Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 739
# 1 Power
05-23-2013, 02:58 AM
Time to un-nerf Eng consoles.

They were neutered back in the day because one of the Devs felt like they gave too much power and that it was way too easy to have high power levels.

Look at what we've got now.

Plasmonic Leech can give you +15-20.
MACO shields can give you +10 (or is it more?)
Warp Cores give you a bunch as well, let's say +15 to call it even.

That's +40 power without having to actually do anything - no BOff powers, no DOffs, no active player actions. Nothing. All it costs is 1 console slot (since you're have to run shields and a warp core anyways).

These consoles used to grant +7 to a single subsystem and that was enough to get them nerfed. Leech alone can give you +15 to EVERYTHING.

Why bother ever running an Engineering console that will give you +3.5 to a single subsystem?
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?

Last edited by praxi5; 05-23-2013 at 03:12 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 85
# 2
05-23-2013, 03:10 AM
Let's face it , we need all this power to fight NPC'S.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 677
# 3
05-23-2013, 07:40 AM
+3.5????


Thats a bit too OP lad, I request cryptic nerfs them to +2 at most.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,758
# 4
05-23-2013, 08:59 AM
I agree with this. If they want us to have power, might as well just let us go all out.

Sarcasm\ After all, the tacs and scis need more power levels, especially tacs. /sarcasm

Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,390
# 5
05-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
They were neutered back in the day because one of the Devs felt like they gave too much power and that it was way too easy to have high power levels.
From items readily available...


Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
Look at what we've got now.

Plasmonic Leech can give you +15-20.
MACO shields can give you +10 (or is it more?)
Warp Cores give you a bunch as well, let's say +15 to call it even.

That's +40 power without having to actually do anything
From items that are sufficiently monetized...






It's possible I'm being too cynical, but there really are days when you just have to wonder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,114
# 6
05-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
Why bother ever running an Engineering console that will give you +3.5 to a single subsystem?
Even if it was unnerfed, would you still run the power consoles?

My Fed tactical officer runs a ship with no ability consoles (except for cloak). I have no room for something that would just boost one subsystem that, because of Warp Core Efficiency, wouldn't even give me the full amount anyways.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 7
05-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Solution:

Add a corresponding non-power bonus to the consoles, perhaps similar in function to the bonus given by the related EPtX variant.

IE: Weapon power consoles gain some manner of energy weapon damage, drain reduction, accuracy boost.

Shield power consoles gain some form of shield resist, regen, bleedthrough boost

Engine power consoles gain defense, turn rate, speed boost

Aux power consoles gain stealth detection, healing, exotic damage boost

Just a thought.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,758
# 8
05-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Solution:

Add a corresponding non-power bonus to the consoles, perhaps similar in function to the bonus given by the related EPtX variant.

IE: Weapon power consoles gain some manner of energy weapon damage, drain reduction, accuracy boost.

Shield power consoles gain some form of shield resist, regen, bleedthrough boost

Engine power consoles gain defense, turn rate, speed boost

Aux power consoles gain stealth detection, healing, exotic damage boost

Just a thought.
I like your idea, but it probably won't happen because that makes sense.

That would be a nice usage of them though. But maybe not give the Defense bonus on the engine power console. Because that might be a little much, there's already a ton of Defense bonuses around.

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 739
# 9
05-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Even if it was unnerfed, would you still run the power consoles?

My Fed tactical officer runs a ship with no ability consoles (except for cloak). I have no room for something that would just boost one subsystem that, because of Warp Core Efficiency, wouldn't even give me the full amount anyways.
Never.

Which is why in this day and age of multipurpose consoles, it would need something more than just +Power
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 130
# 10
05-23-2013, 05:18 PM
power consoles are fine.

Now if they unerf EPS back to when it reduced weapons drain, that would be ok in todays game, because with doffs and mogai anti -weapen drain is already in the game.

Or give it to insulators, to resist weapons drain when fired, like geko stated it did in a previous post but is actually false they don't effect weapon drain.
Nova Core
ParadiseKiller

House of Beautiful Orions
Zeadonouse
ToLate
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:21 AM.