Captain
# 31
05-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
In dev blog #20 they have stated that they are fixing the decloak problem so we will no longer drop out of cloak every time a bridge officer sneezes!!!

"We also updated several Cardassian and Borg themed episodes for inclusion in the Klingon?s storyline. New dialog options were added to make them feel more in-line with the Empire?s goals, and an effort was made to make many parts of the game friendlier to cloaked ships! Yes, that?s right; we can now take steps to ensure that your First Officer doesn?t pull your ship out of cloak just to tell you that nothing can be found on the scanners. It?s a slow and involved process to make all the Klingon missions ?cloak friendly,? so give us some time. It?s one aspect of the game we will continue to improve upon in the future."

WOOOO!!
Hopefully they're fixing that for ALL cloaking ships.

The game ahs TWO cloak heavy factions now, I doubt the ROmulans like being booted into view because they're getting a status update ont eh repairs to deck fours grav plating.
Rihannsu
# 32
05-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
Hopefully they're fixing that for ALL cloaking ships.

The game ahs TWO cloak heavy factions now, I doubt the ROmulans like being booted into view because they're getting a status update ont eh repairs to deck fours grav plating.
Oh, the RR story missions were written with the new tech. :p RR has nothing to worry about in their story missions.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 33
05-22-2013, 03:28 PM
yeah, as they explained, the problem is not with the ships or the cloaks at all, the game engine is programmed to decloak you when a contact dialogue window pops up, so the "fix" is to go back and retrofit existing missions to use more of the popup mini dialogues whenever possible. Cryptic still wants to decloak you for some of the dialogue windows, but you'll get less of those because they can use the mini dialogues for the less important stuff.
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
05-22-2013, 03:34 PM
I don't know why, but I'm reading the "WE FIXD EEEET" spiel as more of a workaround rather than an actual fix.
Forgive me, for I am stressed, pessimistic and drunk!
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}
Cryptic Studios Team
# 35
05-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
yeah, as they explained, the problem is not with the ships or the cloaks at all, the game engine is programmed to decloak you when a contact dialogue window pops up, so the "fix" is to go back and retrofit existing missions to use more of the popup mini dialogues whenever possible. Cryptic still wants to decloak you for some of the dialogue windows, but you'll get less of those because they can use the mini dialogues for the less important stuff.
This is a little bit off, but close. Any time any sort of interaction happens, this interrupts the cloak power. This can be a dialog pop-up, but it can also include certain mini-contacts or even triggers for events or FX. We can set up the engine to work around this in many cases but it must be done on a case-by-case basis, it can't be done for everything, and there are cases where we may not want to do so.
Captain
# 36
05-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Yeah, convenient how they 'fix' this right when the accursed Romulans are being released.

Oh well, at least it's getting done.
They're only doing it on a select few maps. And I predicted the cloak bug would get looked at when Romulans came about ages ago. I mean it wasn't a bold prediction. Romulans were going to have cloaks. But dammit, I was all up on that so I'm going to gloat? brag? something.
Captain
# 37
05-31-2013, 01:39 AM
My fed, as of today, is still uncloaking at every thing, including the dialog in the Vault mission against the Tholians. I can understand needing to decloak to do things like scanning or fighting and such, but just talking to bridge officers still seems a bit much.