Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Whoever does the itemization really needs a brain check. While I understand itemization and 'item balance' is hard to achieve; but let's be real here. Changing reward drops is pretty easy to do(iin comparison to other changes) and theres tons of content that gets 0 play-time cause it's not worth the effort.

The whole nakura rep just reaks of the same itemization as some of those...
Captain
# 22
05-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rast1qq View Post
We need tholian epohhs !

Can you imagine that? Fire bunnies or EV bunnies?

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Commander
# 23
05-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
The supposed Dev argument is that STFs are more difficult than other PvE content, so award more. And I'm ok with that, *IF*...

However, they need to create STFs (at least one each) for Romulan and Nukara Reps systems. Ones of similar difficulty to the Omega STFs that award the same Marks, Dilithium, and EC (through random gear drops).

Further, both Omega and Nukara need a ~20 minute "Daily Patrol" similar to the Tau Dewa Sector Block mission that rewards 60 appropriate Marks (75 during Event time). Basically, a medium Space PvE Daily.
Normal STFs aren't that much more difficult, but the payout is much better.
The REAL issue isn't marks for difficulty, the problem is how much time is invested. Azure, or the vault may be extremely easy, but they can't be completed any sooner.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
05-23-2013, 12:24 AM
Exactly! People will stop doing these events, when there are far more productive ways to earn Marks.

But when it comes to Tholian Marks, they all are horrible. I don't know if because they think people rushed Omega and Romulan Marks when S7 went live and they thought to slow it up? Or they are being sadistic.

Either way, the Tholian Reputation needs an overhaul, especially those who have multiple characters.
Captain
# 25
05-23-2013, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
The REAL issue isn't marks for difficulty, the problem is how much time is invested. Azure, or the vault may be extremely easy, but they can't be completed any sooner.
and that makes them boring as hell. flying around azure, half the time you are just wandering around, you spend way too much time, you are bored as hell, because the enemy is easy to defeat, and no tactics whatsoever is required (STFs atleas have that to show, while being quick)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Rihannsu
# 26
05-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Nukara Marks need a serious overhaul, the current amounts we get from missions make it so most players will shy away from the Nukara Rep system in favor of one where we can actually make progress. That is unless all of the unlocks only require Dilithium and time then the current state might be tolerable, but since most Mk12 parts are 500 to 1000 marks I see no one grinding for them. Unless we can get some realistic numbers on the marks we gain in the tholian PvE missions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Captain
# 27
05-24-2013, 05:54 AM
I am only going to make it on mine PVP main, that is all. They pushed too much with this rep.

Starbase grind, omega grind, romulan grind and now the worst of them, tholian grind.. too much us too much.

Sorry for bad english.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 28
05-24-2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post
But here's the thing: Azure and Vault *AREN'T* extremely easy. They're actually considerably more difficult than, say, an Elite STF, which is only 6-10 minutes of faceroll, as opposed to 15 minutes. A thing which takes 15 minutes to do is clearly considerably harder than something you can blow through in 6-10.

Azure is, in fact, sadistically difficult: With an Elite STF, you cannot lose except by screwing up. A perfect performance always guarantees perfect results. With Azure, you can perform perfectly, and still fail.
Captain
# 29
05-24-2013, 07:17 AM
Its pretty ridiculous that the borg elite stfs (which can be completed in less than 10 minutes with a good team, less than 5 with an epic one) give FIVE TIMES THE MARKS of things that take 20-30 minutes to do.

The new shuttle combat atmospheric thing is awesome and fun, but the reward (about 15-20 marks)... seriously?

You need to triple the mark payouts for anything other than the borg stfs.

Why? because rom and nukara requisitions are going to require doing these pieces of content 20 TIMES EACH for 1 item.

Thats just plain wrong.

Fix this.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Commander
# 30
05-24-2013, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rast1qq View Post
We need tholian epohhs !
We also need assimilated ones on Defera.