Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Captain
# 11
05-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Not touching Tholian rep till (if?) they get adjusted. Alt-itis, 9 toons with Romulan 5 and Omega 4 rep (and haven't even started my Romulans yet), and doing so again at this dramatically reduced rate of progression is so impractical I don't even wanna bother. Doesn't help that the passives aren't as good, the gear unlocks are more specialized, and the pinnacle power makes me go 'meh.' Reward needs to be worth the time investment after all, and it really is a balancing game.

Plus if the fleet marks have been removed from Nukara for this stuff, boooo. Getting 300 marks an hour there was my main source of fleet stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake122svk View Post
The Crystalline Entity on Elite gives 40 Nukara Marks. Of course, right now it is borked and can't really be completed... good riddance Craptic.

I have 150 Tholian marks per alt now because I turned in my Crystalline sets. Those will run out eventually, but I can't be bothered to grind 15 min missions for 13 Marks. Now or ever. I suppose the Crystalline Entity on normal is acceptable, if it's still as braindead as it was during the event, I'm just not sure how often can it be repeated.

Where did you find the Nukara rep projects to turn in or register the old Crystalline sets? I logged in and only saw the two basic rep projects under Nukara.
Captain
# 13
05-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Man, I was not looking forward to another reputation grind but to find out they made it harder with mediocre mark rewards is like a final nail in the coffin. I don't plan on purchasing anything from tholian rep store and I doubt those passives will give me an edge.
I want an official persistent officer title.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
UFP Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Career Officer
# 14
05-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
Not sure what PW was thinking here. The Nukara Rep grind is horribly slow compared to the other ones. With those payouts getting tier 4 and 5 will take a long time.
This isn't PW.

This is the Cryptic Systems team area.

What are they thinking? I really don't know.

I'm not sure what is supposed to be fun about grinding out this kind of content.

Why they do not create new STF like content for Rom Rep, Nukara, etc., escapes me.

Captain
# 15
05-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiederichs View Post
Where did you find the Nukara rep projects to turn in or register the old Crystalline sets? I logged in and only saw the two basic rep projects under Nukara.
Should be under the Upgrades option in the character Reputation tab, that's where it was on Tribble (I cant look right now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Why they do not create new STF like content for Rom Rep, Nukara, etc., escapes me.
Maybe they want people to pick a rep, instead of doing them all. Guessing
Republic Veteran
# 16
05-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Not touching Tholian rep till (if?) they get adjusted. Alt-itis, 9 toons with Romulan 5 and Omega 4 rep (and haven't even started my Romulans yet), and doing so again at this dramatically reduced rate of progression is so impractical I don't even wanna bother. Doesn't help that the passives aren't as good, the gear unlocks are more specialized, and the pinnacle power makes me go 'meh.' Reward needs to be worth the time investment after all, and it really is a balancing game.

Plus if the fleet marks have been removed from Nukara for this stuff, boooo. Getting 300 marks an hour there was my main source of fleet stuff.
Yes, i pretty much agree with this post, but me with 14 toons? Yikes! Not doing Tholian Rep until a better way to get marks comes along....period!
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Ensign
# 17
05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
I agree with everything here about low marks... tho i will get my nukara rep to first stage for a extra skill but thats it ..... coz this is like hardcore farming .... no tnx ...... i rather get 70+ marks like Elite STF coz i also have multiple toons to farm marks not enough time and getting it to tier 5 takes weeks even if you do it daily .....
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
Should be under the Upgrades option in the character Reputation tab, that's where it was on Tribble (I cant look right now)

Hmm. I show no Upgrades available. Guess I have to start some normal Nukara Rep projects first...
Rihannsu
# 19
05-22-2013, 02:19 PM
The supposed Dev argument is that STFs are more difficult than other PvE content, so award more. And I'm ok with that, *IF*...

However, they need to create STFs (at least one each) for Romulan and Nukara Reps systems. Ones of similar difficulty to the Omega STFs that award the same Marks, Dilithium, and EC (through random gear drops).

Further, both Omega and Nukara need a ~20 minute "Daily Patrol" similar to the Tau Dewa Sector Block mission that rewards 60 appropriate Marks (75 during Event time). Basically, a medium Space PvE Daily.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Republic Veteran
# 20
05-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Further, both Omega and Nukara need a ~20 minute "Daily Patrol" similar to the Tau Dewa Sector Block mission that rewards 60 appropriate Marks (75 during Event time). Basically, a medium Space PvE Daily.
That's a pretty awesome idea, actually.
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.