Commander
Well, I just had an interesting experience in Ker'rat. I ran into a sci, with 6 points on sensors. It gave him a whopping ~250 stealth detection. Then he triggered EptA, and he got 500.000 stealth detection. He could see me from about 30km away.

Of course, stealth detection is important, with all the Romulans floating around, but this doesn't sound right. Also, note: He didn't have sensor scan active at the moment. We ran a little test, and without EptA, he couldn't see me at all. I was running at 100 aux at the moment, with *no* points in Starship Stealth.

I know people reported this on tribble too. Wth cryptic?
Julius - Klingon Tactical Officer, B'rel Bird of Prey // Rujan - Klingon Science Officer, Temporal Science Vessel
Marcellus - Romulan Tactical Officer, Scimitar Warbird // Aurelius - Klingon Science Officer, B'rel Bird of Prey
Hadrian, Romulan Tactical Officer, Fleet T'varo Retrofit
Captain
# 2
05-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaegernl View Post
Well, I just had an interesting experience in Ker'rat. I ran into a sci, with 6 points on sensors. It gave him a whopping ~250 stealth detection. Then he triggered EptA, and he got 500.000 stealth detection. He could see me from about 30km away.

Of course, stealth detection is important, with all the Romulans floating around, but this doesn't sound right. Also, note: He didn't have sensor scan active at the moment. We ran a little test, and without EptA, he couldn't see me at all. I was running at 100 aux at the moment, with *no* points in Starship Stealth.

I know people reported this on tribble too. Wth cryptic?
You have no points in starship stealth and you think its wrong that he could see you so far away?

I got news for you.. pre-patch a ship with 0 stealth was visible to a ship with 125 aux at about 8km. The only reason the 0-stealth ships could get away with it was because lag delayed the display of their ships on the other guy's end for a few seconds..enough to get inside 5km range. Controlled tests however show 0 stealth vs 125 aux detect bonus = 8km vis.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Commander
# 3
05-22-2013, 10:28 AM
You don't see the problem with EptA giving 500k Stealth Detection? Even a full spec in Starship Stealth will do nothing versus that.
Julius - Klingon Tactical Officer, B'rel Bird of Prey // Rujan - Klingon Science Officer, Temporal Science Vessel
Marcellus - Romulan Tactical Officer, Scimitar Warbird // Aurelius - Klingon Science Officer, B'rel Bird of Prey
Commander
# 4
05-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Also, without EptA he couldn't even see me at all, even at 1km.
Empire Veteran
# 5
05-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
You don't see the problem with EptA giving 500k Stealth Detection?
This is a bug. It was on Tribble, and supposedly got fixed. Unfortunate to see it back.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Commander
# 6
05-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
This is a bug. It was on Tribble, and supposedly got fixed. Unfortunate to see it back.
Yeah, I figured as much. Now if I could just get into the server, I'd file a ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I figured as much. Now if I could just get into the server, I'd file a ticket.
yeah 500K stealth detection is really unbelievable, but stealth detection should be improved I think.