffs, you have to open hundreds of doff packs. Which leads to an excess to doffs in other categories

normally I would mailbox that excess to spread out to other fleets, however that is no longer possible. Dismissing doffs is a waste, and the exchange value of those doffs will plummet further (not to mention the 40 slot cap).

Basically this change will cripple starbase progression, with only engineering ever having a chance at reaching t-5
Seems to me a drop in the price of these doffs would benifit everyone.

You sell the ones you cant use now and get a small amount of money.

In time you find you need doffs that you sold so you go back to the exchange and find they are worth less or equal to when you sold them.

Fleets who perhaps don't have alot of people benifit from more and cheeper starbase food.

Your sold doffs allow more people in more fleets to collect fleet credits and level their starbases faster.

Only downside I see is to the bottom line of the people who exclusively sell doffs.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,204
# 30
05-22-2013, 01:14 AM
How about getting a few more people in the fleet to contribute so you do not have to do 600+ doffs a day? Or are you running a fleet solo and looking to make T5 all by your lonesome? Thats a serious question btw. I myself do not understand why someone would want to do a whole fleet and spend everyday grinding to upgrade it solo. just 10 people makes that 600 doffs just 60 each so the math screams group effort for the reward. Also having more than yourself in the fleet you get more to help grind for fleet contributions and have time to actualy do something for fun.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:05 AM.