Ensign
ok so i have been getting into the exchange buying and selling things to get EC and i was able to obtain a zero one engineer consultant and ALL the ones on exchange vary from 99mill-200mill and i put mine up for 88mill thiiking its less then the others but still no one has baught it and its been a while so how do i get people to buy things that are more expensive iv never had a problemm with my stuff thats 10k-5mill but i cant seem to sell this Doff

btw he gives extra expertise as his Doff bonus and is purple
To understand the underlying philosophy of the Sith. The dark side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must SEEK POWER ABOVE ALL ELSE WITH NO RESERVATION OR HESITATION.
Captain
# 2
05-22-2013, 08:32 PM
Did you try searching under the exact category and rarity quality?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Commander
# 3
05-22-2013, 08:32 PM
With really expensive objects the only advice I can offer is to check the exchange regularly and make sure yours is always the cheapest. It doesn't have to be by a lot like you have, 1 million will do, as long as it is at the top of the list someone will buy it first, that's just how people think.

I had a doff sell for 126 million EC, took more than a week. So hold in there.
Ensign
# 4
05-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Did you try searching under the exact category and rarity quality?
yes im not serching all or whatever

and bud what Doff whas he? name and bonus
To understand the underlying philosophy of the Sith. The dark side offers power for power's sake. You must crave it. Covet it. You must SEEK POWER ABOVE ALL ELSE WITH NO RESERVATION OR HESITATION.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Remember...

Not everyone can have more than 10million EC - i can not yet.
People who can have more might already have that card or not require it.
Some might want it but just can not afford it yet.

All depends on the time, how much ec they have and how fast they can make it, i trade alot of low end item a few k cheaper than others if i can not be bothered to re-list i replicate ofc i woudlnt do that with a high valued item =P

Also might have more luck weekends, though i bet some of the smart buyrs try and buy weekdays.
Ensign
# 6
05-23-2013, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x0ligy View Post
Remember...

Not everyone can have more than 10million EC - i can not yet.
People who can have more might already have that card or not require it.
Some might want it but just can not afford it yet.

All depends on the time, how much ec they have and how fast they can make it, i trade alot of low end item a few k cheaper than others if i can not be bothered to re-list i replicate ofc i woudlnt do that with a high valued item =P

Also might have more luck weekends, though i bet some of the smart buyrs try and buy weekdays.

i assumed they sell better on weekends since theres so many more people BUT for something more expensive and something so rare that theres only 3-4 on the exchange at a time they would get it during the weekdays so they can have it cheap and i know not all can have more then 10mill only resently started trading and getting my but in gear with EC so i got the expansion to 1bill i was mayby thinking i could trade it for that assimilated destroyer when the price comes down to 80mill so that the other player can make a bit more off it then he would the destroyer but that seems like sooooo long
Career Officer
# 7
05-23-2013, 10:14 PM
You have to keep in mind that for Very Expensive slow moving items, the prices you see posted on the Exchange are the prices that are not selling...

When you are posting something on the Exchange, something you should consider is how long will it take for the buyer of the object to make up for the costs of purchase from the additional benefit of the object... If he can't, what does that say about the price you are offering it for...
Ensign
Hello i was asking how can i sell the starter stuff you get for your ship and character (Standard Issue) just cause i want a little more money i am new to this game so a little noobie
Career Officer
# 9
05-31-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ho10 View Post
Hello i was asking how can i sell the starter stuff you get for your ship and character (Standard Issue) just cause i want a little more money i am new to this game so a little noobie
The Simple answer is YOU CAN'T. Starter stuff is bound to you, and has Zero Credit value... You can sell Mission rewards, as most are character/account bind on use.
Ensign
# 10
05-31-2013, 09:08 AM
One way of making EC...

In missions, grab everything that drops. Let your inventory get full, then discard the items within for credits. More than likely, you won't get the full value that the description says it's worth, but you'll get some - and some is better than none.