Survivor of Romulus
# 11
05-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Green women in bikinis.

'nuff said.
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, sultan of stun, captain of things obvious and people oblivious.
The only one who dislikes the oddy outfit. Would love a t5 TMP Constitution class or a Fleet K'tinga revamp!
In memoriam, exploration clusters, a victim of the great content massacre. 2010-2014.
Career Officer
# 12
05-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgyor View Post
The Romulans ships are not better, plus the Romulans have no Carriers or Hybred Carriers. Ground wise the KDF gets the Jackal Mastiff which awesome.
Yet...
Empire Veteran
# 13
05-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezzin View Post
Yet...
Exactly, but you can get a KDF carrier for free. If you'd like to get a Scimitar, which is almost certainly going to be the Rommie carrier, you're going to be coughing up a minimum of 2500 Zen.
Career Officer
# 14
05-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Why play KDF ? Isn't it obvious ? To find out how far those ridges really go down......
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Captain
# 15
05-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Klingons still have Bird of Prey ships with all universal bridge officer slots. Something Romulans and Federation players don't have at tier 5
Empire Veteran
# 16
05-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Because I can and Klingon/KDF is my favorite fandom. We now have a wonderful tutorial and content to offer an alternative to playing fed and you can even go romulan if alien, klingon,LBklingon,wormthingy,reman,romulan,leathea n,gorn, those lovely orions, nauscicans, ferasin, and other races.
We have much to offer.
Captain
# 17
05-22-2013, 05:50 PM
I will still play my KDF. As I love being a Klingon. I can either shoot my enemy, or hack into them with my blade. The ships are very nice as well.

Just because the Romulans came out. Won't mean the end of my Klingon I play.
Empire Veteran
# 18
05-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Ahhh.. a better question might be...

"Why NOT play KDF?"

Show a sense of adventure. Everyone knows what the Federation is about. What a stale OLD story. You all realize that out there in TV land Michel Dorn (Worf) has be pushing the idea of a Klingon centric Trek series right? (He won't be able to use "Battlecruiser Vengence" but go Michel go! Make it happen)

Being Klingon doesn't mean that a person is a froth at the mouth if it moves shoot it type. (Thats what Fed TAC captains are for) Klingons love to fight, but they kind of insist on a decent reason for doing so. There is just as much depth and complexity to Klingons as there are with Japans Samuri class of the 13th to 19th centuries.

Play Klingon, and be part of making the stories, and the culture a real thing.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Career Officer
# 19
05-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Honestly, I found the T2 Rom Warbird to be so terrible (both the free and zen versions) that I am using the T2 KDF BoP (zen ship) and rocked the house. The Rommie ships at low Tier have such crappy power output when put against the KDF or FED versions of the same Tier. Basically what I am saying is that the Rommie ships are not better at all. If I had to guess, I would say maybe it's your gaming style that is clashing with the Rommies.

Just be happy there is a third faction. A third faction that mirrors the KDF. It will only help to benefit future KDF content and patches.
Ensign
# 20
05-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgyor View Post
The Romulans ships are not better, plus the Romulans have no Carriers or Hybred Carriers. Ground wise the KDF gets the Jackal Mastiff which awesome.
Don't follow your reasoning. My Romulan KDF aligned has access to every kdf ship that my klingon does. Being Romulan just allows for MORE ship choices, any romulan ship or any ship allowed by the faction that character is allied with.