Ensign
# 1 NO Audio
05-22-2013, 11:02 AM
I love the new look, but with out sound this game is wack!!! AND YES I HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF REALTECK...I have been playing for a month now and was deciding wheather or not to invest in a lifetime membership or a regular membership...Wow, after all these problems...I really wonder if it is worth it...for me, time will tell...
Captain
# 2
05-22-2013, 11:18 AM
I'm deaf, what do I care?
Career Officer
# 3
05-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakkazulu8 View Post
I love the new look, but with out sound this game is wack!!! AND YES I HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF REALTECK...I have been playing for a month now and was deciding wheather or not to invest in a lifetime membership or a regular membership...Wow, after all these problems...I really wonder if it is worth it...for me, time will tell...
My want to roll back your driver or check that you have the proper audio device selected as it sounds like an issue with your local PC (I run a soundblaster on my desktop, but have RealTek HD audio on my laptop with no LoR sound issues; but I have had sound issues on the laptop in the past, and it usually has boiled down to an issue with a RealTek driver or config issue.)

It's one reason I avoid RealTek whenever possible as STO isn't the only game I've had sound issues with using a RealTek audio chipset.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."